Rapid Z Calculator
Instructions For Using the Zeiss Rapid-Z� Reticle Ballistic Computer Program.
1. Enter your E-Mail address in the appropriate box.
2. Enter your zip code in the appropriate box.
3. Click LOGIN
Screen will now show MAIN DATA FORM
4. Enter altitude (ft) where you will be zeroing your rifle in Altitude (ft) box and
Click SUBMIT DATA. (Every time you enter new data, you must click SUBMIT DATA button).
5. Enter approximate temperature in TEMPERATURE (F) where you will be zeroing your rifle and click SUBMIT DATA box.
6. If you are using factory ammunition click on Obtain Factory Ammo Data link. You will now be on the CARTRIDGE DATA FORM.
A. Look at SELECT BRAND, scroll to your chosen brand and type of factory ammunition and click on it, then click on SHOW DATA button.
B. Look at SELECT CARTRIDGE information and scroll to your chosen load. Click on it and then click on UPDATE button and wait for data to be updated.
C. Click on MAIN DATA FORM button (this will take you back to
MAIN DATA FORM) with your chosen load information entered in appropriate boxes. Skip to step 8 (reticle analysis).
7. If you are using handloaded ammunition, click on Obtain Bullet Reloading Data link.
A. Now you will be able to select the bullet brand caliber/diameter weight and style. Then click on the UPDATE button and wait for the new data to appear. Then click on the MAIN DATA FORM button.
B. Once on the MAIN DATA FORM you will need to enter your Muzzle velocity based upon your handloaded specifications. You can also update any other atmospheric conditions at this time as well.
8. On the MAIN DATA FORM click on Reticle Analysis link (this will transfer you to the RETICLE ANALYSIS page.)
9. If you know the Rapid-Z� reticle you are using, go to RETICLE SELECTION drop down box and scroll to your reticle and click on the reticle from the drop down box. If you do not know which reticle is most suitable for your caliber click on the AUTO PICK button, and it will select the correct Rapid-Z� reticle for your application.
10. Look at the SCOPE POWER SETTING and enter into the Maximum Power box the maximum magnification of your Rapid-Z� scope.
11. Click on OPTIMIZE POWER button. The correct power zoom ring setting (operating power) will be highlighted below the OPTIMIZE POWER box. This is where the power will be set when zeroing your rifle. If you are hunting