| huntfish wrote:|
Thanks, I have a Conquest 3.5-10x44 and was looking to replace it with a Swarovski. Have a chance to buy a 3-10x42 AV or (for an extra$500) a 1.7-10x42 Z6 and didn't know if I would be getting much more for the money? Is the AV much better than the Conquest?
You may get a mixed bag of opinions on this one but your Zeiss sounds like a fine scope!!
Below may help. It takes into consideration the following:
1. Optical Quality - How bright and clear the scope is.
2. Specifications - Field of view, eye relief, weight, adjustment travel, etc.
3. Durability - How do they with stand the test of time.
4. Special Features & Options - Proprietary items (reticles, design, turrets), Zoom ratio.
5. Warranty & Customer Service - How good are they.
6. Value - Bang for your buck.
2008 Riflescope Rating Scale
10 - Swarovski Z6, Zeiss Victory
9 - Kahles C - CL & CSX, Schmidt & Bender
8 - Kahles KX, U.S. Optics, Swarovski PH & American, X.O.T.I.C., Zeiss Classic
7 - Bushnell Elite 6500, Leupold VX-7, Nightforce, IOR Valdada
6 - Bushnell Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch & Monarch X, Zeiss Conquest
5 - Leupold Mark 4 VX III & VX-L, Nikon Monarch Gold & Titanium, Sightron SIII
Burris Black Diamond Signature Select XTR & Euro Diamond, Meopta,
Pentax Lightseeker, Super Sniper, Trijicon Accupoint, Weaver Grand Slam
3 - Bushnell Elite 3200, Leatherwood, Leupold VX-II, Millet, Nikon Buckmaster, Sightron SI & SII, Vortex
2 - Burris Fullfield II & Timberline, Leupold Rifleman & VX-I, Mueller, Nikon ProStaff, Simmons, Swift
1 - Barska, BSA, Tasco
0 - ATN, Leapers, NcStar