OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ..whos voting for Hussein Obama
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

..whos voting for Hussein Obama

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message
Redfield63 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Avatar

Joined: February/24/2008
Location: west virginia
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfield63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 14:12
..sure not me,,in WV..sorry ObamaBandito
Back to Top
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Avatar

Joined: November/25/2007
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline
Points: 5389
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 16:10
McCain, plain and simple.
Back to Top
zanmor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper


Joined: February/24/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 22:43
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

Originally posted by texashunter texashunter wrote:

Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

I'm a Libertarian and I wouldn't give my vote to Mr Paul................ What does that tell you bro.......



...your not a constitutionalist

Look at his voting record compared to the constitution, He has a 100% Constitutionally correct voting record

........................I have no quarrels with Ron Paul domestically or his belief in what the Constitution is and should be!......His problem is to pretend that evil does not exist, stick our heads in a hole and hope we never get hit again!...........50% or so of the American people are absolutely so naive when it comes to terrorism and its threats....IF ONLY WE WOULD LEAVE THEM ALONE; THEY WOULD LEAVE US ALONE??.... B.S!!!!...While we try and make peace, they would be planning their next attack!!.....That`s what liberals do; APPEASE AND NEGOTIATE WITH EVIL; RATHER THAN CONFRONT IT AND DESTROY IT!.........THAT MY FRIEND,,,,,,,IS YOUR RON PAUL!!!!......NO THANKS!!!LocoLocoLocoLocoLoco  


Pretend evil doesn't exist? He approved the war in Afghanistan because it was a defensive war in response to the 9/11 attacks. To start war when a country has not attacked us is unconstitutional and immoral. Iraq had not attacked us. Preemptive wars to deal with potential threats are not good foreign policy and hypocritical. When do we deal with Iran, North Korea, China, and god only knows how many other countries, hostile to America and its values, that are developing the types of weapons programs we had to kill Saddam for?

Our foreign policy is failing. If nothing else it requires increased taxes and strips us of our Freedom here at home. I could give a sh*t less about the people who don't live in America and if I have to risk a terrorist attack in order to be truly free then by god, give me liberty or give me death, as they say. Correcting a failing policy is not appeasement.

McCain will win the nomination, but he's about as conservative as my H.S. art teacher. At least in the primaries I can vote for the man I want (Dr. Paul) without it splitting the Republican vote and result in a Democrat in office. I'll vote for the GOP this fall, but right now I vote for my ideals; Freedom.
Back to Top
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar
Gaseous Clay

Joined: August/24/2007
Location: North Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 12288
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 22:56
Originally posted by texashunter texashunter wrote:

Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

I'm a Libertarian and I wouldn't give my vote to Mr Paul................ What does that tell you bro.......



...your not a constitutionalist

Look at his voting record compared to the constitution, He has a 100% Constitutionally correct voting record

OH REALLY????????????
I suppose that believing in protecting this Country from possible and very REAL threats, that are over seas and on this very continent as well is uncostitutional????????
That makes absolutely no sense at all........... To hear you tell it anyone that is not in line with your view is UNCONSTITUTIONAL......... Ron Paul is in many ways a fantastic candidate............. I will not however lend my vote to anyone that lacks the stomach to do the job that is necessary to insure the long term safety of this Country........... I also believe in DOCUMENTING immigrants. Would you have open borders in this day and age, with so many that would destroy us? That is foolish, I am no ones fool, least of all someone that claims to be a COSTITUTIONALLY accurate candidate, and blindly allow the threats to this Country in and welcome them at that..............My idea of a welcoming party for these individuals is the fireworks that come from the muzzle blast of an AMERICAN held gun. STATES RIGHTS IS CONSTITUTIONAL, Where has that concept gone?
FREE and OPEN BORDERS and an antiwar stance is not a CONSTITUTIONALLY mandated concept.
Since when is it Constitutionally wrong to be at war with our enemies, or to fight for freedom for others for that matter?
YOU SIR are DEAD WRONG on these issues as is Mr Paul............
I am a CONSTITUTIONALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As such I have fought for the rights of people to be self loathing and to hate this Country as well............. WHERE SIR DO YOU STAND?
I suppose then also that to have a military is UNCONSTITUTIONAL?
To use it for the protection of our sovereignty is UNCONSTITUTIONAL?
HMMMMMMMMMMMM........... I guess being PATRIOTIC is also then UNCONSTITUTIONAL????
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! THINK AGAIN SIR, especially before you start saying that I AM NOT A CONSTITUTIONALIST!!!!!!!


Edited by cyborg - February/24/2008 at 23:06
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Back to Top
zanmor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper


Joined: February/24/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 23:05
Fighting foreign wars is not defending our own borders. Hell yes we need to document immigrants and secure our borders. A country without secure borders is no country at all. There are threats overseas. China, Korea and Iran are great examples, yet you don't find us going to war with them. For one, it makes no sense (just as Iraq didn't, but the administration pushed for it beyond reason) and for another thing, its immoral. Strictly speaking we can launch aggressive wars, but since war is supposed to be declared by Congress it is very rare that we would have an aggressive war if the Constitution was obeyed.

Did you know we have troops in over 130 countries? From Afghanistan to Australia, France to Japan, they're defending everyone but America. If we had troops on our borders, in our airports and at our docks we wouldn't have illegal immigration, that's for sure. The thing is, the 9/11 terrorists were documented. And there's little you can do to stop actions like those unless you support things like the so-called 'Patriot' Act, stripping us of many of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. If you want to live in a police state like so many of the countries we occupy, by all means, let your Freedoms dissipate, but I won't stand for it.

Many have taken an oath to office, swearing to defend this country and it’s Constitution from all threats, foreign and domestic. It is the latter we should be most worried about. A foreign threat is easy enough to spot and guard against. This or that army, the rhetoric of this communist or fascist leader, we see these and seek to protect ourselves. However, we fail to look at ourselves, or rather, those we have elected. These are the greatest threats for they have tasted the prestige, power and joys of public office. They seek to retain them, and not to retain the Freedom of the individual.

Back to Top
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar
Gaseous Clay

Joined: August/24/2007
Location: North Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 12288
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 23:33
Originally posted by zanmor zanmor wrote:

Fighting foreign wars is not defending our own borders. Hell yes we need to document immigrants and secure our borders. A country without secure borders is no country at all. There are threats overseas. China, Korea and Iran are great examples, yet you don't find us going to war with them. For one, it makes no sense (just as Iraq didn't, but the administration pushed for it beyond reason) and for another thing, its immoral. Strictly speaking we can launch aggressive wars, but since war is supposed to be declared by Congress it is very rare that we would have an aggressive war if the Constitution was obeyed.

Did you know we have troops in over 130 countries? From Afghanistan to Australia, France to Japan, they're defending everyone but America. If we had troops on our borders, in our airports and at our docks we wouldn't have illegal immigration, that's for sure. The thing is, the 9/11 terrorists were documented. And there's little you can do to stop actions like those unless you support things like the so-called 'Patriot' Act, stripping us of many of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. If you want to live in a police state like so many of the countries we occupy, by all means, let your Freedoms dissipate, but I won't stand for it.

Many have taken an oath to office, swearing to defend this country and it’s Constitution from all threats, foreign and domestic. It is the latter we should be most worried about. A foreign threat is easy enough to spot and guard against. This or that army, the rhetoric of this communist or fascist leader, we see these and seek to protect ourselves. However, we fail to look at ourselves, or rather, those we have elected. These are the greatest threats for they have tasted the prestige, power and joys of public office. They seek to retain them, and not to retain the Freedom of the individual.

I certainly agree with the CAREER POLITICIAN thing, it was NEVER intended that politicians seek out a career in public DIS-SERVICE........ That is one of the very things that Franklin warned about.
The Patriot act is wrong, I agree, but only in so far as HOW it could be used against the citizens. I think that VISA's are wrong. IF we as a people get rid of the undocumented here then the PATRIOT ACT would not be necessary. 
The troops in other Countries is necessary, whether you like it or not. That is one way to keep it from getting to this Country.
Get rid of the BS socialist wealth redistribution and we can have a military presence here, like is needed.
Get rid of the handcuffs that are placed on the CITIZENS of this Country and give them back the right to be PERSONALLY responsible, and alot of the foolishness will stop.
Furthermore the IRAQ war was declared, why else would so many that are saying I VOTED AGAINST IT be saying that?
I don't agree with weapons bans either, Constitutionally speaking we as citizens would be able to have NUCLEAR WEAPONS. That is not wise though. IS IT?
I do not agree with drug control, if someone wants to abuse drugs and put themselves at risk, that is their business. Until affects the public or another person.  
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Back to Top
zanmor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper


Joined: February/24/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 23:46
Actually, we haven't been in a declared war since WWII. When Congressmen say they voted for or against a war they actually voted for a non-binding and vague resolution that generally says "The President should take any steps necessary to insure country/faction/leader X does not hurt/threaten the national interest." And national interest is something totally contrived and essentially meaningless. Of course, our interest was individual Freedom.

Nuclear weapons also require a tremendous amount of funding, knowledge and technology. It's entirely infeasible for a private citizen to get a hold of one for the same reason that no terrorists have gotten nuclear weapons in to this country. Though, I tend to agree on a personal level such a weapon is unnecessary, I don't think our politicians should be passing legislation to limit our right to bear arms. It's a slippery slope type of thing and we're starting to slide.

So long as one's actions don't inhibit the actions of another there is nothing wrong with them.

We need troops to protect France and Japan? Can't these people, modernized, westernized countries that haven't fought a war in their homeland for nearly fifty years raise a military adequate to provide for the minimal protection they need now a days? In other areas all that policing does is prolong wars. A general and key strategist in Iraq (I can find his name later if you want) said war is a natural action for states to work out disagreements they can't otherwise compromise on. The winner is the one with the force to either make you see things their way, or stop seeing things your way (die). If it is carried out to its natural and complete end, peace is the result. War is fought with the aim of terminating itself. The death and genocide is unfortunate, but at some point that's about all we can hope for in the Middle East. Our involvement simply prolongs the inevitable and has done nothing productive in the past fifty years.

I suppose you believe the terrorists hate us for our freedoms?
Back to Top
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar
Gaseous Clay

Joined: August/24/2007
Location: North Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 12288
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 00:09
No I am a believer in that they despise us for the Moral slipping that has occured in this country. Which in a round about way is due to freedom, and the lack of responsibility, that is supposed to go hand in hand with freedom. Once responsibility is gone so then is freedom. We are seeing it now. Freedom of responsibility, is the absence of freedom. there is more freedom over there than there is here. Sad isn't it?
In so far as Japan and France are concerned, our presence there is what thwarts any threat from them. Like it or not, it is a fact. I don't like it. There are alot of things that I don't like, but I have to see it from the stand point that this country and its citizens are in a perpatual state of threat. The world is a much smaller place today. 
Our biggest problem is that we as a people have lost the will that it takes to be free. We have turned to politicians to solve our problems and those abroad see us as weak because of this. 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Back to Top
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Avatar
Lord Of The Flies

Joined: March/14/2007
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 6224
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 07:46
The only sad thing about any war is that the very political drivel that starts it, develops a moral conscience somewhere along the line. Then all the "dooo-gooders" who have no idea what the troops on the ground is doing and going through, develop their own conscience. pretty soon the troops, who are doing a damm difficult and dangerous job, is left out to dry. They, who started out as the heros, come home as the villians.
Zanmor, if you do not see the need to defend your own country and to go wherever you need to go to do this, stand aside. There is lots of evil men in other countries who will not hesitate to come across to your side of the pond and to do what is necesarry for their own gain.


Edited by 8shots - February/25/2008 at 07:54
Back to Top
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar
Gaseous Clay

Joined: August/24/2007
Location: North Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 12288
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 09:00
I have fought them on their grounds, and if necessary I WILL fight them on mine..... Thank you 8Shots. Once again your wisdom is dead on sir!!!!!!!
Those of you that don't have the stomach for doing what needs be done, atleast have the decency to be grateful for those of us that do.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Back to Top
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master


Joined: October/05/2006
Location: North Carolina
Status: Offline
Points: 1795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 10:16
Zanmor, what planet did you come off of.  We went into Iraq after they refused, if I am correct 31 UN sanctioned inspections for weapons of mass destruction, which that has previously used (gassing the Kurds in the north), despite the threat of entering their country with troops.  Well after 30 false threats, I guess Saddam figured, what the heck, their pulling my leg again.  Thats how we got there in the first place.  All of the sudden, the UN backs away from their on threats to go into Iraq, so who is left to do it.  Besides the point, the UN is nothing more than hide out for communist nations and terrorists who seek asylum and spread their evil word.  NAFTA, the great piece of work pushed through by the great Bill Clinton was worked through the UN.  If a treaty is passed by the UN, signed by the president, it only requires a majority vote in the house and senate to pass.  Guess how NAFTA passed.  Thats how George Soros, Iran, China, Russia and every other communist nation and terrorist wants to ban guns in this country.  So get real, there are some bad people in this country who are completely naive to the issues and you my friend are one of them.  Do you own any guns?  Do you want to keep them?  If asked to serve your country right now, would you?  I am 50 years old with 3 older children, a 1 year old and one on the way and if asked to serve, because my services were needed, I would be there.  My father was in the service and too many to count relatives served in the confederate army.  Like 8 shots said, go elsewhere, maybe France, where they (the government), cannot seem to have the courage to do anything, dating back to WWII.  I love the French people and their wine, so do not take this out of context.
Back to Top
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar
GOOGLE NINJA

Joined: August/30/2007
Location: Anaheim, Calif.
Status: Offline
Points: 3143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 12:33
Hey Zanmor.......................................To my recollection, GERMANY did not attack us at anytime before WW2!! RIGHT??? The plain difference between you and the rest of us is very simple..............You would rather wait and do nothing until we are attacked again! You sir, would rather trust the terrorists not to go forward with any plans to attack us again. And only if we are attacked again, then strike back????!!!!!..................Let`s see now! Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions; but nevermind that!......He murdered hundreds of thousands if not millions of Iraquis; but nevermind that!........Bush went to the UN for two resolutions to try and satisfy his opposition and avoid the war; but nevermind that!......Bush gave Saddam every opportunity to avoid the war; but nevermind that!....... Saddam USED WMD in the north killing 5,000; but nevermind that!.........ALL of the intelligence agencies throughout the world UNANIMOUSLY concluded that he had WMD; but nevermind that!............Saddam gave 25K each to the famalies of the suicide bombers for a job well done; but nevermind that!........Saddam was shooting at our planes in the no fly zone; but nevermind that!.........The overwhelming majority of Democrats voted for the war; but nevermind that!.........Per several reports, had we not gone into Iraq, Saddam would have re-constituted in WMD ambitions, then selling or giving WMD to terrorist organizations like al-Queda to be used in the USA making 9/11 look like a bake sale; but nevermind that!..............This war was voted on, by both the house and Senate by a clear majority, which does in fact make it VERY constitutional; but nevermind that!.......UN resolution 1441 specifically stated that Saddam NEEDED to prove and show that he had no WMD and disclose FULLY what he did with them. It WAS NOT up to the U.S. to prove they existed; but nevermind that!.............The UN itself voted by a clear majority in favor for the war; but nevermind that!..........It`s ALL of the same breed of fanatical terrorism, whether in Afganistan, Iraq or in any of the many countries around the world; but nevermind that!................The 1st World Trade Center bombing; nevermind that!........The attack on the USS Cole; nevermind that!..........The two US Embassys destroyed in Africa; nevermind that!.......The Kobart towers attack; nevermind that!...........The bombing attack in Bali killing 200+; but nevermind that!.........The attacks in London and Spain; nevermind those!.........Saddam tried to mislead the weapons inspectors; nevermind that!..........Saddam invaded Kuwait; but what the hell; nevermind that!..........Regardless of any violence, Iraq now is starting to flourish with its economy and things are coming together; slowly but still coming together; nevermind that!............The surge has been working but not reported as to its success by our biased liberal friends in the media; nevermind that!.........Because Saddam violated ALL UN resolutions, THAT in and of itself gave us every right to re-enter Iraq,,,SIR; but nevermind that too!...................So Mr. Zanmor! You go right ahead and keep drinking that liberal KOOL-AID of yours, filled with recipes for do-nothing until we are attacked again and appeasement for those who wish us all dead or conform to their ideaology!...............UNCONSTITUTIONAL? Please show me where it says in the constitution that WE don`t have the right to defend ourselves OR take PREEMPTIVE action if necessary!!!!!!!...........YOU CAN`T; but nevermind that!!!............................LocoLocoLocoLocoLocoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhacko 
Back to Top
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master


Joined: October/05/2006
Location: North Carolina
Status: Offline
Points: 1795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 13:31
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

Hey Zanmor.......................................To my recollection, GERMANY did not attack us at anytime before WW2!! RIGHT??? The plain difference between you and the rest of us is very simple..............You would rather wait and do nothing until we are attacked again! You sir, would rather trust the terrorists not to go forward with any plans to attack us again. And only if we are attacked again, then strike back????!!!!!..................Let`s see now! Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions; but nevermind that!......He murdered hundreds of thousands if not millions of Iraquis; but nevermind that!........Bush went to the UN for two resolutions to try and satisfy his opposition and avoid the war; but nevermind that!......Bush gave Saddam every opportunity to avoid the war; but nevermind that!....... Saddam USED WMD in the north killing 5,000; but nevermind that!.........ALL of the intelligence agencies throughout the world UNANIMOUSLY concluded that he had WMD; but nevermind that!............Saddam gave 25K each to the famalies of the suicide bombers for a job well done; but nevermind that!........Saddam was shooting at our planes in the no fly zone; but nevermind that!.........The overwhelming majority of Democrats voted for the war; but nevermind that!.........Per several reports, had we not gone into Iraq, Saddam would have re-constituted in WMD ambitions, then selling or giving WMD to terrorist organizations like al-Queda to be used in the USA making 9/11 look like a bake sale; but nevermind that!..............This war was voted on, by both the house and Senate by a clear majority, which does in fact make it VERY constitutional; but nevermind that!.......UN resolution 1441 specifically stated that Saddam NEEDED to prove and show that he had no WMD and disclose FULLY what he did with them. It WAS NOT up to the U.S. to prove they existed; but nevermind that!.............The UN itself voted by a clear majority in favor for the war; but nevermind that!..........It`s ALL of the same breed of fanatical terrorism, whether in Afganistan, Iraq or in any of the many countries around the world; but nevermind that!................The 1st World Trade Center bombing; nevermind that!........The attack on the USS Cole; nevermind that!..........The two US Embassys destroyed in Africa; nevermind that!.......The Kobart towers attack; nevermind that!...........The bombing attack in Bali killing 200+; but nevermind that!.........The attacks in London and Spain; nevermind those!.........Saddam tried to mislead the weapons inspectors; nevermind that!..........Saddam invaded Kuwait; but what the hell; nevermind that!..........Regardless of any violence, Iraq now is starting to flourish with its economy and things are coming together; slowly but still coming together; nevermind that!............The surge has been working but not reported as to its success by our biased liberal friends in the media; nevermind that!.........Because Saddam violated ALL UN resolutions, THAT in and of itself gave us every right to re-enter Iraq,,,SIR; but nevermind that too!...................So Mr. Zanmor! You go right ahead and keep drinking that liberal KOOL-AID of yours, filled with recipes for do-nothing until we are attacked again and appeasement for those who wish us all dead or conform to their ideaology!...............UNCONSTITUTIONAL? Please show me where it says in the constitution that WE don`t have the right to defend ourselves OR take PREEMPTIVE action if necessary!!!!!!!...........YOU CAN`T; but nevermind that!!!............................LocoLocoLocoLocoLocoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhacko 
Well said BS.
Back to Top
zanmor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper


Joined: February/24/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 15:53
Strictly speaking we can launch aggressive wars, but since war is supposed to be declared by Congress it is very rare that we would have an aggressive war if the Constitution was obeyed. An undeclared war (all wars since Korea) is an unconstitutional war.

Germany was allied with Japan, who did attack us. "At the end of September 1940, the Tripartite Pact between Japan, Italy and Germany formalized the Axis Powers. As a warning to the United States, the pact stipulated that, with the exception of the Soviet Union, any country not currently in the war which attacked any Axis Power would be forced to go to war against all three."

What do I care about the Iraqis or Turks or the UN? What's a UN resolution to me, an American? Nothing, that's what. They mess with, not only our sovereignty but the sovereignty of all nations on the globe. Why should they make stipulations on Saddam? He wants to fight the rest of the Arab tribes, by all means, I could care less. Democrats voted for the war, whoopy, because Democrats' votes are were I look to for shining examples of defense of our Constitution and the rights guaranteed therein.

The U.S. has been attacked by and will continue to be a target of terrorists. This is virtually unavoidable to some extent. However, unless we link them with a government, say Saddam in Iraq, then we have no reason to invade that country. If we had linked 9/11 to Iraq then that bastard deserved to pay for what he brought about on our shores. But we didn't.

You guys admit to the ridiculous nature of the U.N. and the stupidity of Democrats, yet these are your prime examples for why we should go to war. This si why Americans are losing their Freedom.

And to answer a question, yes, if America were attacked again today, I would step up to fight for her defense. This is my homeland and I am proud of it. But not proud simply because we can destroy a third world country or oppress people across the globe and determine how other countries should work, but proud because we were founded on the ideals of individual Liberty and there's still a chance that we might honor that obligation.
Back to Top
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar
GOOGLE NINJA

Joined: August/30/2007
Location: Anaheim, Calif.
Status: Offline
Points: 3143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 16:36
Originally posted by zanmor zanmor wrote:

Strictly speaking we can launch aggressive wars, but since war is supposed to be declared by Congress it is very rare that we would have an aggressive war if the Constitution was obeyed. An undeclared war (all wars since Korea) is an unconstitutional war.

Germany was allied with Japan, who did attack us. "At the end of September 1940, the Tripartite Pact between Japan, Italy and Germany formalized the Axis Powers. As a warning to the United States, the pact stipulated that, with the exception of the Soviet Union, any country not currently in the war which attacked any Axis Power would be forced to go to war against all three."

What do I care about the Iraqis or Turks or the UN? What's a UN resolution to me, an American? Nothing, that's what. They mess with, not only our sovereignty but the sovereignty of all nations on the globe. Why should they make stipulations on Saddam? He wants to fight the rest of the Arab tribes, by all means, I could care less. Democrats voted for the war, whoopy, because Democrats' votes are were I look to for shining examples of defense of our Constitution and the rights guaranteed therein.

The U.S. has been attacked by and will continue to be a target of terrorists. This is virtually unavoidable to some extent. However, unless we link them with a government, say Saddam in Iraq, then we have no reason to invade that country. If we had linked 9/11 to Iraq then that bastard deserved to pay for what he brought about on our shores. But we didn't.

You guys admit to the ridiculous nature of the U.N. and the stupidity of Democrats, yet these are your prime examples for why we should go to war. This si why Americans are losing their Freedom.

And to answer a question, yes, if America were attacked again today, I would step up to fight for her defense. This is my homeland and I am proud of it. But not proud simply because we can destroy a third world country or oppress people across the globe and determine how other countries should work, but proud because we were founded on the ideals of individual Liberty and there's still a chance that we might honor that obligation.
.............................................The idea is to stay on OFFENSE!...... GET IT!!!.... If we can`t protect the homeland first, then the Constitution means nothing and which liberals trash anyway!..................And Saddam was an ally of terrorism. GET IT!!.....What would have happened had we not gone into Iraq? Simple! Sanctions or not, Saddam would have under secrecy re-constituted his WMD programs; nevermind that!........Continue to murder his own people; nevermind that!.........No doubt would have proliferated any WMD developement to terrorist groups causing a future attack on our nation much larger than 9/11; nevermind that!..............Protecting the "homeland" means alot more than remaining on the DEFENSIVE!......You say; "IF WE WERE ATTACKED" you`d defend and stand up and fight!!!...........Well sir! The IDEA IS TO PREVENT AN ATTACK FROM HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE AND DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO DO SO!!!..........GET IT!!!!............If Europe had seen the threat of Hitler, showed some strength, mobilized and attacked Germany first in the mid 30`s before Germany had become much stronger, MILLIONS OF LIVES WOULD HAVE BEEN SAVED!!......PREEMPTION WORKS!.. GET IT!!!!.....BUT NO!!! AN BRITISH APPEASER BY THE NAME OF CHAMBERLAIN CAME BACK FROM GERMANY WITH A TREATY IN HAND SIGNED BY ADOLPH HITLER! CHAMBERLAIN THEN DECLARED ''PEACE IN OUR TIME"..........OH REALLY!.......... Chamberlain TRUSTED evil and tried to negotiate with it AND because of that, MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF LIVES WERE LOST!..............Don`t tell me that defending the homeland must remain only as defensive and not offensive too!................Another thing you don`t understand is that terrorists have no specific govt. country or origin. That is why it is necessary for each country to be fore-warned that if they harbor, finance or protect the terrorists, THEY TOO WILL BE SUBJECT TO MILITARY FORCE!!!........GET IT,,,,Mr. Chamberlain????!!!LocoLocoLocoLocoLoco
Back to Top
CowboyBill View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Avatar

Joined: January/08/2008
Location: Nashville, Tenn
Status: Offline
Points: 85
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CowboyBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 16:47
Never you mind, you're clearly going to sit on that fence until you take a splinter to the sphincter or some other country comes in and knocks you and the rest of the fence riders down a few. We could have taken out Bin Laden, we knew what he was and we knew which side he took sides on after G.W. I. We did nothing because folks like you wouldn't stand for it. You don't have the stomach for freedom. You don't get it. You won't get it, because you can't get it. I am not going to waste my time. SLEEP WELL, and thank a soldier for providing that for you.   
A horse may be an outdated mode of transportation, but you don't buy hay by the gallon.
Back to Top
zanmor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper


Joined: February/24/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 17:05
After Germany started annexing nations it was no longer a preemptive war. It was defensive. The Allies were fighting a defensive war against the Axis. There was no reason to attack and kill Hitler before he annexed Austria or Poland, but after he initiated these hostile and threatening actions, France and England should have honored their agreement and attacked Germany to insure Polish independence. That didn't happen and that's what was wrong.

"We could have taken out Bin Laden, we knew what he was and we knew which side he took sides on after G.W. I. We did nothing because folks like you wouldn't stand for it."

Huh? Do you mean Saddam and the first Gulf War? If not, I agree, we could have easily dealt with Bin laden if we hadn't run haphazardly into Iraq. We shouldn't have done sh*t with Saddam in the early 90's. We shouldn't have been in Kuwait. The U.N. can push them back if they want to, the other Arab tribes can do what's in their interest and keep Saddam from getting too powerful, but we had no real reason (other than U.N. resolutions) to be there. We don't have to fight everyone. Plenty of our enemies are enemies of our other enemies and happy to fight each other, thereby saving us some trouble.

Freedom is only provided by soldiers when they fight wars that actually defend our Constitution. Otherwise politicians turn these noble men into tools of fascism and tyranny.
Back to Top
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master


Joined: October/05/2006
Location: North Carolina
Status: Offline
Points: 1795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 17:16
First and foremost, there is no comparison, regardless what pundits and politicians want to say, between this problem and Germany.  I will not go into further detail, but will say that radical Muslim extremists are different breed altogether.  They are not soldiers.  They have only one plan, that is too kill every non-Muslim in the way of their thinking.  If you think for a moment that leaving the region altogether will solve the problem, you are delusional.  We did have Bin Laden, but Bill Clinton was to busy watching golf.  Therein is the problem with liberals.  Thats funny though, considering how many people associated with the Clinton's have mysteriously died.
Back to Top
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar
GOOGLE NINJA

Joined: August/30/2007
Location: Anaheim, Calif.
Status: Offline
Points: 3143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 17:19
Originally posted by zanmor zanmor wrote:

After Germany started annexing nations it was no longer a preemptive war. It was defensive. The Allies were fighting a defensive war against the Axis. There was no reason to attack and kill Hitler before he annexed Austria or Poland, but after he initiated these hostile and threatening actions, France and England should have honored their agreement and attacked Germany to insure Polish independence. That didn't happen and that's what was wrong.

"We could have taken out Bin Laden, we knew what he was and we knew which side he took sides on after G.W. I. We did nothing because folks like you wouldn't stand for it."

Huh? Do you mean Saddam and the first Gulf War? If not, I agree, we could have easily dealt with Bin laden if we hadn't run haphazardly into Iraq. We shouldn't have done sh*t with Saddam in the early 90's. We shouldn't have been in Kuwait. The U.N. can push them back if they want to, the other Arab tribes can do what's in their interest and keep Saddam from getting too powerful, but we had no real reason (other than U.N. resolutions) to be there. We don't have to fight everyone. Plenty of our enemies are enemies of our other enemies and happy to fight each other, thereby saving us some trouble.

Freedom is only provided by soldiers when they fight wars that actually defend our Constitution. Otherwise politicians turn these noble men into tools of fascism and tyranny.
.....................................You`re an idiot!!..................What President had several opportunities to get Bin Laden and didn`t do it!!!??? SLICK WILLY CLINTON!!............We shouldn`t have gone into Kuwait? Now you`re a real idiot!.......The UN has no army to speak of. They can`t even enforce their OWN resolutions!!...You can`t be that stupid!!!...................As far as the rest of your hypotheticals?......I guess you are that dumb, especially when it comes to the enemy!..................LocoLoco 
Back to Top
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar
GOOGLE NINJA

Joined: August/30/2007
Location: Anaheim, Calif.
Status: Offline
Points: 3143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 17:25
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

Originally posted by zanmor zanmor wrote:

After Germany started annexing nations it was no longer a preemptive war. It was defensive. The Allies were fighting a defensive war against the Axis. There was no reason to attack and kill Hitler before he annexed Austria or Poland, but after he initiated these hostile and threatening actions, France and England should have honored their agreement and attacked Germany to insure Polish independence. That didn't happen and that's what was wrong.

"We could have taken out Bin Laden, we knew what he was and we knew which side he took sides on after G.W. I. We did nothing because folks like you wouldn't stand for it."

Huh? Do you mean Saddam and the first Gulf War? If not, I agree, we could have easily dealt with Bin laden if we hadn't run haphazardly into Iraq. We shouldn't have done sh*t with Saddam in the early 90's. We shouldn't have been in Kuwait. The U.N. can push them back if they want to, the other Arab tribes can do what's in their interest and keep Saddam from getting too powerful, but we had no real reason (other than U.N. resolutions) to be there. We don't have to fight everyone. Plenty of our enemies are enemies of our other enemies and happy to fight each other, thereby saving us some trouble.

Freedom is only provided by soldiers when they fight wars that actually defend our Constitution. Otherwise politicians turn these noble men into tools of fascism and tyranny.
.....................................You`re an idiot!!..................What President had several opportunities to get Bin Laden and didn`t do it!!!??? SLICK WILLY CLINTON!!............We shouldn`t have gone into Kuwait? Now you`re a real idiot!.......The UN has no army to speak of. They can`t even enforce their OWN resolutions!!...You can`t be that stupid!!!...................As far as the rest of your hypotheticals?......I guess you are that dumb, especially when it comes to the enemy!..................LocoLoco 
....................................................To Zanmor from the Squeeze!.....................................Mean%20Computer
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.