New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whats NOT OK to wear on a plane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Check GunBroker.com for SWFA's No Reserve and No Minimum bid firearm auctions.

Whats NOT OK to wear on a plane

 Post Reply Post Reply   Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 07:18
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar

Joined: December/29/2006
Location: mi
Status: Offline
Points: 3567

iReporter Lisa Oaks posted an iReport this week that caught our eye -- a photo of a man in the Dallas Fort-Worth Airport wearing short shorts and a halter top. "This is ok for a male revue nightclub, but not for public daytime," said Oaks, whose husband Mark snapped the shot.

According to Mark, the passenger was allowed to board his American Airlines flight, which he said came as a surprise. "If a woman was dressed like that, there's no way she would get past the parking lot," he said.  Lisa echoed his thoughts. "Rules of dress in public places like airports should be uniform policy and enforced for all sexes," she explained.

American Airlines' conditions of carriage state that passengers who are "clothed in a manner that would cause discomfort or offense to other passengers" may be refused entry on flights. We have contacted the airline for additional comments on this issue.

This isn't the first time airline passengers' clothing choices have made the news. In 2007, a Southwest flight attendant reprimanded a woman for wearing a tiny miniskirt that showed too much skin. And it seems everyone's talking lately about the flight attendant who made a dramatic exit on a Jet Blue flight and the frustrated flyer who slapped a baby.

We want to hear your personal take on this issue. Should airlines restrict what passengers can or can't wear on flights? Should there be different rules for men and women? What kinds of outfits or bizarre behaviors have caught your attention at airports?

Share your thoughts in the comments field below, but please try to stay respectful. We look forward to joining in the conversation and watching it unfold.



Edited by scooter65 - August/22/2010 at 07:20
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 08:28
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Avatar
Lord Of The Flies

Joined: March/14/2007
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 5751
I think security should have taken him out of sight and bitch-slapped some dress sense into him.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 09:04
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Avatar

Joined: January/08/2007
Location: Oklahoma
Status: Offline
Points: 7176
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

I think security should have taken him out of sight and bitch-slapped some dress sense into him.
That may have been the reason for wearing the attair in the first place. Didn't you see the collar.Whacko
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 10:09
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
Avatar
Chief Sackscratch

Joined: December/17/2009
Location: NorthCackalacky
Status: Offline
Points: 28753
Puker
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 12:34
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar
God of Wind

Joined: August/24/2007
Location: North Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 12082
When society resigns, to the government, the ability to police itself, this type of thing becomes common place.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 13:40
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
Avatar

Joined: March/19/2007
Location: St Stephens,Al.
Status: Offline
Points: 990
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

I think security should have taken him out of sight and bitch-slapped some dress sense into him.
+1  Mad
 
A proper positioning of a 2x4 up side of the head would help. 
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:56
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Avatar

Joined: July/20/2010
Location: South Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 1456
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

When society resigns, to the government, the ability to police itself, this type of thing becomes common place.
+1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 15:48
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Avatar

Joined: April/24/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2178
He's dressed to fly.Angel
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 22:53
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
Avatar
God of no Chihuahua

Joined: December/16/2007
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 24220
His fly is open.   His bomb bay door is open............Get Your Popcorn Ready
 
 
 
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 06:12
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar
bowsNbugs

Joined: March/10/2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 9285
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

iReporter Lisa Oaks posted an iReport this week that caught our eye -- a photo of a man in the Dallas Fort-Worth Airport wearing short shorts and a halter top. "This is ok for a male revue nightclub, but not for public daytime," said Oaks, whose husband Mark snapped the shot.

According to Mark, the passenger was allowed to board his American Airlines flight, which he said came as a surprise. "If a woman was dressed like that, there's no way she would get past the parking lot," he said.  Lisa echoed his thoughts. "Rules of dress in public places like airports should be uniform policy and enforced for all sexes," she explained.

American Airlines' conditions of carriage state that passengers who are "clothed in a manner that would cause discomfort or offense to other passengers" may be refused entry on flights. We have contacted the airline for additional comments on this issue.

This isn't the first time airline passengers' clothing choices have made the news. In 2007, a Southwest flight attendant reprimanded a woman for wearing a tiny miniskirt that showed too much skin. And it seems everyone's talking lately about the flight attendant who made a dramatic exit on a Jet Blue flight and the frustrated flyer who slapped a baby.

We want to hear your personal take on this issue. Should airlines restrict what passengers can or can't wear on flights? Should there be different rules for men and women? What kinds of outfits or bizarre behaviors have caught your attention at airports?

Share your thoughts in the comments field below, but please try to stay respectful. We look forward to joining in the conversation and watching it unfold.



The Dude kinda looks like Bill Kristol of Fox news.


Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 06:46
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar

Joined: December/29/2006
Location: mi
Status: Offline
Points: 3567
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

iReporter Lisa Oaks posted an iReport this week that caught our eye -- a photo of a man in the Dallas Fort-Worth Airport wearing short shorts and a halter top. "This is ok for a male revue nightclub, but not for public daytime," said Oaks, whose husband Mark snapped the shot.

According to Mark, the passenger was allowed to board his American Airlines flight, which he said came as a surprise. "If a woman was dressed like that, there's no way she would get past the parking lot," he said.  Lisa echoed his thoughts. "Rules of dress in public places like airports should be uniform policy and enforced for all sexes," she explained.

American Airlines' conditions of carriage state that passengers who are "clothed in a manner that would cause discomfort or offense to other passengers" may be refused entry on flights. We have contacted the airline for additional comments on this issue.

This isn't the first time airline passengers' clothing choices have made the news. In 2007, a Southwest flight attendant reprimanded a woman for wearing a tiny miniskirt that showed too much skin. And it seems everyone's talking lately about the flight attendant who made a dramatic exit on a Jet Blue flight and the frustrated flyer who slapped a baby.

We want to hear your personal take on this issue. Should airlines restrict what passengers can or can't wear on flights? Should there be different rules for men and women? What kinds of outfits or bizarre behaviors have caught your attention at airports?

Share your thoughts in the comments field below, but please try to stay respectful. We look forward to joining in the conversation and watching it unfold.



The Dude kinda looks like Bill Kristol of Fox news.


 
Didn't you mean 'dudette'?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 10:13
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar

Joined: February/12/2008
Location: Ky
Status: Offline
Points: 16065
You'd be suprised what people wear to airports, and it aint pretty.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 15:00
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar

Joined: January/07/2009
Location: Benton, Pa
Status: Offline
Points: 4673
Is that a camo top,I guess he doesn't want to be seen in the woods?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 22:15
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
Avatar

Joined: January/30/2010
Location: Bettendorf, Iow
Status: Offline
Points: 544
so whats wrong with his outfit anyway?  was his thong whale tailing?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 05:23
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Avatar
Lord Of The Flies

Joined: March/14/2007
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 5751
So I bet he was a tailgunner during the WW2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Similar Threads: "Whats NOT OK to wear on a plane"
Subject Author Forum Replies Last Post
OK, Let’s pretend I’m NOT a kazillionaire Windage & Eleva Laser Rangefinders 13 9/14/2006 1:01:35 AM
TPS, whats up with them not GunUp Tactical Scopes 5 10/5/2007 8:36:41 PM
1st Focal Plane versus 2nd Focal Plane tpcollins Tactical Scopes 34
1st plane vs. 2nd plane reticles McKinneyMike Rifle Scopes 5
1st plane vs. 2nd plane reticles tbone1 Rifle Scopes 8 1/24/2007 9:25:45 PM
Shockwave - Wear ear protection! 8shots Firearms 5
Raven Wear vs. Arctic Shield Stud Duck General Hunting 2
Grandslam dial numbers worn of? mhop Rifle Scopes 5
Not my best, not my worst. helo18 The Range Report 7
Scopes: not too big, not too small, just right koshkin Rifle Scopes 23


This page was generated in 0.547 seconds.