|Check GunBroker.com for SWFA's No Reserve and No Minimum bid firearm auctions.|
Scope info crazed, need guidence.
|Post Reply Topic Search Topic Options|
I'm new to your forums and to hunting with optics on a handgun. I have just purchased a new Encore in 44 Mag with the 12 inch barrel both in stainless. I hope to recieve the guidence that I need, from those of you who possess said knowledge. Here goes and please excuse the questions as I know you may have touched on them before.
1) I have no idea what the red dot or holographic sights are capable of as far as distance, light level(bright sun or dusk conditions?
2) I have been advised to look at the Bushnell Trophy 2x6x32, has anyone used this scope and how has it worked for you?
3) I need to know what base and rings are the most solid that there is.
I will be using a set of high mounts due to the fact that I have catcher mitt size hands. I wear a size 18.5 ring.
4) I have been shooting handguns all my life ( Father was a police officer) Just sold a naked S&W 686 6" so I do know that distance questions are relevant to shooters ability, but(iyho)what is the max distance for the 44, 75 yards,100yrds? I wouldn't have tried a shot over 50 yrds with the 357.
5) I will be handloading, so if you have a fav. balistic combo and would be willing to share I would be very grateful for any info.
I'm sorry to ask so many questions but I do try my best to be prepared for a good hunting experience. Thanks ahead of time.
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?
Location: Michigan, USA
I can answer a few of your questions.
Your gun is easily capable of 100 yd accuracy and cleanly taking medium game like deer at that range.
I have fixed and variable scopes on handguns. I also have an Aimpoint red dot and would not recommend that type of site for hunting in low light at 100 yds. I don't know about the Trophy but the magnification range is good to go. I have a Leo 2x on a .44 Redhawk and it works fine at 100 yds and I have taken deer in the late evening with it.
I will look later for my favorite .44 loads but I have had my best luck with near max loads of Blue Dot and various 240 grain bullets. I have tried H110 and IMR 4227 with lesser results.
Welcome to O.T.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|Similar Threads: "Scope info crazed, need guidence."|
|need info in swift ranger spotting scope||arlyst||Spotting Scopes||0|
|Smallbore scope info needed||sgt_gold||Rimfire / Airgun||5|
|Scope info needed||sirgarreth||Rifle Scopes||2|
|Do I really need a spoting scope.||porkchop401||Binoculars||6|
|Chronograph info/suggestions needed||sucker76||Reloading & Ballistics||11|
|New 20" AR Build - Need Scope||squee116||Tactical Scopes||9|
|New to shooting need a scope||gardenhose||Rifle Scopes||29|
|Need info on Swaro turrets||Fotis||Rifle Scopes||7|
|antique scope info||Honkules||Rifle Scopes||1|
|Blaser CISM info needed||LimeyPete||Firearms||5|