Print Page | Close Window

barlow lens for microscope as teleconverter

Printed From: OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc.
Category: Photography
Forum Name: Cameras, Equipment and Settings
Forum Description: What it Takes to Make the Shot
Printed Date: November/30/2022 at 10:27
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 -

Topic: barlow lens for microscope as teleconverter
Posted By: Christopher01
Subject: barlow lens for microscope as teleconverter
Date Posted: March/29/2022 at 02:35
Hello all,
I'm a newbie to this forum from Belgium, Europe, and I have a question.
Did someone ever try to put a Barlow lens of a microscope on a lens (telephoto) to use it as a teleconverter?
I noticed that the front mount teleconverters are referred to as 'Barlow' lenses, and I was wondering: is it possible to do the same with a barlow lens for microscopes?
They seem to have a screw thread of 48mm so maybe this could be fitted with a ring adapter on a lens?
The purpose is to double or triple or even more, the focal length of a telephoto lens in a cheap way.
Any ideas/thoughts on that? People who has a good knowledge of optics?
All the best,

Posted By: Scrumbag
Date Posted: March/29/2022 at 02:58
Hi Christopher,

Sorry I can't help with your question directly but welcome to the forum from over the channel in London!


Was sure I had a point when I started this post...

Posted By: Christopher01
Date Posted: March/29/2022 at 04:32
Likewise! Greetings from Belgium! Howdy

Posted By: Christopher01
Date Posted: March/29/2022 at 04:40
It is also more like an experimental thing actually. I notice that front mount teleconverters, have no light loss, contrary to back mount teleconverters, which I have btw.
But it would also be interesting to create a far telephoto lens without a large extension tube for instance.
And cheap, that is also the point here.Big Grin

Posted By: Christopher01
Date Posted: April/12/2022 at 02:32
I have found a Barlow lens x3  with a T2 mount (I believe, if this equals M42 x0.75 mm).
I was wondering: is there some kind of ring adapter to put this on a filter mount of a camera? For instance, one of 77mm? I'm not sure this would give me the desired result, but it would be interesting to try this out. Any suggestions?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 -
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. -