Print Page | Close Window

Ok how about 25.06 for very large sasquatchs?

Printed From: OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc.
Category: Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors
Forum Name: General Hunting
Forum Description: Techniques, tips, stories, general discussion, etc.
URL: http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36378
Printed Date: November/13/2018 at 20:49


Topic: Ok how about 25.06 for very large sasquatchs?
Posted By: Obi Wan Kenobi
Subject: Ok how about 25.06 for very large sasquatchs?
Date Posted: April/01/2013 at 21:16
 Can someone enlighten me. I don't own a 25.06 but I've heard great things about the calibur. I've heard of the 25.06 taking everything from havelinas up to mule deer.
 
I've never heard of anyone hunting bears, black or brown with a 25.06. How likely is that?
 
The reason I'm asking is because this is going somewhere. I want to see if someone is lying about a particular incident. I just want to see the responses from you guys first. Smile



Replies:
Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/01/2013 at 21:20
I could see it being used for black bear just fine. For grizzly maybe not.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Kickboxer
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 06:10
Certainly a bear can be killed with a .25-06... they have been killed with .22LR... and don't forget, at one time humans did not have guns, only stone knives, rocks, spears with and without stone heads... 
as with most things, shot placement is critical.  I would not go hunting bear (under normal circumstances) with a .25-06, but would not hesitate to shoot one with it at need...


-------------
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living


Posted By: mike650
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 06:26
It wouldn't be my first choice (or second or third or...) to use for bear in NA.

-------------
Fish to Live, Live to Hunt


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 08:51
True, shot placement is key there is no replacement for it. As for type of bear most black bears shot in the lower 48 are less than 150 pounds.

Going north and west is a bit different. More "gun" seems to be the most common response for the "tourist" hunters as said by Alaskan guides. I would guess the "lowly" 30.06 has killed more dangerous game than most every thing else combined and still the most used by residents. The 25.06 being a necked down 30.06 most likely not a whole lot of them in Alaska, British Columbia, etc.

Would I use one for a black bear in say, the big horns in Wyoming where a very large black bear is 150 pounds... sure. It is more of flat shooting cartridge better suited for open plains deer and such but, as a do all western lower 48 cartridge it is a decent choice.

A safe bet that there are plenty of them out there for almost all north American game.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: mike650
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 09:07
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

-------------
Fish to Live, Live to Hunt


Posted By: 300S&W
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 09:21
 
 A .25-06 accurately shooting a 115gr Partition at 3200fps is a penatrating combo.  Under the right conditions I'd not be afraid to use it on any bear. 


-------------
"I ain't got time to bleed!"


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 09:24
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz


I know, it puts me to sleep too, someone telling some else what to do, shoot, and to buy yadda yadda. ;)

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: 300S&W
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 09:30
 
  But I like spending other peoples money.   Sad


-------------
"I ain't got time to bleed!"


Posted By: mike650
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 09:38
Ha-ha

I don't doubt the 25.06 capabities and that it could kill a bear. Hunting I don't always get those right conditions and don't want to risk being slightly off on my shot hunting something that could kill or eat a part of me if i wound it. That's the reason why I say it wouldn't be one of my top choices, neither would a .270, etc.

-------------
Fish to Live, Live to Hunt


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 09:57
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Ha-ha

I don't doubt the 25.06 capabities and that it could kill a bear. Hunting I don't always get those right conditions and don't want to risk being slightly off on my shot hunting something that could kill or eat a part of me if i wound it. That's the reason why I say it wouldn't be one of my top choices, neither would a .270, etc.


I agree, I would buy neither. I will stick to my .308 and call it good. I am also perfectly comfortable letting people make their own choices taking their own risks and believing what they want. Far be it for me to tell someone I do not even know what to buy, shoot, and use.

Like here in SD we have seat belt laws and they are pushing for helmet laws... we were just fine for many years without such things.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 10:15
Another thing, in the past most sportsmen had one big game rifle and today the vast majority of sportsmen can afford only one big game rifle most I know are in this boat. I loan my rifles out all the time to those who can't afford 40 rifles - something for every shooting application and 1-2 and 3 thousand dollar euro scopes on top of them.

All the sudden past practices are obsolete??

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Glock
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 11:24
Would also depend on what ammo you would shoot in said 25.06 as well. I wouldn't want to risk a shot on a bear unless I was using a premium bullet. If you are in a situation where you don't have anything else and the bear is trying to eat you, I would use it. But there are so many better calibres out there for dangerous animals, why not use one of them.

150 pounds is around 75 kilograms I always thought they where much bigger than that, that's around the weight of a Impala male. What will a grizzly weigh?

-------------
Regards Chris


Posted By: Bitterroot Bulls
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 11:30
Glock,

Black bears vary in weight, of course.

Adult boars in MT seem to run from around 200 to 300 pounds. Some go larger.

From what I gather about the far Northeast US, 400+ pounders aren't entirely uncommon.

Adult grizzly boars in MT go from 500 to 800 pounds. They are big.

-------------
-Matt


Posted By: Glock
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 11:59
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Glock,

Black bears vary in weight, of course.

Adult boars in MT seem to run from around 200 to 300 pounds. Some go larger.

From what I gather about the far Northeast US, 400+ pounders aren't entirely uncommon.

Adult grizzly boars in MT go from 500 to 800 pounds. They are big.


Thanks Bitterroot

Still even a 300 pound killing machine, I would definately want more gun then a 25.06. You could make an easy first shot kill, or spend the rest of the hunt washing out your underware if you make a bad one.

Just looked at some photos of Grizzlies, man thats scary. 400kg is around the weight of a massive Kudu Bull, and they dont have massive teeth or claws.

Do you guys eat said bear or is it purely for the trophy?

-------------
Regards Chris


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 12:14
The more northwest you go in north america generally the bears are larger and especially on coastal areas - both black and brown. Obviously there no bears in SD but, a couple hours away from here in the big horns of WY there are bears - just black bears though.

They are much smaller than the ones in bitterroot's part of the country its not uncommon for the mule deer to be double the weight of the bears in north central WY.

Most African plains game is classified "thicker skinned" than what we have over here.

Most black bears I have seen in the big horns are around the size of German Shepard - around 70-90 pounds give or take.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Glock
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 12:20
What state is SD, and do you guys eat said bear or is it purely for the trophy?

-------------
Regards Chris


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 12:36
Originally posted by Glock Glock wrote:

What state is SD, and do you guys eat said bear or is it purely for the trophy?


South Dakota - zero dangerous game nor trophy's of anything in this state. I know of some people who eat bear and mountain lion.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Bitterroot Bulls
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 15:51
Black bear is delicious, but it can carry Trichinosis, so it must be cooked or cured thoroughly. Black bears are not vicious killing machines, and neither are grizzly bears for that matter, but griz can be quite dangerous. Both are omnivorous, with the bulk of their diet being vegetation.

The majority of bear attacks are bears surprised or sows with cubs. Bears of any type hunting humans is exceedingly rare, but it has happened, and even recently.

A 90 pound black bear anywhere is not an adult.

According to Wyoming Fish and Game's Black Bear Management plan, boars average 248 pounds and sows average 160 pounds.

I would be quite comfortable hunting black bear with a 25-06 and an Accubond or Barnes TSX. However, on my Idaho bear hunt next month, I will be taking my Savage 7RM, as I have taken a liking to it.

-------------
-Matt


Posted By: Glock
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 16:13
Originally posted by rustic rustic wrote:

Originally posted by Glock Glock wrote:

What state is SD, and do you guys eat said bear or is it purely for the trophy?


South Dakota - zero dangerous game nor trophy's of anything in this state. I know of some people who eat bear and mountain lion.


Bear would be on my list of meats I wouldn't want to eat unless I was about to die, along with Elephant, Rhino and all the Cats.
I guess if you are hungry enough you will eat anything though, now if you really want some nice meat try Hippo.

I find it unusual that the States seem to have so much power concerning Laws and such and not the Goverment, a State makes a law and the rest of the people just have to obey it if they cross state lines. Must make for a lot of Homework when you decide to go out of state on a hunting trip.

Here in SA its the Goverment that makes the rules, so it doesn't matter where you go its the same. The provinces all have their own Fauna and Flora branches, so if you go hunting in the Cape and you need a permit for something. You would have to get it there, but that is not a big deal the land owner can get it for you.

-------------
Regards Chris


Posted By: 300S&W
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 16:18
 
 I've found that the flavor of bear meat,more than any other wild game I've tried, is really affected by what they've been eating on.  Had one we took in Ontario that fed strictly at a fish dump. Fresh tenderloin at camp was fine but it seems after the meat had been frozen the flavor went south. Dogs wouldn't touch it.  I'm figuring carrion fed bear may not taste all that well?  Best flavored bear meat I've had was from ones eating mast and berries.  In fact I'll say it's my favorite meat out of any game I've eaten. 


-------------
"I ain't got time to bleed!"


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 16:22
Originally posted by Glock Glock wrote:

Originally posted by rustic rustic wrote:

Originally posted by Glock Glock wrote:

What state is SD, and do you guys eat said bear or is it purely for the trophy?


South Dakota - zero dangerous game nor trophy's of anything in this state. I know of some people who eat bear and mountain lion.


Bear would be on my list of meats I wouldn't want to eat unless I was about to die, along with Elephant, Rhino and all the Cats.
I guess if you are hungry enough you will eat anything though, now if you really want some nice meat try Hippo.

I find it unusual that the States seem to have so much power concerning Laws and such and not the Goverment, a State makes a law and the rest of the people just have to obey it if they cross state lines. Must make for a lot of Homework when you decide to go out of state on a hunting trip.

Here in SA its the Goverment that makes the rules, so it doesn't matter where you go its the same. The provinces all have their own Fauna and Flora branches, so if you go hunting in the Cape and you need a permit for something. You would have to get it there, but that is not a big deal the land owner can get it for you.


The 10th amendment is supposed to give the states sovereignty on most issues. Unfortunately the federal government is trampling all over the tenth.

They say bear tastes like pork(same family) I have heard the same about mountain lion.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: RifleDude
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 16:27
I wouldn't cancel a bear hunting trip if all I had in the arsenal was a .25-06. Bullet selection, as always is what's important (right behind shot placement). Pick a stout, controlled expansion bullet that stays together and retains a good % of its original mass after impact, which will ensure it penetrates through the vitals, and you're good to go. Put said bullet in the right spot. Don't take marginal shots.



-------------
Ted


Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 16:54
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Black bear is delicious, but it can carry Trichinosis, so it must be cooked or cured thoroughly. Black bears are not vicious killing machines, and neither are grizzly bears for that matter, but griz can be quite dangerous. Both are omnivorous, with the bulk of their diet being vegetation.

The majority of bear attacks are bears surprised or sows with cubs. Bears of any type hunting humans is exceedingly rare, but it has happened, and even recently.

A 90 pound black bear anywhere is not an adult.

According to Wyoming Fish and Game's Black Bear Management plan, boars average 248 pounds and sows average 160 pounds.

I would be quite comfortable hunting black bear with a 25-06 and an Accubond or Barnes TSX. However, on my Idaho bear hunt next month, I will be taking my Savage 7RM, as I have taken a liking to it.


I was over by Sheridan WY last Sept talking to a game warden he said the largest black bear taken he saw up to that point in the season was around 90 pounds. I think the black bears in western WY average larger than the average in the big horn area. I have been hiking in the big horns for several years the largest I have seen is the size of an average sized German Shepard. The black bears I have seen in the Cody WY area have been noticeably larger.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Bitterroot Bulls
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 17:27
Alright Rusty,

Believe what you want, based on your anecdotal evidence, and a game warden speaking in hyperbole. Ignore the Wyoming F&G study (which included the Bighorns), and claim bears and swine are of the same family.

I am trying to give Glock actual facts about bears, because he seems pretty interested.

BTW,

Taxonomically, black bears are of the family Ursidae, while swine are of the family Suidae.

-------------
-Matt


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 17:31
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Alright Rusty,

Believe what you want, based on your anecdotal evidence, and a game warden speaking in hyperbole. Ignore the Wyoming F&G study (which included the Bighorns), and claim bears and swine are of the same family.

I am trying to give Glock actual facts about bears, because he seems pretty interested.

BTW,

Taxonomically, black bears are of the family Ursidae, while swine are of the family Suidae.


Sorry, I should have and meant to say closer in diet and behavior... my bad.

As far as black bears in the big horns. Yes, my bear spottings are far from scientific just observations in the cloud peak wilderness. I guess, that game warden could have been lying I had no reason suspect so. Cloud peak wilderness... NOT an haven for monster black bears or even large ones quite the opposite. ;)

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Bitterroot Bulls
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 17:48
Obi Wan Kenobi,

Sorry about the threadjack.

Are you going to fill us in on the story you're verifying?

-------------
-Matt


Posted By: 300S&W
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 17:56
 
    +1
 
    Seeing it's my 2nd favorite cartridge and I'm always in for a good story.


-------------
"I ain't got time to bleed!"


Posted By: Glock
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 18:06
I'm also interested to hear why he is asking.

300S&W its true what you say about their diet, I can imagine one that has only been eating berrys and such will taste much better. Do you shoot males or females?

-------------
Regards Chris


Posted By: 300S&W
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 18:34
 
  In WV the guys I've always dog hunted with have always tried to take a larger male.  Within the past 10yrs or so though the bear population has exploded. That,along with the coyotes,has severly affected our deer population. Now it's any legal bear. 100lbs min and w/o cubs.  I've never taken one without dogs but the past two seasons I've been trying to change that.  Tough to do when competeing with the hounds though.


-------------
"I ain't got time to bleed!"


Posted By: coyote95
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 18:55
http://www.mlive.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2009/02/bear_shot_by_local_handgun_hun.html - http://www.mlive.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2009/02/bear_shot_by_local_handgun_hun.html  
I  think the 25-06 loaded properly would work just fine for the black bear. Ted hit it spot on with shot placement being the key...  You either hunt over bait or have dogs run them down and the shot is going to be reasonably close either way. 
  


-------------
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein


Posted By: Obi Wan Kenobi
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 19:53
Don't laugh guys. I was channel surfing Sunday night when I saw a guy sitting in his house with several impressive deer mounts talking. I thought it a show about hunting or something. It was on the channel destination america which has some interesting programs to watch.
 
Anyway the guy starts talking about he & a buddy of his went hunting in Washington State & that he was a life long hunter ect ect. Anywas to make a long story short the guy said on the show he and a friend were doing some deer & bear hunting that day. About an hour before official sunset  he & his buddy were driving down a dirt road and all of a sudden a giant creature about 7 to 8 feet tall covered in hair weighing about 600lbs steps into an open field just off the road. His friend slammed on the brakes in total shock not knowing what they were looking at. Now on the show I believe he said this creature was 150 yards from them, he cranked his scope up to 16x & he said he made sure is was NOT a bear because it was standing on 2 legs, after looking again with his naked eye he looked through the scope again & said the it wasn't a man in a suit, it was a creature covered with hair & pure muscle. He claimed that his friend who was driving told him NOT to shoot because he thought it was someone in a suit, but he said nobody would believe what they were seeing, so he looked back through his scope & squeezed off a round from his 25.06. He said the "bigfoot" went straight down. It wallowed in the field trying to get up but couldn't. Then all of a sudden out of the tree line 2 more juvenile sasquachs he claimed were cinnamon brown in color stood there confused over the bigger creature that was shot. The bigger one finally manage to make it back to the tree line & the 2 smaller ones followed it.
 
He then claims that he and his freind drove the truck up to the tree line got out and went in to track the larger "bigfoot". While following a blood trail he said he came across 1 of the juveniles, waited for a few moments, became frightened because it was standing there about 20 yards from him just staring & he said he shot this one directly in the neck. He walked over & became terrified because he could see this creature had human like features & he didn't know what in the hell he had just shot. He claims that his buddy came over & they were both horrified because this thing was human but not human. So they buried it & didn't tell anyone until now. 
 
This is the reason I was asking about the 25.06. I think this guy is full of BS because Ive never heard anyone hunting bears with that load. The more and more I hear his story, these guys sound like 2 poachers who shot and wounded a sow with her cubs.
 
His name is Justin Smeja, he's caused a fire storm because he came forward identify himself as the hunter who killed a bigfoot. He's also pissed a lot of people and made hunters & gun owners look bad for killing something that was obviously no threat to him.
 
I'm just brining this up because it was on tv Sunday night & its been a firestorm about it on you tube and the internet apparently. After seeing and hearing him on you tube his story seems inconsistent with what I saw Sunday night.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP0cl5l2WWI - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP0cl5l2WWI
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZQynrIG6E - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZQynrIG6E
 
 


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 20:09
Ya, I saw that show the other night its called monsters and mysteries in america on destination HD.
There seems to be all sorts of clowns think'n there is such a thing as bigfoots, yeti's and sasquatch.

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Kickboxer
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 20:18
I hunt most everything with .458...  25-06 is probably good for escargot

-------------
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living


Posted By: 3_tens
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 20:48
With the .458 that is about all that is left of anything shot. Eek

-------------
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.


Posted By: rustic
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 20:59
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF91tolwLu4 - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF91tolwLu4

-------------
Light is alright.<br /><br />The end is just... the beginning   -soul surfer


Posted By: Bitterroot Bulls
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 21:12
Using a 25-06 for black bear isn't what makes him crazy.

-------------
-Matt


Posted By: Kickboxer
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 21:23
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

With the .458 that is about all that is left of anything shot. Eek




-------------
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living


Posted By: 3_tens
Date Posted: April/02/2013 at 21:32
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/38501/giant-african-snails-invade-miami/ - http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/38501/giant-african-snails-invade-miami/
HEADLINES JUST IN
KB heading to save Florida.


-------------
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.


Posted By: Glock
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 02:28
Did they say at the end off the show, that his Mother was his Sister and his Father was his Grandfather? What a Dumbass

-------------
Regards Chris


Posted By: 300S&W
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 08:48
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Using a 25-06 for black bear isn't what makes him crazy.
 
 
 That says it all right there.


-------------
"I ain't got time to bleed!"


Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 09:11
GrenadeAlways a good response - I dont know what it is - quick shoot it lets see what it is - crap its only wounded lets stalk it into the woods - o boy there is a baby one lets shoot it too - uh oh I think we shot something we werent supposed to. 
 
KNOW YOUR TARGET.  If you are not sure of your target DONT SHOOT. 
As likely as not this idiot probably shot  some hunter in a Gille Suit not some mythical creature.  
While self defense from any living creature is reasonable its a bit hard to claim at 150 yds.
 


-------------

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger


Posted By: Peddler
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 15:53
Originally posted by Glock Glock wrote:

Did they say at the end off the show, that his Mother was his Sister and his Father was his Grandfather? What a Dumbass


No it was uncle Dad and cousin Mom !!!

Peddler Loco Loco Loco


-------------
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.


Posted By: Steelbenz
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 16:54
Okay I'll pipe in...  I have tried to eat bear meat 3 times.  Nastiest stuff I've ever put in my mouth.  I've  ate mystery meat on a stick on a backstreet in the PI that tasted better.  If Yogi ain't messin' with me, he's safe.   Roll on Floor Laughing

-------------
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"


Posted By: Kickboxer
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 17:34
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Okay I'll pipe in...  I have tried to eat bear meat 3 times.  Nastiest stuff I've ever put in my mouth.  I've  ate mystery meat on a stick on a backstreet in the PI that tasted better.  If Yogi ain't messin' with me, he's safe.   Roll on Floor Laughing

Pretty much the way I look at it... no desire to bear hunt, as long as they are not hunting me...
Cape buffalo is another story...

And giant African snails... Yea, I'll hunt those...


-------------
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living


Posted By: Peddler
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 17:57
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:


Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Okay I'll pipe in...  I have tried to eat bear meat 3 times.  Nastiest stuff I've ever put in my mouth.  I've  ate mystery meat on a stick on a backstreet in the PI that tasted better.  If Yogi ain't messin' with me, he's safe.   Roll on Floor Laughing



Pretty much the way I look at it... no desire to bear hunt, as long as they are not hunting me...
Cape buffalo is another story...

And giant African snails... Yea, I'll hunt those...


I will drink to that

Peddler



-------------
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.


Posted By: Glock
Date Posted: April/03/2013 at 23:36
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:


Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Okay I'll pipe in...  I have tried to eat bear meat 3 times.  Nastiest stuff I've ever put in my mouth.  I've  ate mystery meat on a stick on a backstreet in the PI that tasted better.  If Yogi ain't messin' with me, he's safe.   Roll on Floor Laughing



Pretty much the way I look at it... no desire to bear hunt, as long as they are not hunting me...
Cape buffalo is another story...

And giant African snails... Yea, I'll hunt those...


My wish to KB but you can have the meat, tastes ok but very stringy. Meat wise in Africa, Eland and Hippopotamis are my favourites that I've eating so far. My Brother ete Elephant and he reckons that's the worst. But everything depends on which part of ther country you are in, Impala from Natal taste much better than Impala from the Limpopo.


-------------
Regards Chris


Posted By: Bitterroot Bulls
Date Posted: April/04/2013 at 08:24
I don't know what bears you guys are eating, but the bear I have had is very good, an makes great sausage.
 
Couldn't say how Sasquatch tastes.


-------------
-Matt


Posted By: mike650
Date Posted: April/04/2013 at 10:05
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

I don't know what bears you guys are eating, but the bear I have had is very good, an makes great sausage.
 

Couldn't say how Sasquatch tastes.


+1



-------------
Fish to Live, Live to Hunt


Posted By: 300S&W
Date Posted: April/04/2013 at 10:08
 
  No doubt.  Wife took a pic of a platter of breaded and fried bear tenderloin we had not long ago.  I'll get her to find it for me. 
 
 
 
 As far how a Sasquatch might taste?   Whistling
 

http://beefjerkyrecipes.com/news/jerky-news/sasquatch-jerky/ - Sasquatch Jerky

http://www.jerky.com/product/JCB022.html">jerkycom sasquatch jerky Sasquatch Jerky

New to the Jerky.com lineup is an exclusive jerky unlike anything anyone has ever seen or tasted. Made from 100% Sasquatch meat! http://www.jerky.com/product/JCB022.html - Sasquatch Jerky is American grown, packaged, and manufactured..this snack is an instant classic as well as a cult-following shocker to those who didn’t think that Sasquatches existed. Recent discoveries have proven otherwise.

Made from whole muscle meat that has passed countless inspection and consumption laboratory tests…Sasquatch Jerky is deemed perfectly safe in case you were wondering.

Just as unique as the meat itself however is the recipe that is getting rave reviews. A little bit of brown sugar, soy sauce, and natural blend of special spices gives this jerky a sweet/natural flavor that is out of this world.

Be one of the first to get a taste of history or at least take a peek at a meat snack that is only available in very limited quantities. This stuff makes a great gift, a collectors item, and a delicious snack food.

Because you are a valued reader of BeefJerkyRecipes.com, here is an exclusive coupon code for 10% Off any order of Sasquatch Jerky. Use coupon code ‘BIGFOOT’ during the checkout to redeem your discount. icon smile Sasquatch Jerky Hurry while supplies last.



-------------
"I ain't got time to bleed!"


Posted By: Peddler
Date Posted: April/04/2013 at 14:05
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

 
  No doubt.  Wife took a pic of a platter of breaded and fried bear tenderloin we had not long ago.  I'll get her to find it for me. 
 
 
 
 As far how a Sasquatch might taste?   Whistling
 

http://beefjerkyrecipes.com/news/jerky-news/sasquatch-jerky/ -

http://www.jerky.com/product/JCB022.html">jerkycom sasquatch jerky Sasquatch Jerky

New to the Jerky.com lineup is an exclusive jerky unlike anything anyone has ever seen or tasted. Made from 100% Sasquatch meat! http://www.jerky.com/product/JCB022.html - Hurry while supplies last.



Now that's funny !!!

Peddler BuckyBuckyBucky


-------------
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.



Print Page | Close Window