This is only a few opening statements. I will get some pictures and a more detailed review up later this week when I get my computer at the house back going.
- Clear sight picture, edge to edge clarity was good on all powers.
- Reticle was usable and not as "cluttered" as some would expect.
- Turret system, By far one of my favorite designs.
- Extremly sensitive eye relief. (the one reason I will not recommend these)
- Size to weight ration. to be a short little scope it sure did have some bulk
- Mounting restrictions, not much to work with
All in all its not a bad scope but its not a good scope because of its critical eye relief and mounting issues. If I keep it I will have to get a base and rings vs. the talley lightweight alluminums that i currently use. That said follow up shots on targets using the EBX reticle was great. I could see misses and use the reticle for holdovers for correct followup shots.
One of the big questions a few had was if this was better than the vortex viper, IMHO no. And a resounding no at that. Comparable the viper has clearer glass and better design. Only think the Nitrex wins on IMO is the turret design and even that is personal preferance because my dad didn't care for them at all.
here is the review of the Viper - http://www.opticstalk.com/topic26027_post366186.html#366186
More to come
Edited by SVT_Tactical - November/08/2010 at 10:25