New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hammers 3-9 x32 rifle scope
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Check GunBroker.com for SWFA's No Reserve and No Minimum bid firearm auctions.

Hammers 3-9 x32 rifle scope

 Post Reply Post Reply   Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:21
basshammer5x4x3x2x View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper


Joined: June/25/2015
Status: Offline
Points: 2
I've read too many reviews about shooters that will only endorse high dollar scopes and every post is about the fact that Leuy's and Swartchy's is the answer and every other manufacturer makes junk and the optics is what you are buying, I'm like the rest of you served my time in Vietman, I've leterally owned hundreds of rifles and have hand loaded tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. What got me interested in this forum was the question about Hammers rifle scopes everyone posted that they were junk, I wish you could see with your own eyes the groups I'm shooting with a Hammers 3-9 x 32 rifle scope, I wish you could see and compare the quality and craftsmanship of these scopes, This scope is built like a tank, The adjustments are so fine that you can literally move your point of impact a 64 of an inch at 250 yards and the optics are so fine that you can see and count the mustache hairs of a mouses nose at 250 yards, My Luey Scope is a 4-12 x 40 mounted on a Ruger No 1, 6mm we shoot ground hogs in a sheep pasture, From where we shoot it's 450 yards to the west and 350 yards to the east and to the north there is a hill 200 yards long x 60 feet high 150 yards right in front of us, we play call shot, for a dollar a shot. I shot a Ground hog with my Remington 700 ADL .243 caliber with the Hammers 3-9 x 32 scope, @ 457 measured yards I called the shot on the nose when 5 of us examined the the shot i got part of the nose and the upper jaw, This did not amaze any of us what got everyone was this shot was made through the forks of a hay rake that was setting 200 yards out directly in front of the only shot i could take, This was not an accident, the optics on this scope are perfect and all of the adjustments are perfect, Two of the other guy's have replaced their Luey's with Hammers scopes and my 6 mm Ruger no 1 now has a Hammers Tactical 4-12 x 40 scope on it and @ 500 yards I can group 10 shots in a dime, I put the $400 dollar Luey on My Benjamin .22  pellet rifle and after 5 shots the guts were ripped out of it, I bought another Hammers 3-9 32AO and I can group 10 shots in a quarter @ 50 yards and after 500 shots I have not had to make any adjustments, The pellet rifle fell 5 feet off the front porch and landed on the side of the scope on a small pile of rocks, I was pissed because I was thinking here we go again, There is a dent in the tube and it never lost POI. Use what you want but know this your spending way too much for your optics, For the price of one Lewy all 5 of us have now changed our scopes to Hammers on 9 rifles and not one of us are dissatisfied with the decision, My buddy Jeff just got back from Montana, He shoots a $3000.00 Custom Ruger bolt action rifle in 6 mm, He's using a 4-12 X 56 MM Hammers scope, He shot Prairie Dogs @ 400 to almost 800 yards and he swore to all of us that he never missed a head shot. I'm not going to argue with you die hards about this and after i post this I'm cancelling Opticstalk, "You know some people have more money than sense". And "some of us have more skill than money"....... And "some people don't make any sense at all" !!!!!! Loco Whacko Excellent
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:39
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar

Joined: July/04/2012
Location: Oswego,NY
Status: Offline
Points: 9032
👀    
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:39
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar
Superstool

Joined: January/03/2008
Location: Utah
Status: Offline
Points: 9511
BS FlagTroll

Hopefully this topic will just get deleted. 
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:40
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar

Joined: July/04/2012
Location: Oswego,NY
Status: Offline
Points: 9032
Indeed!
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 11:05
silvrjeepr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Avatar

Joined: January/04/2013
Location: Tennessee
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Well I'm very impressed that you can put 10 shots into a dime at 500 yards. I suggest you enter some shooting competitions as you should do very well. I'm not familiar with Leuy's or Lewy's, but if the scope on your pellet gun was a leupold, then I'll be more than happy to take if off your hands in whatever condition it happens to be in. I'll hang on to my Conquests and HD5's for now since they're already paid for and seem to work well for my eyes. Glad to hear you found a scope that works well for you.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 11:24
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Avatar

Joined: January/08/2007
Location: Oklahoma
Status: Online
Points: 7178
You are absolutely correct with this statement.  " And "some people don't make any sense at all" !!!!!! Loco Whacko Excellent"
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:11
Kickboxer View Drop Down
MODERATOR
MODERATOR
Avatar
Moderator

Joined: February/13/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 18331

Originally posted by basshammer5x4x3x2x basshammer5x4x3x2x wrote:

I've read too many reviews about shooters that will only endorse high dollar scopes and every post is about the fact that Leuy's and Swartchy's is the answer and every other manufacturer makes junk and the optics is what you are buying, I'm like the rest of you served my time in Vietman, I've leterally owned hundreds of rifles and have hand loaded tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. What got me interested in this forum was the question about Hammers rifle scopes everyone posted that they were junk, I wish you could see with your own eyes the groups I'm shooting with a Hammers 3-9 x 32 rifle scope, I wish you could see and compare the quality and craftsmanship of these scopes, This scope is built like a tank, The adjustments are so fine that you can literally move your point of impact a 64 of an inch at 250 yards and the optics are so fine that you can see and count the mustache hairs of a mouses nose at 250 yards, My Luey Scope is a 4-12 x 40 mounted on a Ruger No 1, 6mm we shoot ground hogs in a sheep pasture, From where we shoot it's 450 yards to the west and 350 yards to the east and to the north there is a hill 200 yards long x 60 feet high 150 yards right in front of us, we play call shot, for a dollar a shot. I shot a Ground hog with my Remington 700 ADL .243 caliber with the Hammers 3-9 x 32 scope, @ 457 measured yards I called the shot on the nose when 5 of us examined the the shot i got part of the nose and the upper jaw, This did not amaze any of us what got everyone was this shot was made through the forks of a hay rake that was setting 200 yards out directly in front of the only shot i could take, This was not an accident, the optics on this scope are perfect and all of the adjustments are perfect, Two of the other guy's have replaced their Luey's with Hammers scopes and my 6 mm Ruger no 1 now has a Hammers Tactical 4-12 x 40 scope on it and @ 500 yards I can group 10 shots in a dime, I put the $400 dollar Luey on My Benjamin .22  pellet rifle and after 5 shots the guts were ripped out of it, I bought another Hammers 3-9 32AO and I can group 10 shots in a quarter @ 50 yards and after 500 shots I have not had to make any adjustments, The pellet rifle fell 5 feet off the front porch and landed on the side of the scope on a small pile of rocks, I was pissed because I was thinking here we go again, There is a dent in the tube and it never lost POI. Use what you want but know this your spending way too much for your optics, For the price of one Lewy all 5 of us have now changed our scopes to Hammers on 9 rifles and not one of us are dissatisfied with the decision, My buddy Jeff just got back from Montana, He shoots a $3000.00 Custom Ruger bolt action rifle in 6 mm, He's using a 4-12 X 56 MM Hammers scope, He shot Prairie Dogs @ 400 to almost 800 yards and he swore to all of us that he never missed a head shot. I'm not going to argue with you die hards about this and after i post this I'm cancelling Opticstalk, "You know some people have more money than sense". And "some of us have more skill than money"....... And "some people don't make any sense at all" !!!!!! Loco Whacko Excellent


Being the polite person that I am, I will simply say "you, sir, are full of "hogwash"."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:24
cheaptrick View Drop Down
MODERATOR
MODERATOR
Avatar

Joined: September/27/2004
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Points: 20468



"Mr President....Sir...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Sir...but....basshammer is cancelling his Optics Talk!"
"Yes Sir...I feel we should move immediately to DEFCON 1!"  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:33
SEMO Shooter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Avatar

Joined: January/06/2013
Location: SE Missouri
Status: Offline
Points: 125
Wow.  If a scope has fine enough turret adjustments to make a 1/64" correction at 250 yards, it would need to have 1/160" or .00625" clicks at 100 yards.  That is really fine adjustment!
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:56
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Avatar

Joined: October/31/2009
Location: Oklahoma
Status: Offline
Points: 1721



I call BS.






(It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.)
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:03
cheaptrick View Drop Down
MODERATOR
MODERATOR
Avatar

Joined: September/27/2004
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Points: 20468
Originally posted by basshammer5x4x3x2x basshammer5x4x3x2x wrote:

I wish you could see with your own eyes the groups I'm shooting with a Hammers 3-9 x 32 rifle scope 

Yep, me too. Big Grin
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:10
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar

Joined: November/13/2008
Location: Montana
Status: Offline
Points: 4613
I'd keep it around for entertainment value. Amazing what happens when the scope owner drinks too much, gets in a fight and gets dropped 5 feet off the front porch onto his head.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:47
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Avatar

Joined: October/31/2009
Location: Oklahoma
Status: Offline
Points: 1721
Instead of going out and mowing the lawn, I thought I'd push a pencil...
10 shots into a dime at 500 yards turns out to be a group size less than 1/10th moa.

Dang. I'm humbled by my ignorance.
I had no idea that an off- the- shelf Ruger #1 would trounce an unlimited class benchrest rifle.


-------------------------
dime= .705" dia.
.705" - .243" (group center-center)= .462"/5 (for 100 yds) = .0924"/1.047"(1 moa)= .088 moa







Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:57
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar

Joined: July/04/2012
Location: Oswego,NY
Status: Offline
Points: 9032
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Instead of going out and mowing the lawn, I thought I'd push a pencil...
10 shots into a dime at 500 yards turns out to be a group size less than 1/10th moa.

Dang. I'm humbled by my ignorance.
I had no idea that an off- the- shelf Ruger #1 would trounce an unlimited class benchrest rifle.


-------------------------
dime= .705" dia.


.705" - .243" (group center-center)= .462"/5 (for 100 yds) = .0924"/1.047"(1 moa)= .088 moa


And he knows someone who has a $3,000.00 Ruger custom bolt action that shoots PD's @ 800 yards!

Forgot to say Mr. Barnum was absolutely correct.









Edited by Peddler - June/29/2015 at 16:02
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 16:09
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Avatar

Joined: October/31/2009
Location: Oklahoma
Status: Offline
Points: 1721
Now I'm feeling extra bad... just thinking my poor old eyes might not even be able to see a groundhog at 500 yds. with only a 9X.

On the bright side (misery loves company,) all of you guys that ponied up for a Tubb 2000 in 6XC must be feeling even worse, thinking about those magnificent Ruger #1 shooters whippin' yer tails.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 17:30
RifleDude View Drop Down
MODERATOR
MODERATOR
Avatar

Joined: October/13/2006
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 14310
Wow! It's a damn shame basshammer is canceling his OT account, as I'd sure love to learn more from someone so awesome!

I'm really glad I don't own one of those Hammers scopes with the .006" click value. I'd get carpal tunnel syndrome just during initial zero from spinning my W/E knobs the 3000 clicks required to do it!

...On second thought, I believe I'd suffer that massive inconvenience if it meant owning one of these marvels of optical and mechanical perfection enabled me to shoot dime sized groups @ 500 yds! I'd dominate every shooting competition I entered, and I'd be as internationally famous and wealthy as basshammer obviously must be. Then, I could quit my day job and earn my living from shooting!

...AND, as a delicious bonus, I'd be able to talk copious amounts of sh** in the process as I smoked everyone with their expensive precision rifles with my Ruger #1! I'd be as famous as basshammer!
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 17:43
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar

Joined: July/04/2012
Location: Oswego,NY
Status: Offline
Points: 9032
Ted, maybe it should be asshammer!
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 22:53
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire


Joined: July/15/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3190
WOW, this guy has just raised the bar on BS.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2015 at 11:03
silvrjeepr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Avatar

Joined: January/04/2013
Location: Tennessee
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Here I was trying to be polite. You guys are hilarious.  Laugh Above

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2015 at 13:42
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar

Joined: July/04/2012
Location: Oswego,NY
Status: Offline
Points: 9032
Laugh
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2015 at 14:07
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar
bowsNbugs

Joined: March/10/2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 9285
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Wow! It's a damn shame basshammer is canceling his OT account, as I'd sure love to learn more from someone so awesome!

I'm really glad I don't own one of those Hammers scopes with the .006" click value. I'd get carpal tunnel syndrome just during initial zero from spinning my W/E knobs the 3000 clicks required to do it!

...On second thought, I believe I'd suffer that massive inconvenience if it meant owning one of these marvels of optical and mechanical perfection enabled me to shoot dime sized groups @ 500 yds! I'd dominate every shooting competition I entered, and I'd be as internationally famous and wealthy as basshammer obviously must be. Then, I could quit my day job and earn my living from shooting!

...AND, as a delicious bonus, I'd be able to talk copious amounts of sh** in the process as I smoked everyone with their expensive precision rifles with my Ruger #1! I'd be as famous as basshammer!


I'll bet it was a mere oversight... a decimal point error on his part. Maybe dime sized groups at 50 yards. LOL. Even I can accomplish that! Loco
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2015 at 14:41
Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Avatar
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Joined: March/29/2009
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 213
Originally posted by silvrjeepr silvrjeepr wrote:

Here I was trying to be polite. You guys are hilarious.  Laugh Above


Yeah, they are hilarious. Cheaptrick has kept me rolling for YEARS!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Similar Threads: "Hammers 3-9 x32 rifle scope"
Subject Author Forum Replies Last Post
Hammers Rifle scope dpslusser Rifle Scopes 55 10/2/2007 7:53:01 AM
Scope rings for BSA rifles TRX Rings and bases 1
Need Scope Advice for .338 Win Mag Elk Rifle Brazos_Jack Rifle Scopes 4
Scope for Bean Field Rifle Scrumbag Rifle Scopes 10
weaver re-designed grand slam rifle scope goosedowner Rifle Scopes 3
rifle scopes verminator Rifle Scopes 2
athlon rifle scopes verminator Rifle Scopes 182
Scopes for Rifles hidoa Rifle Scopes 6
Daniel Defense Special Precision Rifle Scope???? cjsoccer3 Rifle Scopes 3
Leica 3.5-14x42 ER Rifle Scope Blueboy Rifle Scopes 19


This page was generated in 0.438 seconds.