|Check GunBroker.com for SWFA's No Reserve and No Minimum bid firearm auctions.|
Good rules to live by...................
|Post Reply Topic Search Topic Options|
Location: North Carolina
Drill Sergeant Joe B. Fricks Rules For A Gunfight
1. Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap - life is expensive. If you shoot inside, buckshot is your friend. A new wall is cheap - funerals are expensive
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker and go to cover. Distance is your friend. (Bulletproof cover and diagonal or lateral movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi or full-automatic long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running. Yell "Fire!" Why "Fire"? Cops will come with the Fire Department, sirens often scare off the bad guys, or at least cause them to lose concentration and willpower.... and who is going to summon help if you yell "Intruder," "Glock" or "Winchester?"
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Stretch the rules. Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work. "No battle plan ever survives 10 seconds past first contact with an enemy."
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible, but remember, sheetrock walls and the like stop nothing but your pulse when bullets tear through them.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees. Practice reloading one-handed and off-hand shooting. That's how you live if hit in your "good" side.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)
19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.
22. Be courteous to everyone, overly friendly to no one.
23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not atte
God of no Chihuahua
Be sure to visit,
THE ED SHOW
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|Similar Threads: "Good rules to live by..................."|
|Live game cam feed||Brady||General Hunting||7|
|soldiers losing lives due to M4||martin3175||Firearms||39|
|The Springfield Armory Scope lives!||glockpacker||Rifle Scopes||10||7/7/2007 4:40:32 PM|
|Good .22 caliber rifle needs a Good fixed scope||shooter4||Rifle Scopes||11|
|High End Scopes Rule of Thumb||ptrumble1||Rifle Scopes||6|
|For Sale Rules||Chris Farris||For Sale Rules||0||2/21/2007 5:13:50 PM|
|State Department Ruling on 3/4 mil-dot||Chris Farris||Tactical Scopes||2||4/1/2004 6:30:56 PM|
|For Sale Rules||Chris Farris||Firearms For Sale||0||11/6/2007 10:44:42 AM|
|For Sale Rules||Chris Farris||Optics For Sale||0||11/6/2007 10:45:23 AM|
|For Sale Rules||Chris Farris||Hunting and Shooting Gear For Sale||0||11/6/2007 10:45:50 AM|