FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Check GunBroker.com for SWFA's No Reserve and No Minimum bid firearm auctions.

Cross hairs moving

Post Reply Post Reply   Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2017 at 19:53
RickCunn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

I have a Burris Model 200335 Fullfield E1 4.5x14x-42 mm Ballistic Plex E' Reticle mounted on a Mossberg MVP.  I have been shooting at 100 yards.  The parallax is set to 100 yards.  The rifle is on a bench on a solid foundation. I have my eye within the eye relief.  I set the cross hairs on the target center.  If I shift my eye left or right the cross hairs move fairly significantly right or left.  In the vertical direction there is very little change in the cross hair position when I move my eye vertically.  Of course, that makes hitting the target difficult.  Is the problem with me or the scope?  
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2017 at 09:53
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Originally posted by RickCunn RickCunn wrote:

I have a Burris Model 200335 Fullfield E1 4.5x14x-42 mm Ballistic Plex E' Reticle mounted on a Mossberg MVP.  I have been shooting at 100 yards.  The parallax is set to 100 yards.  The rifle is on a bench on a solid foundation. I have my eye within the eye relief.  I set the cross hairs on the target center.  If I shift my eye left or right the cross hairs move fairly significantly right or left.  In the vertical direction there is very little change in the cross hair position when I move my eye vertically.  Of course, that makes hitting the target difficult.  Is the problem with me or the scope?  

Rick, read this over a couple of times.  I think it will help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2017 at 10:15
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Be aware that the markings on a parallax knob are approximations, not calibrated. Just because the knob has a 100 setting does not mean the scope is calibrated to be parallax-free at 100.

The same is true of most scope's power ring also, but that is a topic for another time.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2017 at 14:30
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Did you carefully adjust the eyepiece for your eye?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic