OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Millet Buck Gold 56mm new scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Millet Buck Gold 56mm new scopes
    Posted: February/23/2008 at 11:51
 Has anyone had any feedback on their new 56mm buck gold scopes ?  Supposed to be totally redesigned and a very good buy ?
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 18:18

I know the TRS-1 and the new LRS-1 are good for the price, you would have to ask KBOWZL about the Buck Gold line.

Duce Smile

Duce
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 19:16
 Can't believe this post is still here at the top !!!! Went with nikon monarch weeks ago ....
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2008 at 19:03
Smart move!!!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
gen.melchitt View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen.melchitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2008 at 20:40
i decided to give a millett a try,it should be here in  a day or so and i'll give a report on it at that time...gm
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 06:40
Both the TRS and LRS are buck gold scopes. There was a point when the TRS used the better glass than the standard buck gold. I believe that has changed, and that the buck gold line has improved in recent months.
WELCOME GEN.Melchitt we await your thoughts on the line.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen.melchitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2008 at 20:55
well the new millett arrived today and on first impression i'm pretty dang impressed.seems very solid and well built,the glass is actually much better than i expected.its very bright and clear(quiet a bit better than my ss10x and some better than my burris signiture..which kinda surprised me)the adjustments are positive the side focus works well.about the only thing i see that is somewhat difficult to use is the power adjustment is pretty stiff not too terrible but stiffer than i like(it may very well lighten up with some use)i haven't mounted it yet as i still have a little more work to finish up on the rifle its going to be used on.once i get to shoot some with it i 'll know if its as good as it seems to be....i'll give a report when i get to launch a few rounds but so far better than i thought.....gmBandito
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2008 at 14:47
Which Millett did you order?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen.melchitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2008 at 17:02
the buck gold 6-25x56 30mm tube the model # bk30737 i got the reg. duplex reticle instead of the mil-dot cause its easier for me to just check my come up card and dial it in than to try and do all the math and conversions nessary  with the mil-dot system(theres nothing at all wrong with a mil-dot set up but most folks don't really understand what it is or how to use it,they just want one cause its tacticool)
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen.melchitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 15:18
i got to sight in and do some shooting with tjhe new millett today.i guess i would have to say its gonna be a keeper,very clear at least up to about 20x a little less so at the higher settings(which wasn't unexpected)mostly heat mirage as it was about 95 here today.the adjustments worked well(i really wish it was 1/4 min. instead of 1/8 but i can live with it)i dialed up and down some and it returned to zero just like it should.my buddy had one of his rigs there with a leupold mk4 on it and side by side of course the mk4 was a little better,but for 4x the price it should be.but overall we were both pretty impressed with the millett.in its price range for the same type scope its going to be hard to beat.honestly i have had better scopes but i've had to pay alot more to get them,i'd rate it a solid 7 out of 10 for a 300.00 scope that aint bad at all....gm
RonDodson View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonDodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2008 at 12:09
I was doing some research on millet the otherday and it appears to me they are under the Bushnell Roof. Does anyone no for sure if that is true?
R.D.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 01:30
Yep, they have resently be bought out.
Steve, one of their higher ups is a member here and has confirmed the buy out.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic