OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mounts for a Tikka T3 Battue Lite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tturner6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mounts for a Tikka T3 Battue Lite
    Posted: February/23/2008 at 01:28
Ok, so I followed someone's suggestion from here and bought Warne Mounts.  Nice mounts but not at all compatible with my rifle even though I bought the correct mounts according to the Warne website.

Problem I have is this.  With the the Battue Lite there are slots in the rifle's scope mount frame area to allow a mount to 'lock' in to a certain slot every time you mount a scope.  With the Warne Quick Release mounts (yes, I do need QR for some of my hunts here in Germany) there are no 'pins' to drop down into the rifle frame thus making it impossible to remount the scope to the same position.  Therein negating the whole point of a QR system.

My question then is this.  Does anyone have a workable solution other than the Sako QR mounts?  I will go that route if I have to but its gonna be a headache trying to get the Sako QRs technical data to show me Tikka information that is usable to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

S&B 2.5-10x56mm
Tikka T3 Battue Lite in .30-06
168gr BTS or 180gr Nosler Partitions
American Jäger in Germany

168gr BTS What more do you really need?
8Runner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8Runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 03:36
Try Warne GRL (Grooved Receiver Line) QD Rings.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 12:08
I saw some CZ mounts that look like what you are describing but by best guess is that you better get mounts from Sako/Tikka.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 12:43
According to SAKO's website, the Tikka Battue is also drilled and tapped to take standard Weaver bases.  If you got a Weaver base you would have lots of choices for rings, although, I guess, none would be Quick Release. 

I don't know...call someone..............(Ghostbusters!)   Bucky           --Ed

[Call Big Squeeze.........he'll have you buy twenty nine different mounts and you'll send 'em all back when he changes his mind!!]  Laugh

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 12:53
Thanks for digging Ed. I found the same info on their site. There are a lot of QD rings for Weaver bases including Warne. The standard Weaver, though ugly, works as a detachable. I have removed them many times. They return to zero pretty well.

Edited by tahqua - March/09/2008 at 12:56
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 13:08
Ok, I didn't know that the Weaver rings would return you to zero. I knew that they detached ( with tools!) HA!  Bucky

Maybe the Weaver base capability will save the day! 
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 13:16
Sorry about the trim job on the photo. For the second Sunday in a row I can't access Photobucket and my darn Adobe and Paint are, well..........making me angry
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 16:02
I believe I saw a picatinny base available from either warne or burris for Tikkas
not sure of the details.. just something that pops up in memory
similiar to what they use on the tactical model Tikka

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic