OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 4200 with side focus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 4200 with side focus
    Posted: February/21/2008 at 12:47
I was  out trolling the internet and ran across aparently a new model of Bushnell 4200
4-16x40 with side focus not the one I  have which adjust at the front objective so I suspect these will start showing up this summer and if were lucky the old model will sell at a reduced rate till gone.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 13:26
Thats cool, I hate scopes when it is out on the end.  That is one thing that has kept me from buying a 4200 that is over 10x
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 13:32
That version of 6-24x40 has been out for a while (at least a year).  A lot of people who shoot rifles with recoil like it because it seems to have substantially longer eye relief than the AO version of the same scope.  It is also a lot more compact.

ILya
shawn1885 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn1885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 14:02
I hope I am not confused....  There is the newer 6x24 side focus that came out a year ago or so and I thought they were upgrading the 4x16 the same way a little shorter and side focus.  I have not seen a new 4x16 listed yet but would be very interested in one.

I am also liking the 2.5x16 6500.  My next scope will most likely be a new 4x16 side focus if it is really coming out in 08 or a 2.5x16 6500.  They both sound great.

I have an older 6x24 B&L that doesn't get used a whole lot but will be going on top of a new Sako Quad in Mach 2 until I purchase one of the two scopes listedCool
Goju View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 17:40
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

That version of 6-24x40 has been out for a while (at least a year).  A lot of people who shoot rifles with recoil like it because it seems to have substantially longer eye relief than the AO version of the same scope.  It is also a lot more compact.

ILya

What model (number) are we talking about? 426242P?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 17:56
Originally posted by Goju Goju wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

What model (number) are we talking about? 426242P?

Yep
shawn1885 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn1885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2008 at 22:05
So is there a new side focus 4x16 4200 coming out this year? If yes do we know how much it will cost?

If this was answered from the original post I must have missed it. I think the post went of tangent and started talking about the 6x24 that is already available.

Shawn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic