OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2.5X FX2 Ultralite; topping short list!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 14:53
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Yep, before we send Big Squeeze to the Dark Continent we ought to get him to read all those books about getting hunters being squished by buffalo and elephant and stuff! Shocked 

Then he'll CHANGE HIS MIND again and get a 470 Nitro!!  HA!
.......................................................................................WANNA BET???!!!...... The .375 Ruger will do just fine loaded with some 300 grainers in the FMJ`s! Besides, there is no better one rifle caliber for all around African use and for the largest of N/A big game than a .375!..........Those hunters who got nailed, obviously didn`t have sufficient backup and/or didn`t properly place the shots??.............A 470 Nitro??.Loco...........No thanks! 
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 19:51
C'on Squeeze.....Don't be a Brownie and get the .470 Capstick!  Look at it this way, it's just a blown out .375 H&H anyway.  After you get through reading Hemmingway and Capstick you might chicken out and not want to go over there!  Ed and I are counting on you though, since you're younger compared to us, and somebody needs to stand up for more mature people.

MOJO  
MOJO
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 20:02
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

C'on Squeeze.....Don't be a Brownie and get the .470 Capstick!  Look at it this way, it's just a blown out .375 H&H anyway.  After you get through reading Hemmingway and Capstick you might chicken out and not want to go over there!  Ed and I are counting on you though, since you're younger compared to us, and somebody needs to stand up for more mature people.

MOJO  
......................................Nice try there,,,,Mojo!!..... You guys are trying to get me into a 470 Nitro, like I`m trying to get Pyro into a .375 RUM! Neither of us will have any luck in that dept.........I won`t be reading Hemmingway, nor do I plan to chicken out! Na%20Na

Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 20:36
Better check out your ballistics Big Squeeze....that .470 Capstick has got that the numbers on the Nitro!  Don't worry about pyro and the Ultra Mag.  He's a black belt and will kick the daylights out of that Ultra Mag, before the Ultra Mag kicks the daylights out of him!  Ed is already in bed, and who knows what he will say in the morning!  Pick a scope that will handle 6.400 foot pounds of muzzle energy. 
MOJO
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 20:37
6400 ft lbs DAMN!! i think thats a hair more than any rum will make!!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 20:49
No... No pyro...not the Ultra Mag...the Capstick!  500 grain solids!  That's child's play compared to the 550 Magnum with the 700 grainer though!  Pain hurts.  They don't make recoil pads big enough for me.
MOJO
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 20:52

Better check out your ballistics Big Squeeze....that .470 Capstick has got that the numbers on the Nitro!  Don't worry about pyro and the Ultra Mag.  He's a black belt and will kick the daylights out of that Ultra Mag, before the Ultra Mag kicks the daylights out of him!  Ed is already in bed, and who knows what he will say in the morning!  Pick a scope that will handle 6.400 foot pounds of muzzle energy. 
.....................................Don`t need to check any ballistics, on a Capstick or on a Nitro! Totally useless and overpowered for anything in N/A and for the most part, in Africa too! Good for elephants which I have no desire to hunt!...... 6400 fp. of muzzle energy?.............Ridiculous for any need that I would ever have!...YOU BUY ONE!!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 20:54
.577 tyrannosaur or 700 n.e both over 10000ftlbs
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 21:02
What?  I thought that the 700 Nitro was only around 8,900 foot pounds.  I know that Holland and Holland will make a nice double rifle for the Big Squeeze.  We can install a Barska 4 power air gun scope on each barrel!  Whadaya think might happen ?
MOJO
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 21:03
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

.577 tyrannosaur or 700 n.e both over 10000ftlbs
...........................................That`s recoil that even the Squeezer couldn`t handle!.........That`s not shooting for enjoyment. That`s pure punishment!!.........Get out the lead sleds!!!........Those cartridges & rifles are patheticly overpowered and serve no purpose other than to make a good display in a case and/or a good conversation piece..............LocoLocoLocoLocoLocoLoco
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 21:06
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 21:10

What?  I thought that the 700 Nitro was only around 8,900 foot pounds.  I know that Holland and Holland will make a nice double rifle for the Big Squeeze.  We can install a Barska 4 power air gun scope on each barrel!  Whadaya think might happen ?
.............................................................Horse%20Poop       Puker
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 21:36
That's enough in one night for me......I'm headed for bed, hoping nobody drops a 7 ton weight on me.  pyro, those numbers were obscene.  Scopes are only good for one shot, and you get a detached retina with two.
MOJO
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 07:54
yeah scarry!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic