OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR export

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of Kobol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR export
    Posted: February/17/2008 at 07:17
Hi ,

Sorry my english is not very good .

I know some laws have changed in the US and I just would like to know if it's still possible to buy from europe an IOR 9-36x56 scope .

Thanks .
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2008 at 08:03
It probably is possible--but you cannot do it from this SWFA website. But, you can visit with us!! Look on www.ebay.com and see what you find.         --Ed
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2008 at 08:58
Are you wanting to buy from the U.S. or are you trying to sell to the U.S. ?
 If you want to buy, IOR is made there in Europe , and your currency is stronger there. 
Lord of Kobol View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of Kobol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2008 at 09:30
I want to buy the scope in the US .
Here it is sold 1500 euros .
In the US it is sold 1400 $ and thats 953 euros ....

Thats why  I  want to buy it in the US .
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2008 at 09:43

What would it cost after you after you figure in tariffs? even though the country of origin is in Europe, the fact you purchase from the U.S. would subject you to high tariffs - not to mention brokerage fees and high shipping. I think in the end it would be just as expensive.

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of Kobol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 04:10
I have already figured out all the expenses Wink

I just wanted to know if this scope is a restricted item .
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 05:05

Important Export Restrictions Warning!

1. Export of some night vision equipment and accessories, thermal imaging equipment and accessories, optical sighting equipment and accessories, and tactical lights and accessories is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130.
  2. U.S. law prohibits the sale, transfer, or export of items to Embargoed Countries and entities on the Department of State's List of Debarred Parties, the Department of Commerce's Denied Persons List, and the Department of the Treasury's Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List. It is the Buyer's responsibility to be aware of the Lists of Embargoed Countries, Debarred Parties, Denied Persons, and Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons. These Lists can be found at the U.S. Government websites listed below.

By proceeding with a transaction to purchase any items from competitor, Inc., the Buyer certifies that it will comply with all requirements imposed by all applicable laws, regulations and administrative policies.

For further information regarding the applicable laws, regulations, and policies contact:

U.S. Department of Commerce
Bureau of Industry and Security
Tel.: (202) 482-4811

U.S. Department of State
Bureau of Political-Military Affairs
Directorate of Defense Trade Control
Tel.: (202) 663-2980

U.S. Department of the Treasury
Office of Foreign Assets Controls
Tel.: (202) 622-2480

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 05:08
Under optical sighting equipment all rifle scopes are prohibited.

Nothing stops you from doing the paperwork of course!

The other way is to find a buddy who ......
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 16:06
What if that scope will be aimed at US troops?
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 01:45
Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

And what if the scope is required for hunting or sports related target shooting? This same scope is still available to the rest of the world. So blocking a US export will not save US Troops. Proper training and military discipline will.

This dude is only trying to buy a scope cheaper then is available in Europe.
pc3 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 02:46
LOK,

I have a 9-36x56 IOR that has never been mounted new in box with 35mm IOR rings that I would be prepared to sell PM me for details, I am in Australia.

cheers PC3
pc3 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2008 at 05:13
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of Kobol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2008 at 11:00
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

And what if the scope is required for hunting or sports related target shooting? This same scope is still available to the rest of the world. So blocking a US export will not save US Troops. Proper training and military discipline will.

This dude is only trying to buy a scope cheaper then is available in Europe.

Exactly ,it is for traget shooting ,  I'm just trying to get it cheaper since I'm young and I don't have a lot of money .
I don't understand exactly , it is written SOME optical sighting are restricted to export , how am I supposed to know which is restricted and which is not ?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of Kobol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2008 at 11:01
Originally posted by pc3 pc3 wrote:

Lord of Kobol,

here is a link to mine for sale; http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200202157521&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010

Thanks for the offer but your price is too high .
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2008 at 11:28
www.technika.nu  is a member here who is in Europe if you send him a PM  (personal message) he may have a suggestion for you.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of Kobol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2008 at 06:43
Sorry I don't understand , who should I contact ?  I didnt found any member with this name in the list .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic