OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scopes for $200 and under.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scopes for $200 and under.
    Posted: November/16/2004 at 18:54
     I have a buddy that only has about $200.00 to spend, or I should say that is all he will spend on a scope. He was interested in the Simmons Atec 2.8-10x44 for $129.00. He says he has known people who have had Tasco World Class scopes for $50.00 that have performed well with no problems at all on all deer caliber rifles and that there is no reason to spend a fortune on a scope. So he likes the long eye relief and big sight picture of the Aetec and is willing to go the little extra for the Aetec.   
     Is the Aetec a good scope for say a 30.06 cal. rifle? Will it perform well for the price? He only hunts three or four weeks out of the year so should he really go the extra $70.00 for say the Burris with free spotter? He also liked the Nikon Buckmaster but didn' like it $70.00 more.
     ANYONE OWN AETEC, OR HAVE AN EXPERIENCED OPINION ON THIS?
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2004 at 19:19

the aetec is a good scope, but i will never put one on any of my guns, the cheapest scopes i will ever use are the VXI, and the FF2.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2004 at 23:31

If you can only hunt a couple of weeks a year then I would think that having really good equipment would be even more important to you.  If you have a limited time in the woods and your equipment has a mishap you won't get a second chance for another year.  I would go with either the FFII or 3200 in the $200.00 price range.

ranburr

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2004 at 14:00
The Aetec is an awesome scope for the money and hard to beat, its the best scope under $150.  If he wants to spend more then consider the 3200 by Bushnell and the Fullfield II by Burris as ranburr recommended.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic