OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Zeiss Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Zeiss Conquest
    Posted: February/14/2008 at 16:45
After receiving a few opinions on this board, I decided to order a new Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 MC with Z-plex from SWFA. Well, it arrived today via UPS.
Scope was well packed, and unharmed.
I am still waiting for the new Browning X-Bolt in 7mm-08 that I am mounting this scope on to come to my dealer which Browning told me yesterday that they are now starting to ship the new rifles out.
After setting up an acuity chart in my shooting lane, I began to play with the scope. I mean conduct specific scientific tests for brightness and clarity.
In all seriousness, I had four different scopes out there today along with the Zeiss for comparison. All scopes were set on the same power to be fair. After examining all the different scopes, I can honestly say that I can see a real difference in the quality of the glass compared to my other scopes. Granted that some of the other scopes were not of best quality, but still I have been using them for various hunting and shooting situations.
All in all, I think this is money well spent. Now I need to replace the scope on the Browning BAR, unless I use this scope and then just buy another the for X-Bolt.  This is never ending!
Thanks to everyone for all the help and time.
A special thanks goes to Chris Farris II at SWFA for his help as well. He made my ordering super easy and painless.
Yes, I am a Zeiss believer now!
FrankbYippee
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 17:01
awesome glad to hear your happy!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 17:05

Excellent Now, let us know what the price breaks are on a volume purchases Mouth%20Taped%20Shut

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

frankb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 17:06
I wish there were some kind of break. I would replace all my scopes and start over again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 17:08
wouldnt we all!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 17:11
Good deal!! 

Where you located in NC??
I might need to borrow your new scope some time...neighbor. Wink

frankb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 17:11
I have a Nikon Pro Staff 4X that I have on my new Ruger 10/22 DSP that I like a lot. I had it out today while waiting for UPS to deliver the Zeiss.
I was shooting at air filled balloons that I had set out at 100 yards. The balloons were filled just enough to mimic the body of a rabbit.
I had no problem hitting the balloons. Stopped just in time to see the big brown truck pull in the driveway. Smile
frankb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 17:13
I am located right on the NC/Va borderline.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 08:06
Like I told ya Frank.....you hardly ever hear of a disappointed conquest owner.....

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 12:16
FRANKB...ALL I can say is GREAT CHOICE. I too own a Zeiss after all the reading and help from all the great people on this site. I wish I could list them all, but I would miss someone.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
One Shot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 17:57
I have been a gunsmith  for 24 years I have seen alot of scopes If you have the money buy a Zeiss you will not find a better scope . I know thats a strong statement but I work in a gun store every day I see alot of scopes Schmidt Bender, Night Force ,Kahles, Swarovski, I know this my opinion but I have done alot of tests low light, contrast, glare, resolution, and the Zeiss rocks like I said I know this is my opinion Like my Dad allways said you will never will regreat buying quality, but if you buy and you are not happy  you will have a $100.00 papper weight
one shot one kill
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 22:05
I believe I said Frank would be another satisfied Zeiss owner. Glad to hear you happy. I would have felt horrible if you bought a scope I suggested and not been happy. Have fun with the new glass.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
One Shot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 22:35
Glad to see you got your new Ziess Conquest scope hard to go wrong with Ziess quality Nice rifle by the way let us know how she shoots
one shot one kill
frankb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 07:45
Still waiting for the Browning X-Bolt to come in so I can mount the new Zeiss Conquest on.
I took the scope into the woods last night just after dusk to see how things will look through the scope. At any power from 3 to 9, I can see pretty deep into my wooded land that I hunt. This is getting real hard now waiting for the rifle to come in. Browning sent me a DVD showing all the products, and I got a chance to see the rifle close up. That only makes me want it that much more now. Hurry up Browning!!
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 11:33
Originally posted by frankb frankb wrote:

After receiving a few opinions on this board, I decided to order a new Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 MC with Z-plex from SWFA. Well, it arrived today via UPS.
I am still waiting for the new Browning X-Bolt in 7mm-08 that I am mounting this scope on to come to my dealer which Browning told me yesterday that they are now starting to ship the new rifles out.
After setting up an acuity chart in my shooting lane, I began to play with the scope. I mean conduct specific scientific tests for brightness and clarity.
In all seriousness, I had four different scopes out there today along with the Zeiss for comparison. All scopes were set on the same power to be fair. After examining all the different scopes, I can honestly say that I can see a real difference in the quality of the glass compared to my other scopes. Granted that some of the other scopes were not of best quality, but still I have been using them for various hunting and shooting situations.
All in all, I think this is money well spent. Now I need to replace the scope on the Browning BAR, unless I use this scope and then just buy another the for X-Bolt.  This is never ending!
A special thanks goes to Chris Farris II at SWFA for his help as well. He made my ordering super easy and painless.
FrankbYippee
Glad to hear you are happy with the Zeiss Frank. Sorry I am late on this post slipped by me somehow. I can not take to much credit though, I mean a warthog could have sold you that scope and you wouldn't be dissapointed. It is hard to go wrong with a Conquest.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
frankb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 11:39
Chris,
Don't sell yourself short.
Your reputation on here alone makes it easy to purchase with confidence. Just knowing that there are still suppliers out there that care about what they sell, and to assure the quality that is advertised in that product.
Show me a "warthog" that is willing to back up the products they sell!
Frankb.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 11:41

Chris,
Don't sell yourself short.
Your reputation on here alone makes it easy to purchase with confidence. Just knowing that there are still suppliers out there that care about what they sell, and to assure the quality that is advertised in that product.
Show me a "warthog" that is willing to back up the products they sell!
Frankb.
All coments taken to heart and appreciated Frank. If you ever need anything let me know!

Edited by Chris Farris II - February/21/2008 at 11:43
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 18:37

FrankbYippee

Congratulations Frank!!!!!!!!!! I hope you fufill all your hunting dreams and aspirations with your new Zeiss.

I bought a Zeiss scope for the first time about 5 years ago & I will ONLY top all my guns with a Zeiss or Kahles scope.

I plan on purchasing a Conquest 4.5-14x50 Rapid Z recticle from SWFA after turkey season to put it on top of my brand new .280.

Again congrats!!!!!!!!!! You'll enjoy your new scope.

Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi - February/21/2008 at 18:41
frankb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 19:07
I hope no one minds that I am now using the Zeiss as my avatar!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2008 at 19:35
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

...I mean a warthog could have sold you that scope and you wouldn't be dissapointed.

OK, that explains a lot.  I just thought you were ugly.
Wink
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic