OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Alabama Whitetail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 10:56
If i seen that many big bucks walking around my staind. i wouldn't know weather to wind my ass or scratch my watch.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 11:08
i would just start shooting any take names later
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 11:09
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i havent spent much time in iowa, i would have to get cheap or urimaginaryfrnd in here to verify it, but i cant seem to remember any hilly country like that in iowa, i may be wrong, but they grow a lot of corn in iowa. that looks like appalachian country

I have only been through there once, and there were actually some hills.  It is a small portion in the nothern part of the state (northwest i think, but not too sure).  I just have a hard time believing that so many nice bucks could be taken in such a small area.  Maybe in 10-20 sq miles.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 11:17
i could see the northwest part of the state being that way as well as the north east part, southeastern mn is hilly too.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2008 at 23:00

Oh, there's plenty of land that hilly in Iowa, and the vegetation looks about right too for just about any midwestern state, so who knows.
 A agree with Helo-18 that there's no way all those mature bucks came off less than one square mile unless there's a high fence somewhere hidden in the background and some artificial management behind the scenes.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2008 at 13:12
" ......I'm goin' to Alybama with a banjo on my knee.........."
furboom View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 20:24
I don't know but i think it is possible to have that many huge bucks in such a small area.......like a petting zoo....Shocked
It's all about SHOT PLACEMENT!
Alagator View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 03:32
Dead giveaway-- Alabama doesn't use deer tags. Just fill out a form on your license before you transport the deer. Three bucks a season, one of which must have 4 points on one side. Still a doe a day from mid-Nov. through Jan. 31 in the southern 2/3 of the state. We might get that many bucks in one place, but only corn and protein pellet fed behind a high fence. We very rarely see bucks over 3.5 years old-- they are either dead or nocturnal. Wherever that photo was taken, as we say down South..." 'em are sum biguns".
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 17:10
Never been to the NE corner of Iowa, where that Co is located.
Damn sure don't look like any part of IA I was ever in though.

I was born in Ottumwa (yeah, where Radar's from) and raised in the SE corner.

antleraddiction View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antleraddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2008 at 20:13
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Steel, I hate to put the damper on a good story, but I received the same pic in an email about a year ago with the following story description:

"14 tags, 3 days, 1 square mile

All of these deer were taken in Alamakee County, Iowa, all within

1/2 mile of the farm house in the background. Life is good in Alamakee..."

Here is the other pic included on the email:

I hunt Bama every year, never had to put a yellow tag on any deer harvested.........  All those deer are easily 200 pounds plus, with the exception of the top one, far left.....Hard to get that size when all they have to eat is pine needles and sand
Alagator View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 03:49
Originally posted by antleraddiction antleraddiction wrote:

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Steel, I hate to put the damper on a good story, but I received the same pic in an email about a year ago with the following story description:

"14 tags, 3 days, 1 square mile

All of these deer were taken in Alamakee County, Iowa, all within

1/2 mile of the farm house in the background. Life is good in Alamakee..."

Here is the other pic included on the email:

I hunt Bama every year, never had to put a yellow tag on any deer harvested.........  All those deer are easily 200 pounds plus, with the exception of the top one, far left.....Hard to get that size when all they have to eat is pine needles and sand

Antleraddiction, get your facts right-- some places we have pine needles and clay.Big%20Grin
antleraddiction View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antleraddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 08:51
My bad AlagatorBig%20Grin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic