OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tikka T3 hunter wood/stainless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tikka T3 hunter wood/stainless
    Posted: February/13/2008 at 09:54

I found this web site that shows a Tikka T3 Hunter wood/stainless barrel, but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. I would like one of these in 7mm Rem Mag, I would sell my brand new Ruger No. 1 7MM and purchase this tikka.

check out this site, in the left of the page click on "Hunter Stainless"

http://www.tikka.fi/

Maybe this is a new model for this year?
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 09:55
i think it is too
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Jsimoneaud View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 10:13
well if it is available some time this year - I have a brand new, never hunted with, Ruger No.1 7mm rem mag with a trigger job done for SALE.
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 19:37
that Baby is available in .260 with a 9" twist!  Hot Damn... wonder what the price will be?
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 19:45
actually...... not too sure about that site!  I think that is Europe only.  They show lots of options for left handers and I didn't think they offered all those to the USA.
take em!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 14:44

someone on another forum is saying that Scheels has them, I never heard of Scheels???

J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 15:25
Scheels is a "Great Plains" area sporting goods store.  I think they started in S. Dakota, but not sure.  They have stores in S. Dakota, N. Dakota, Iowa & Nebraska.  The best part about their store is they have all their guns out on racks so they are accessable.  You can go in there and pick up every one if you want to........ without having to ask a sales person to hand it to you!!!!!
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 15:33
Scheels' first All Sports Superstore opened in Grand Forks, ND in 1989. Today, Scheels is a 23-store operation with stores in 7 states including North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wisconsin and Nebraska.
I just talked to the Omaha store and they have them in stock....... $599.99 for the common calibers...... I think he said they had a 7mm Mag in a package deal with a Scheels scope for $749.99.

take em!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 15:40
um actually tip scheels started as a hardware store in sabin mn in like the 1920's or 1930's and they are actually a fairly big chain in the uppermidwest, i buy almost all of my reloading supplies from them they have better prices than anybody else and other than dick and jims c-store they have a better selection of all sorts of stuff, good place to buy anything hunting, i havent bought any guns from them but they have quite a selection everything from savage to cooper they carry a good lineup, they also have a fairly good supply of optics but there prices cant compare to swfas.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 19:59
it looks like Scheels does not show their guns on-line, guess I will call budsgunshop and see what they can find out about this model.
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 20:32
no they dont show anything good on there site which pisses me off too!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2008 at 14:56
I just got off the phone with Beretta, the Tikka T3 Hunter in Stainless is not coming to the USA. That was their final answer. only available in Europe.

I hope the rep I spoke with is wrong.
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2008 at 14:59
maybe you can well never mind that would cost a ton, i was going to say maybe you could order one from a shop over there but with exchange rate and import tax and shipping and handling you could probably afford a kimber by then
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 09:29
Dude..... I saw them at Scheels...... I wouldn't go by what the rep on the phone says, they don't know $hit!
take em!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 09:33
ok, Please tell me which Scheels did you saw them at? I will call scheels myself. I am selling my new Ruger No. 1 7mm to buy one of these or some other tikka if I can't get this particular model.

thanks in advance -js
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 11:38
Omaha, Nebraska........402-289-5666   Tell em "Tip" sent ya!
take em!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 11:47
Thanks Tip!!
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2008 at 08:11
UPDATE, I have been in touch with Scheels, they do have Tikka's with wood/stainless, according to them, they are the only ones in the US that will have these, they made a deal with a distributor and only Scheels gets this style Tikka. I was given a quote of 599.00 for one in 7mm rem mag, but they don't have any in stock at the store I called, so they are checking on availability and will call me back, also started discussing a trade for the Ruger no. 1 I have listed in the "for Sale" section here on OT.
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic