OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I'm Pretty Much Convinced

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm Pretty Much Convinced
    Posted: February/12/2008 at 17:19
That the nosler custom brass is indeed norma contract brass. Thats whay as soon as nosler custom brass appears for a chambering that norma never produced brass for they suddenly do. It also explains how nosler can get the tight weight tolerances they do with the custom brass. I notice that in the new competitor catalog that 260 and 7mm-08 brass just appeared in norma.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 17:20
hmm good one, i am intrested to try there brass out, i didnt know norma did .264 win brass either
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 17:28
The one that will put it over the top is if the 208AI suddenly shows up from norma.

Focus

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 17:56

Focus, I already read in the Feb 2008 issue of Handloader that in deed Norma is going to offer 280AI brass, go figure Excellent

Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 18:12
That would pretty much make it certain, norma is contracting brass for nosler and producing the much praised custom brass. Thanks Lucytuma I figured that would be the litmus test, no other reason to get into that chambering unless they were already producing it.

Focus

Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 18:15
Ahhhhh.....you be right Lucytuma.......my new m-i-d-w-a-y catalog that arrived today has the norma 280AI brass for sale in it.

Focus

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 19:32
they do make good brass for sure
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 07:06
Yes they do, once in a while a soft batch gets out on em' but not very often. I do prefer lapua over norma on a head to head comparison but consider both to be another level over the factory produced win - rem - fed. Wonder who is producing hornadys new select brass? Bet its also norma.......

Focus

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 07:59
im pretty sure it is dave, the problem i have with lapua is that they dont really make brass for anything i shoot, were nosler now does almost everything i shoot
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 18:40
Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

That the nosler custom brass is indeed norma contract brass. Thats whay as soon as nosler custom brass appears for a chambering that norma never produced brass for they suddenly do. It also explains how nosler can get the tight weight tolerances they do with the custom brass. I notice that in the new competitor catalog that 260 and 7mm-08 brass just appeared in norma.

Focus

Makes sense to me.  All I know is the Nosler Custom brass is good stuff!  I haven't used a ton of it, but what I have used was very uniform, almost Lapua-like.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 13:55
yeah that says it all....lapua like.....the good brass just looks, feels, and has uniformity like nothing else. Lapua seems to reload forever if your loads aren't scorching hot. Now all my favorites are available in the high priced spread.......

Focus

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 14:01
Yup Lapua is the bomb, and there is no initial case prep either, I just neck size them and load them up.  Norma brass is awesome as well.  I like it just as well.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic