OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski rail mounts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnhunter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski rail mounts?
    Posted: February/11/2008 at 18:46
Thoughts or reports on the swarovski rail to mount a scope.
antleraddiction View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antleraddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 22:05
Think it will be one of the good ideas that never comes be accepted, at least in the US.  I've done some research and the concept seems to be great.  After speaking to several dealers while shopping for a Z6, they say they can't give any rail mount scpoe away, even at cost.  Although, I like the concept, most likely not a good idea for resale if that is important to you. 
antleraddiction View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antleraddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 22:07
Sorry for my "concept" of the English language in the above post, sometimes my mind is faster than my fingers...........Whacko
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:39
the reason it will never be used in the us is just like most things euro-- over priced  and trade protected.  if they worked that well and in demand somebody by the name of bushnell would already be doing it. The concept of buying an extra expensive scope, with the rail to far forward, no less, (in order to get the scope back over the receiver enough to be useful --dare I say Blazer) then to be used on a lot of other expensive guns (dare I say blazer) doesn't float. why would an area with the wilderness land mass greater than africa (don't quote me) be particularly interested in hunting techniques not suited to this continent. (I'm being particularly kind here)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic