OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

7mm remington ultra mag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 10:39
Light%20It%20Up ah the plot thickens
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 11:01
got my new 2008 rem catalog today and i noticed that rem is chambering the .257wby in 2 of there m700's one in the cdl sf and one in the lss too intresting .257wby must be making some noise.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 11:04

Double posting...........oops

Edited by tahqua - February/12/2008 at 11:11
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 11:04
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

.257wby must be making some noise.

That, it certainly does
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 13:38
im thinking if i buy this one i will shoot primarily 140gr or 150gr bullets for whitetail, i have looked at some bullets and im not sure what bullets i would use, leaning towards partition or something like that, im going to be throwing a 140 out there around 3300-3500 fps most likely so its got to be a sturdy bullet, the accubonds wont handle that speed according to noslers web page they rate them to like 3100fps or 3200fps somewhere in there. the 150's if i need to go that route looks like from 3000-3300 fps so once again a sturdy bullet is probably needed here as well.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:12
         Bandito           that's how ah knows all about them Texicans......they were the ones that made me "go wrong" and I wound up in the oilfield!

They were the first ones to show me changing directions on the interstate by turnin' around on the grass median. They were the ones that led me to Perdition by havin' drive-thru liquor stores that sold you a coke set-up with yer bottle of rum!!! They were the ones that made me "go bad".......when that Deputy Sheriff stopped me fer speedin' and I had to put my rum and coke on the console to sign the ticket...and he said: " How much have you had to drink?" and I ( bein' a Christian farm boy..) said: " Oh, about half a bottle." and the Deputy said " Well, you better be careful." !! Yessir, them Texans ruint me for sure!!  

I knows all abouts them Texans......Wal, I even married one!! and she was part Cherokee and she ruint me, too!!!

We'll have to keep a eagle eye on RifleDude, folks.....HE'LL RUIN US FER SURE!! Why, I bet he eats okra and black eyed peas on New Years!!           Shocked         --Ed

( Hell, I had to go to Wyoming just to GET AWAY from THEM!!)

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:15
that works until deer season then they show up again!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:21
Yep, but they skedaddle when you mention SNOW and Forty Below Zero...........heh...heh....               Wink
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:22
or tell them town is out of bud light
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:23
...unless they're from Dalhart.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:26

so you havent ever shot it have you?

Yes, the recoils not bad at all but it's on a Sendero which is a heavy rifle and it's nothing compared to my brother's 300 rum . Yikes
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:26
hmm dalhart, i knew some people who left from the town in wyoming where i grew up to move to dalhart tx
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:27
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

so you havent ever shot it have you?

Yes, the recoils not bad at all but it's on a Sendero which is a heavy rifle and it's nothing compared to my brother's 300 rum . Yikes
that sendero is a pound heavier not that that should matter much i will run the recoil calc real quick here
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:29
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Bandito           that's how ah knows all about them Texicans......they were the ones that made me "go wrong" and I wound up in the oilfield!

They were the first ones to show me changing directions on the interstate by turnin' around on the grass median. They were the ones that led me to Perdition by havin' drive-thru liquor stores that sold you a coke set-up with yer bottle of rum!!! They were the ones that made me "go bad".......when that Deputy Sheriff stopped me fer speedin' and I had to put my rum and coke on the console to sign the ticket...and he said: " How much have you had to drink?" and I ( bein' a Christian farm boy..) said: " Oh, about half a bottle." and the Deputy said " Well, you better be careful." !! Yessir, them Texans ruint me for sure!!  

I knows all abouts them Texans......Wal, I even married one!! and she was part Cherokee and she ruint me, too!!!

We'll have to keep a eagle eye on RifleDude, folks.....HE'LL RUIN US FER SURE!! Why, I bet he eats okra and black eyed peas on New Years!!           Shocked         --Ed

( Hell, I had to go to Wyoming just to GET AWAY from THEM!!)

Sounds lack some a dem fellers done learnt you up raht proper-like and showd yew how to be all s'fisticated lack the restuvus!  Now, yew have a r'sponsbility to learn dem yankees up 'ere the propr ways as well!

Remember, "he needed killin' " is a legitimate defense!

Dem okra and black eyed peas ain't just for New Years n'more!Bandito
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:31
that extra pound knocks of about 3ftlbs of recoil out is all so instead of the 29ftlbs out of the rifle i am looking at you only felt 26ftlbs, so thats not so bad my 300wsm made 31.30ftlbs with a 180 gr bullet.  step up to a 150gr bullet an it goes to 29.76ftlbs go to a 160gr 29.8ftlbs

Edited by pyro6999 - February/12/2008 at 15:37
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:31

hmm dalhart, i knew some people who left from the town in wyoming where i grew up to move to dalhart tx

I'm well familiar with Dalhart.  That's near where I go to shoot prairie rats over in the Texline / Clayton, NM area a couple times a year.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:33
higgins was there last name, ted and suzy i believe they had three kids then catherine kristen and j.t
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:41

whats the recoil comparable to? i realize its close to a 7stw but i havent shot one of those either, looking for something to compare the felt recoil with
.................................................If you had some recoil problems with your 300 WSM being too harsh, I don`t think you`ll find too much difference with the 7mm RUM given the same weight rifle!!...............
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:44
actually the 7mm will be a pound and a half heavier because its got a 26" barrel and yes they will be within a couple of pounds on the recoil, but im sick of you calling me a pussy so i am going to buy one and buck up and not bitch about the recoil any more! so you know what as of now, you can bring that .375 challenge i'll take it! i  aint scared, whats a bruise and some missing teeth?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 15:51

actually the 7mm will be a pound and a half heavier because its got a 26" barrel and yes they will be within a couple of pounds on the recoil, but im sick of you calling me a pussy so i am going to buy one and buck up and not bitch about the recoil any more! so you know what as of now, you can bring that .375 challenge i'll take it! i  aint scared, whats a bruise and some missing teeth?
.............Here,,,,puddy,,,puddy,,,puddy,,,puddy,,,puddy,,,puddy,,,puddy!!!!...........What will a 7mm RUM do, that your new 264 Win. Mag. can`t do? Or even your 300 Win. Mag?................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic