OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

7mm remington ultra mag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7mm remington ultra mag
    Posted: February/11/2008 at 16:13
does anybody here have one?? tell me about it if you do
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 16:22
My cousin has one, it's a remy700 Sendero, 7mm rum. He's has just about every 7mm configuration possible but he's only been using his 7mm rum for the past 6 years or so. I think he likes it. Wink
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 17:14
so you havent ever shot it have you?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 19:10
Had an opportunity to shoot one at bear  camp a year and a half ago. It was a Rocky Mountain  Remington 700 stainless. It shot like my 300 Ultramag- around an inch with no fussiness ..but kicks  noticeably less.  The owner likes it , and had taken a few head of deer with it. He blanked on the bear thing (  got eaten up by skeeters and gave up early when he had an allergic reaction ) ...

Edited by martin3175 - February/11/2008 at 19:10
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 20:41
whats the recoil comparable to? i realize its close to a 7stw but i havent shot one of those either, looking for something to compare the felt recoil with
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 08:03
similar to a 180gr 30-06 ..not really that bad at all...the limbsaver pad helped..
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 08:08
I Shot a 7rum one time and it wasn't bad at all. If I remember right the 7rum was just short of a 300wm. It was very tolerable.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 08:15
hmm sounds like i should be able to handle it then, thanks guys!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 08:42
Skeeters.........Down in Houston they're SO BIG that after they bite you and suck out yer blood,........they knock you down and take yer wallet!!!         ( that's a Texas joke.....I bet Rifledude has got a million of 'em.....but you can't believe NUTHIN' He sez....cuz he's from TEXAS!!!!)       Bandito
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 08:54
the mosquitos here are big enough they can carry you away! you can actually shoot them out of the air with a .410!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 09:49
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

.....I bet Rifledude has got a million of 'em.....but you can't believe NUTHIN' He sez....cuz he's from TEXAS!!!!      Bandito

NOT TRUE PODNAH!  Everthang a Texan sez should be taken as the GOSPEL! 

Yeah we got skeeters down here all right!  The mockingbird just barely edged out the skeeter as the state bird!  Not too long ago, I dun saw a skeeter what had 9 ticks on it!  Shot that sumbich, BBQ'ed it... tasted like chicken.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 09:50
im still trying to decide if the barrel burner factor should be an issue, this one i could certainly see it happening, not like a 220 swift, but more like a 257 wby or a .264 win mag
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 09:51
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

.....I bet Rifledude has got a million of 'em.....but you can't believe NUTHIN' He sez....cuz he's from TEXAS!!!!      Bandito

NOT TRUE PODNAH!  Everthang a Texan sez should be taken as the GOSPEL! 

Yeah we got skeeters down here all right!  The mockingbird just barely edged out the skeeter as the state bird!  Not too long ago, I dun saw a skeeter what had 9 ticks on it!  Shot that sumbich, BBQ'ed it... tasted like chicken.
Bucky
roflmao!!! thats great ted!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 09:53
Hell, pyro, you damn near need a 7 RUM to kill one of our skeeters!  But be sure before you do that you buy a non-resident huntin' license, 'cause the fines are higher'n giraffe $#%*& if the game warden catches you with one without the tag properly attached to the carcass!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 09:54
same goes for here to, we acutally call them minnesquitos up here
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 09:59
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

same goes for here to, we acutally call them minnesquitos up here

SHEEEEEEAAAATTTT!  One of our skeeters would eat one of yore skeeters and it wouldn't even amount to a light snack!  One of our skeeters will take down a cow, easy! 
Ted

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 10:04
whats a cow?? all of ours got ate up years ago!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 10:08
you know one thing i noticed about this caliber is that every m700 chambered for it hs the same overal weight, no matter if its wood or composite stock, i wonder why? you would think they would make the wood a little heavier
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 10:08

Skeeters.........Down in Houston they're SO BIG that after they bite you and suck out yer blood,........they knock you down and take yer wallet!!!         ( that's a Texas joke.....I bet Rifledude has got a million of 'em.....but you can't believe NUTHIN' He sez....cuz he's from TEXAS!!!!)       Bandito

Whistling
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2008 at 10:29

Whistling

HMMMM, I seem to recall you told me the following not too long ago:

"In all, I have lived in Texas a total of seventeen years since 1970. My youngest daughter was born in Kilgore. Texas is just like home to me. "

Comments?...
Ted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic