OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Kahles owner...thanks guys!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bang_off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Kahles owner...thanks guys!
    Posted: February/09/2008 at 19:36
Hi all, first post and all that.Big%20Grin

I recently started looking for some euro optics to go on my new Steyr. I came across a Kahles AH scope and started to do some research. After a couple of google searches it seemed that  opticstalk.com was coming up a disproportionately high amount of times.

Thanks to all the info you provided on these forums I made the jump and bought the scope.

I am very happy with it. It's an AH 3.5-10x50 and should suit the .308 Steyr perfectly.Cool

One question I do have relates to the scope covers supplied. The one for the Objective fits like a glove, but the one for the ocular bell is a very tight squeeze to get on and seems like it is a couple of mm undersized. Is this normal?

TIA
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2008 at 19:48
Welcome aboard!

With the cover, as long as it fits, it should work fine.  If it is a tight fit, that just means there is less of an opportunity for it to come off at the wrong time.

ILya
bang_off View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bang_off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2008 at 18:03
The rear cover just does not seem to be a precision article like the rest of the scope. The aperture is at least a couple off mm smaller than the lens, too. Seems like a strange way to do things.Whacko

However, it's not detracting from my satisfaction with the scope.Cool
TheDrakeTaker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDrakeTaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 00:56
could be the wrong size, that doesn't look right.  My cover fits tight on the ocular but it doesn't interfere with anything.
Robert
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2008 at 06:14
Looks like the wrong rear scope cover, needs to be a size larger. You can tell looking at it that the rubber is stretched out just to fit.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic