OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Handgun Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope or Reddot for T/C Encore 45-70

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handcannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope or Reddot for T/C Encore 45-70
    Posted: November/16/2004 at 01:07
I recently purchased a T/C Encore pistol in 45-70 and was looking to find a red dot or scope that could be able to handle the recoil of it.  So far I broke a Bushnell Trophy red dot, a Leupold Gilmore red dot, and a Simmons 2x scope. I was wondering if any of you had advice for me? 
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2004 at 16:22

i wouldnt trust anything but a EOtech, or Gilmore. my uncles Herret trashed a aimpoint.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2004 at 12:32

The U.S. Army signed a contract with Aimpoint guaranteeing the purchase of 80,000 (with the option of purchasing an additional 20,000) Aimpoint Comp M electronic reflex sights and associated mounts for the M16A2 rifle and M4A1 carbine. Aimpoint sights now become the primary aiming systems for these two military firearms.

As the choice of the U.S. Army and elite forces around the world, Aimpoint sights offer high performance, military-proven technology and rugged durability. Aimpoint's both-eyes-open, heads-up, rapid target acquisition and superior accuracy deliver unmatched precision for a variety of applications.

After 18 months of rigorous testing, only one red dot sight earns the U.S. Army's seal of approval -- AIMPOINT! The U.S. Army dropped, baked, froze, and submerged sights from leading manufacturers during an eighteen month testing period to determine which sight could withstand the most punishing military conditions. After outscoring the competition in both operational and developmental testing, Aimpoint sights are the only sights chosen for the U.S. Army contract. Aimpoint sights are not only the choice of the U.S. Army, but the U.S. Special Forces, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, S.W.A.T. teams, and elite military units around the world.

Unmatched performance, proven durability, and the only 10 year warranty in the business.

AIMPOINT

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2005 at 13:47
I have a 1X Burris on my TC Encore 45-70 and I really like it with its FOREVER warrantry. I have an aimpoint on a TC Encore 50 cal blackpowder and that works just fine too. As for the EOTech I have heard a lot of good about the EOTech and a big plus is that you can get one that runs on AA batteries as the batteries for aimpoint are a little hard to find.   I will also note that I do not like the Burris 3-12x that I have on my 15 in ..308 bbl. due to short eye relief at higher powers.  The 1X has unlimited eye relief.  The big difference is the size of the dot in the two different red dots 1MOA  ve 4MOA

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2005 at 12:15
Don't even try a Simmons.  If you want a regular scope, go with Burris or Leupold.  Burris has held up fine through lots of rounds in my .454 Casull.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2006 at 12:31
200424 Burris 1x Short Mag Rifle Scope Burris 1x Short Mag Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Plex
  • 1"
SWFA: $185.95

Advice: Reload the 300 HPT and stay away from the 350 flat nose Speer loaded hot it hurts too much.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic