OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Parallax setting on Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 358hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parallax setting on Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8
    Posted: February/07/2008 at 18:33
Anyone know the parallax setting on this scope?

http://www.swfa.com/pc-6703-259-zeiss-25-8x32-conquest-rifle-scope.aspx

The SWFA site doesn't show a value?  I see other sites, that use the exact same part number for the scope, claim it is 50 yds. 
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 18:44
The zeiss site gives the parallax distance at 100yds. There is a 3x9x40 scope for shotguns that is parallax free at 50yds but in the non adjustable objective scopes all others are 100yds.

Magnification     
2.5-8 x

Effective objective lens diameter     
32 mm

Exit pupil     
12.8-4 mm

Twilight factor     
8.9 / 16

Field of view / 100 yds     
39.9 / 13.2 ft

Eyerelief     
4 in.

Dioptre adjustment range     
2 / -3 dpt.

Square adjustment path
(in./ 100 yds.)     

Adjustment per click / 100 yds     
0.25 inch

Parallax free      
100 yds

Standard reticles available     
2 - 4 - 20 - 21 - 57

Reticle in image plane     

Diamter objective tube     
38 mm

Diamter centre tube     
1 in.

Diameter eyepiece tube     
41 mm

Lenght     
12.2 inch

Weight      
13.75 oz.

Order-no.      

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
358hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 358hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 18:45
Thanks.  
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 18:52
Yep!..................Just saw on another site that it is 100 yards............A 2.5x8 going on your 358 BLR???............If so,, are you sure you want to do that??Say%20What 
358hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 358hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 18:58
Am I sure?  No.  Otherwise, I'd have already pulled the trigger.

I'd love a 1.5-5x28 Zeiss Conquest.  Unfortunately, they don't exist.  If you check the other thread, I'm still looking for different options.  The Weaver is still on my short list.  Big%20Smile

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 19:11
The 1.5-5 has a 38mm objective and the 2.5-8 a 32, go figure. I think the 2.5-8 Zeiss would compliment that Browning nicely. That would be a classy lever gun rig.
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 19:29
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

The 1.5-5 has a 38mm objective and the 2.5-8 a 32, go figure. I think the 2.5-8 Zeiss would compliment that Browning nicely. That would be a classy lever gun rig.
...................................Its easy to fall in love with Zeiss which would work. However IMO, a 2.5x8 variable has too little FOV on the low to high end and too much magnification for 358`s intended use; which is, 175 yards or less (most of the time; less) in denser or thicker terrain, mounted on a medium range rifle; a 358 Win. BLR!..........A 2.5x8 variable is more of a plains scope than a brush scope.........Complimenting a rifle is one thing and that`s a good thing. But get the proper variable for the hunting conditions.    Wink
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 19:35
I've used a fixed 4x forever in the dense woods without a problem. The FOV has never been a problem.
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 19:44
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

I've used a fixed 4x forever in the dense woods without a problem. The FOV has never been a problem.
..............................................I`m sure you won`t either! A 4x is fine! But a surprise within 50 yards or less? I`d take a 1x to 1.5x on the low end as a better choice. Faster to target and better FOV.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:00
aim down the barrel when they're that close
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:07
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yep! You can take the bolt out, look down the barrel and get the shot off.................Damn! You`re good Pyro! Will you teach me that one?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:08
you know what i mean, you aim down the side of the barrel when there close like that, when they get closer yet then you hip shoot
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:11

Big Grin!......good one pyro. I feel that 358 is a lot more than a 175 yd gun and I also feel a 2.5x8 would be a super little scope on it. Light and small with power for load work and the occasional longer shot if presented and plenty of fOV for closer shots. I hunt with a 3.5x10 scope in very dense cover up here in Maine, many of my deer shot at 50yds or less. Never had my 3.5x cost me a single deer in many years of hunting thick cover.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:14
well apparently some people here havent had a coyote close enough to kill with a knife, when they are that close even 1x is to much you gotta improvise, and aiming down the barrel has been used more than once, and you usually gotta wipe your butt when they get that close!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:15

you know what i mean, you aim down the side of the barrel when there close like that, when they get closer yet then you hip shoot
..............................................Well! You can try to be accurate when doing that. I`ll just use the quick to target 1x to 1.5x on the low end,,,,,WITH ACCURACY!!................Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
358hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 358hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:19
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

Complimenting a rifle is one thing and that`s a good thing. But get the proper variable for the hunting conditions.    Wink

Squeeze,

Trust me that's what I'm trying to do.  As I mentioned in the other thread, 95% of my hunting is sitting on a log or in a tree stand with most of the activity in low light conditions. In those conditions, I'll have whatever scope I have set to 2.5-3 power.  At that point, I want the best 2.5-3x power scope I can reasonably afford.  So to me, if a $400 or $500 scope is "better" than a $150-$200 scope, I'm going to seriously consider it.  If we were still "driving" deer in PA, I'd be much more concerned with how quickly I could get a shot off.

Thanks again for sharing your insights with me. 
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:23
Originally posted by 358hunter 358hunter wrote:

Complimenting a rifle is one thing and that`s a good thing. But get the proper variable for the hunting conditions.    Wink

Squeeze,

Trust me that's what I'm trying to do.  As I mentioned in the other thread, 95% of my hunting is sitting on a log or in a tree stand with most of the activity in low light conditions. In those conditions, I'll have whatever scope I have set to 2.5-3 power.  At that point, I want the best 2.5-3x power scope I can reasonably afford.  So to me, if a $400 or $500 scope is "better" than a $150-$200 scope, I'm going to seriously consider it.  If we were still "driving" deer in PA, I'd be much more concerned with how quickly I could get a shot off.

Thanks again for sharing your insights with me. 
............................................................................Just thinking of ALL possibilities!..........Good luck! 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:23
squeeze at 8 ft 1x aint going to work it will still be nothing but a brown blur, you need to hunt more my friend, not just deer either
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
358hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 358hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:26

..........................................................................Just thinking of ALL possibilities!..........Good luck! 

Thanks.  I'll need it.

Part of my problem is that I'm an engineer by trade.  That means there is no decision that I won't over analyze. 
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 20:26

squeeze at 8 ft 1x aint going to work it will still be nothing but a brown blur, you need to hunt more my friend, not just deer either
........................At 8',,,,,I`d have my un-scoped revolver out!!!..................Gotcha! A curve ball there???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic