OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Desert Tactical Arms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desert Tactical Arms
    Posted: February/06/2008 at 10:04
Check these rifles out. 
http://deserttacticalarms.com/index.html

Cmshoot over at snipersparadise checked them out at shot and sounded pretty impressed with them.  They will be going for about $3500 and they claim they will all shoot .5MOA.  About the same price as a good custom rig.  The biggest downside is my Remmy VS with very little custom work shoots .5MOA and it only cost me $850.  Still looks like a great rifle though, I am really liking the bullpup design.  I think my next rifle purchase will be one of those MSAR STG 556 rifles. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2008 at 10:26
Nice site, and interesting guns. The only bull pups I have experience with had mushy triggers. I would like to see how they do it with their design.

Thanks, Super
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2008 at 10:29
all i can say damn that .338lm is huge!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2008 at 10:38
Cmshoot said the trigger was fully adjustable, you can even change it from single stage to 2 stage.  He said is was very comfortable to lay down on top of and even though the bolt was about 4 to 5 inches back from a normal gun it was still very easy to use and very smooth.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2008 at 10:43
ive shot the barret bullpup and that wasnt so bad,its weird to  look at
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2008 at 20:47
 Very cool system, but I simply cringe at the thought of having to fire a braked .338 LM
 with the muzzle that close to my face. I honestly don't think I could force myself to squeeze the trigger.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2008 at 22:13
It would be a .308 for me.  I bought a 300 WSM precision rifle that has a break on it and I know what you mean, the shock wave is intense.  I cannot imagine a .338.
In March I am headed down to Front Sight for the Precision rifle class and I am going down a day early to play with one of the instructors.  He has a .50 and a .338 Lapua, I can't wait to try them out. 

ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2008 at 21:50
I was at the range the other day shooting my 243 when I was knocked sideways from the muzzle blast next to me.  The guy was shooting a 338 LM.  I had to move down quite a few lanes.  
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2008 at 10:34
nasty creature ask mike mcdonald about his experience with one sometime
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic