OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Good 308 Scope and 308 Drop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YWHIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good 308 Scope and 308 Drop
    Posted: February/05/2008 at 21:20
Hi.

I have 2 rifles both 308

One is a Savage 10PD with 26" Barrel (Bolt) the other is a RAA Saiga (Semi) with 21.8" barrel

I plan on shooting Federal Match 168's, Hornandy Match 168's  or standard M118LR 175's for both for long-range work and was wondering about the DROP for the .308's

I have an ok scope 6-24x44 IR with MIL-DOT rec. on it. and was trying to figure out a simple way to do quick adjustments between say 200 yard and 500 yards using the Mil-Dots to figure the drop so I can 'count the dots' and shoot vs. re-adjusting every time.

I know each MIL = 3.6"/100 yards so I need to know the bullet drop (if any) for these type of loads.

Any help would be great and I'm sure some other newbies out there have the same questions.

noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 21:43
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 21:55

you need to chrono you loads-- then use a program  the web site is at the bottom and it is free

YWHIC View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YWHIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 22:16
Thanks Dale. I plugged in the numbers and sub'd out the results for inches and mils so now I got my 'DOT COUNT' more or less for the distance/range. Thanks guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic