OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedNikon 6x42???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:33
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

at least you are willing to let them try! some of your buddies dont seem so willing

I'm the one who picks my buddies.  No one else does it for me.

Steve
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:35

I would like to correct a few things in my personal grammar. When I said we did not advertise I meant we did not campaign this item as in through e-mails, banners, flyers, and so fourth. Of course we have our price listed on our website that was not what I meant. I did not say it was anyone elses fault I said we would not have sold near as many if it was not for that post I did not accuse anyone for being responsible. We completely take responsibility for our actions and we will get you taken care of if you give us the chance. Again I apologize for this incovenience.

One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:39
Originally posted by Wally Wally wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

at least you are willing to let them try! some of your buddies dont seem so willing

I'm the one who picks my buddies.  No one else does it for me.

Steve
ok let me re-phrase that then, some of your fellow members at campfire  arent so willing
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:39
All you have to do is go over to the campfire and read the thread. You soon realize some peoples worlds apparently crumble if they can't get a $100 discontinued scope. Some posters on here posted on it too....hmmmmm. One of the mods should lock this thread, nothing good will come of it.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:40
I ordered a 4x40 and was notified that it was not in stock but they should be getting more in. I have COMPLETE faith in the guys/gals at SWFA - so i'll just wait on the backorder.

trust me, at that price, and even the normal price - those little fixed power scopes are great.

my 2 cents.

nothing fishy was going on - they are actually a very well run company and have treated me very well.

J
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:44
Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

All you have to do is go over to the campfire and read the thread. You soon realize some peoples worlds apparently crumble if they can't get a $100 discontinued scope. Some posters on here posted on it too....hmmmmm. One of the mods should lock this thread, nothing good will come of it.

Focus
im sure its coming when chris reads it i bet it will get locked cause your right!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 16:03

This thread will not be locked at this point. We are still informing the community and want to hear what they have to say. Locking this thread will serve no purpose. We plan to stand face to face and resolve whatever problems there are. There will be no closing of any doors at this point. We want to hear what our customers have to say!!!!! We value your opinions positive or negative. Because with your opinions lets us know how to fix problems and grow and become stronger as individuals and as a company. A company is nothing without valued customers!

One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
younghunter86 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 16:05
Wow, I normally only sit on the bench watching and never play, but I thought I would comment on this.

I ordered a 4X40 last week. I was surprised at the price. Notified about the back order no big deal, even if they weren't going to get any more in it was worth a try getting one hell of a deal on a good scope.

What I don't understand is the backlash, at SWFA? They didn't bill your card and if they run out so what? You can try to order one from someone with them in stock and pay a lot more.  
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 16:26
Tagged...
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 16:33
So, Mr. Nelson (a.k.a. Gaviidae_Esq), since you evidently signed on here for the sole purpose of bashing SWFA without first putting forth the same amount of effort into checking the facts via a simple phone call that you obviously put into consolidating a buch of unsubstantiated bitching, are you now going to do the right thing and pass along Chris Farris II's comments?  How would you like it if you were a business owner and someone went off half-cocked and did the same to you?  Remember, your comments on the internet can potentially be read by tens of thousands of people around the world, and the reader has no way of knowing whether or not the complaints have any merit.   You were more than willing to recklessly trash a reputable business, potentially doing harm to people's livelihood without knowing all the facts, and publicly make an ass of yourself in the process, so can we now assume you're planning to put the same zeal into posting a correction at 24 hour campfire?

I trust that you have a fully functional conscience and will now do the honorable thing by owning up to your mistake and make things right over there, correct?

Edited by RifleDude - February/05/2008 at 16:35
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
357mag View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 17:27
Boo%20Hoo

I just briefly cruised the thread on 24HR and if it is any indication as to the mentality of that community I don't think SWFA will be at much of a loss.

I'm not the sharpest Crayon in the box but even I could understand these facts.
  1. SWFA marked down discontinued inventory.
  2. SWFA sold more than they had over the weekend while they were closed.
  3. SWFA took them off their site Monday.

What is really sad is the lack of comprehension and the ridiculous tactics employed by the those that did not get one.  IE:  Contacting Nikon or claiming SWFA did a bait and switch.  Google bait and switch if you don't know what this tactic is, what SWFA did is not even close and what in the world do these people expect to gain by attacking customer service at Nikon?  What do they plan to tell Nikon?  They are even claiming false advertising and class action law suits over on 24HR, now that is really funny.  I would love to be a fly on the wall at the attorney's office that they plan to contact.

It is also somewhat ironic that the ones that are crying are the ones that actually created the situation.  Many of the posters on 24HR posted that they ordered more than one which really ate up SWFA's inventory quickly.  The thread over there is up to 8 pages with close to 2,000 views. 
Beating%20a%20Dead%20Horse

In this modern age of technology good news travels fast and great news travels even faster.  I don't see how anyone could blame SWFA for doing anything wrong in this case.  I can understand being frustrated because the deal was so good and I missed it, but such is life.  Wait for the next deal and be quicker to the punch.
Cheers
I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 17:33
How deafening the sound of silence, eh?  
(chirp..chirp...chirp)

Yo Wally...If you need any more help posting pictures of your gear in SWFA's Optics For Sale Forum...(You remember, the FREE one SWFA allows you to post your own gear on) Shocked  you just give me shout, right?

Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 17:37
Well put 357, you only need to read the responses to figure out whats happening, guess a lot of guys will need time to cope with life after this set back. Just not enough $100 nikons to go around.....

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Wally View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 17:45
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

How deafening the sound of silence, eh?  
(chirp..chirp...chirp)

Yo Wally...If you need any more help posting pictures of your gear in SWFA's Optics For Sale Forum...(You remember, the FREE one SWFA allows you to post your own gear on) Shocked  you just give me shout, right?

Thanks Cheaptrick
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 17:55
And the amazing part about it is, the real source of their bitching is about nothing more than being incapable of handling disappointment like grown-ups!  SWFA had a legitimate ad for a legitimate product they had in stock.  There was a limited supply of said product because Nikon quit making it.  Since it's a discontinued item, it's first come, first served and once they're gone, that's it.  Those that got the jump on the remaining product got a scope.  THOSE THAT DIDN'T WERE NOT CHARGED ANYTHING FOR PRODUCT THEY DIDN'T RECEIVE, so they suffered NO MONETARY LOSS!!!  So, what's the problem? 

People actually think someone owes them simply because they suffered disappointment, cannot accept a clear, logical explanation, and have zero concept of the realities of running a business that depends on shipments from suppliers.  I'm at a loss as to why SWFA is being castigated for selling all the scopes that Nikon ships them.Loco
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 18:15

I was being facetious, Wally.

I don't know these other whine asses over at 24, but YOU have come here to SWFA's forum, fellowshipped with us, exchanged ideas and opinions, given, taken, posted your gear on the for sale forum at SWFA's expense and YOU jumped on the band wagon and talked smack about terminating relations with SWFA too???

You've been a great member here, Steve. That's why I find your post  from there so disappointing.
And WHY did the OP decide to post your response from the feeding frenzy, I wonder?? Hmmmm....Curious.    

Wally

I started buying a few things from SWFA about a year ago. There website was convenient. Also at the time I lived close to them, and I would get things overnight by UPS ground. That was really handy for rings, bases, etc. I think that is going to change drastically. Too many other good people out there to buy from........like Doug. ;%5C%29

Steve

That is your post right, Steve?

Gaviidae_Esq. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 18:21
Mr. Ted,

Please note that I passed along Chris Farris II's comments and explanations almost immediately upon receiving them.  The forwarding of the comments from 24HCF were for the sole purpose of informing SWFA of the reaction over there and to see what they can and will do about it.

If you believe that there is no such thing as bad publicity, SWFA is in great shape.  Particularly given the opportunity to turn disappointed (and many first time customers - such as myself) into consumers that respect their way of doing business - especially if this is handled well.  I related this to Chris Farris II in a pm.

I also offered the purely constructive criticizm that next time they post such items on their "Sample List" - which appears to have been designed for discontinued and close-out bargains such as this, rather than on the main price list which implies access to substantial quantities of product.

My intent is not and never has been to trash SWFA, rather to alert them to the issue (which phone calls to customer service were apparantly not accomplishing) and encourage a proactive response.  IMHO the best venue for this is on "their turf" - the vendor's home board.

FWIW, I may be spoiled by the information age where internet vendors seem to have integrated their ordering and inventory so the doors close when the product is out and backorder is offered as an instant option a/k/a competitor.

If I do get a Monarch for a C note plus shipping, GREAT.  But whether or not I do, I want to see those that ordered get the opportunity for a good value on a comparable product and walk away happy with the vendor. That is BETTER - at least from the standpoint of seeing a company handle adversity and make lemonade out of the situation.

Respectfully,

Blair W. Nelson

a/k/a Gaviidae Esq.
Wally View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 18:28
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I was being facetious, Wally.

I don't know these other whine asses over at 24, but YOU have come here to SWFA's forum, fellowshipped with us, exchanged ideas and opinions, given, taken, posted your gear on the for sale forum at SWFA's expense and YOU jumped on the band wagon and talked smack about terminating relations with SWFA too???

You've been a great member here, Steve. That's why I find your post  from there so disappointing.
And WHY did the OP decide to post your response from the feeding frenzy, I wonder?? Hmmmm....Curious.    

Wally

I started buying a few things from SWFA about a year ago. There website was convenient. Also at the time I lived close to them, and I would get things overnight by UPS ground. That was really handy for rings, bases, etc. I think that is going to change drastically. Too many other good people out there to buy from........like Doug. ;%5C%29

Steve

That is your post right, Steve?

PM sent.........

Edited by Wally - February/05/2008 at 18:28
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 18:32
                            First off I don't have a dog in this fight! Just jumped over from 24 for some info . If the 6x42 is so popular why is it being discountinued? If Nikon's not coming out with a new version,maybe they should think twice about dropping this model. Sure seems the fixed power scopes are making a comeback. Heading to Nikon now to cast my vote for a new top of the line 4x40!

til later
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 18:49
it wasnt popular that why they discontinued it and thats why swfa dropped the price, which is why they sold more of that scope in two days than they had all year long! something you guys need to realize about the samplelist that are new here, the samplelist is made up of trade ins mostly, there are a few demo models and a few dealer models, and maybe a couple of discontinued scopes, not hundreds of them thats why it stayed on the main page if there were only like 5 of them they probably would have been on the samplelist.

357mag, man where the hell have you been weve missed you bro!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic