OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedNikon 6x42???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon 6x42???
    Posted: February/04/2008 at 21:10
SWFA have'em or not???
Gaviidae_Esq. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 10:17

It appears to be a bait and switch.

I ordered one this weekend and got an email that they were not in stock.  Apparently were NEVER in stock BUT SWFA got lots of "free" hits from folks accepting their offer to sell for 99.99.

Let's see what SWFA does to make this right ...

GE
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 10:23
here is my advice on this, call and talk to chris farris chris farris II or stephanie and they should be able to fix it, calling them is imperitive to getting a solution.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 10:34
This is what the 24HCF crew has gotten for their calls ...

RICKYD

I just called them. They have none in stock and don't have my order, although their        website said it went through. They also said they appeared to be still available but was not sure if they would get anymore and it would be a risk to assume they would. Now to call the credit card folks and be sure the charge does not go on my account. Once more, if it sounds to good to be true............. Oh well, it was worth a try!
WGM

I just called them also and got the same basic answer:

They said they do not have any in stock right now, and that this scope is a discontinued model (yah, we knew that)... and that they are trying to get some in to fill their orders. They 'expect' to have some in stock within the next few weeks, but don't know how many they will get, or exactly when they will get them. They also said that credit cards will not be charged until the item is in stock, and is shipped to that individual.

TERRIBLE business practice ...

GMONEY

Spoke to a gentleman and he said the same thing. On backorder, he doesn't know when they'll get them and cannot find out any info at all.

I then proceeded to tell him to update the website to illustrate this as folks are being misled and then he got chippy with me. Does not sound good fellas...

Reckon they'll get no more of my business if they pull what I think they're trying to do...

WALLY

I just called them. The girl on the phone said they had none in stock. I asked her where they were going to get these scopes, since they were discontinued models. She said she did not know, and they wouldn't learn anything for 3 weeks. %5C:o

She did say my card wouldn't be charged until the order is filled. For chits and grins I asked her if I could cancel my order later, if I changed my mind. She seemed to be more than happy to do that!

I started buying a few things from SWFA about a year ago. There website was convenient. Also at the time I lived close to them, and I would get things overnight by UPS ground. That was really handy for rings, bases, etc. I think that is going to change drastically. Too many other good people out there to buy from........like Doug. ;%5C%29

Steve

Same thing here. Called them about 8:30 a.m. as I was driving down to pick them up. The basic information is: 1.) the 4X and 6X are both discontinued models. 2.) they have neither in stock but have 63 of each model on order. 3.) they don't know when or if they will receive any of them or how many. 4.) all orders received will be filled as/if the scopes become available.

No, I didn't go ahead and order the rings and bases I was going to buy.

GOOSE2044

I just recieved an email notifying me that my scopes are on back order. After just one phone call I have determined that SWFA will not get my attention ever again. It's a very poor business practice to knowingly list back ordered items for sale as if the items are in stock. The associate made no attempt to keep my business or find an alternative solution. She didn't even say "I'm sorry." I'll have more fun spending my money elsewhere instead of waiting for the honyacks to fill a back order.

The question is ... "What will SWFA do to make this right" ...

GE

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 10:38
you have to talk to the people i stated to talk to chris isnt back from shot show yet i dont think so if you wait till later today or tomorrow he should be back, he is the man to talk to
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 11:20
Will call Chris tomorrow if he doesn't call first ...

Called Nikon Customer service and let them know about the situation too.  They appear concerned about vendors advertising unavailable products at blowout prices.

GE
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 11:51
Originally posted by Gaviidae_Esq. Gaviidae_Esq. wrote:

This is what the 24HCF crew has gotten for their calls ...

Why not talk to the owner of SWFA instead of airing a list of unsubstantiated claims.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 11:59
We only had a limited supply of these items but, we did have them in stock. Also our website does not list In stock or out of stock. It just lists the quantity you are ordering. We also will not charge your card unless your order ships so, why would we do a bait and swith when we would have nothing to gain. They were priced so low because they were discontinued. Which means when we run out there will be no more available. When we changed that price we did not intend on selling them that fast due to the fact we did not send out anything informing anyone about this sale. We had no clue about this until Monday morning becuase we were not here. I apologize about this we are looking into this as we speak. I will keep everyone posted. Again I apologize about this inconvenience. Someone outside of SWFA and Opticstalk posted about the sale. That one thread had over 1700 hits which may explain where a lot of these orders came from. You all have to understand this was just an unexpected misunderstanding. This was not meant to be a bait and switch or anything similar to that. We marked down our prices to sell them because we will not be getting anymore. We did not expect for this to happen. I apologize.

Edited by Chris Farris II - February/05/2008 at 12:28
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 12:03
I don't know what you expect to get out of this anyway, if they are out of stock they are out of stock. 
I had a couple complaints and problems with SWFA that has happened to me over the last couple years and took them to Chirs II and he made everything right and because of the way I was taken care of I will stand by them and support them.  They are a good company and do their best to please their customers and make things right, what more can you ask for. 
The whole non live inventory on their website, sure it is a little inconvenient, but if you just pick up the phone and call or send an email they will let you know very quickly if an item is in stock or not, then you can go from there. 
That fact that all you guys keep calling and asking the same question is just stupid, are you expecting to get a different answer and the scopes to just magically appear?  They don't have them so let it be or find someplace that does.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 13:37

We will be getting about 30 more from Nikon. We started this sale last week then over the weekend the number of orders was greater than the number of scopes we had coming. When we got here on Monday and noticed this we shut it down. We did not advertise this at all. Therefore we did not expect this to happen. I was informed of this from a customer that there was talk about it on a site called 24 hour campfire. The thread has over 1700 hits. This was a lot of the reason for the surplus of orders over the weekend. We are not sure who the 30 scopes will be going to at this point. You should all be informed of your orders individually via e-mail. I apologize about this incovenience.

One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
GeoW View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 14:30
Maybe some of us will be the lucky ones. Hopefully Nikon will look into this as they promissed and round up more scopes to restock your inventory. Certainly would help clean your shoe as you surely stepped in it..
GeoW
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 14:47
30 more sounds better than no more!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:16
Originally posted by GeoW GeoW wrote:

Certainly would help clean your shoe as you surely stepped in it..
GeoW

Okay, I gotta say this how the hell did they step in it.  Chris told you what happened, they had a huge surplus of orders over the weekend and no one was there to take the item off the site.  When they got to work Monday they took it off.  Period, done, what else can they do.   You guys have just created accounts to come on here and complain, why don't you just go complain somewhere else. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:17
what i dont get is why they are all pissed off, really, it was a close out item with a limited amount in stock, and it sold out, what can you do about it, when they are gone they are gone, nothing swfa can do about it.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Wally View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:21
Chris Farris II,

I have read and understand your explanation.  Apology duly noted, and on my part accepted.

Steve
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:25
hmm for some reason i dont believe any of you campfire guys at all, all you did was bitch about how bad swfa is on your site, and now you expect any of us to buy that! limited stock on discontinued items and a whole bunch of people find out about it what do you expect, its supply and demand, i never saw anything on swfas site saying they had unlimited stock in the 6x42, generally discontinued mean limited availibility.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:26
Ya, and then Chris makes an effort and gets 30 more of them coming so he can try and please some of them and they still complain.  Boo%20Hoo

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:28
class action law suit price fixing? wtf? swfa has the best every day prices anywhere!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Wally View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:29
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

hmm for some reason i dont believe any of you campfire guys at all, all you did was bitch about how bad swfa is on your site, and now you expect any of us to buy that! limited stock on discontinued items and a whole bunch of people find out about it what do you expect, its supply and demand, i never saw anything on swfas site saying they had unlimited stock in the 6x42, generally discontinued mean limited availibility.

I guess you can believe what you want.  Chris Farris II was good enough to explain the situation and apologize.  I believe his explanation and accept his apology.  My outlook on this deal has changed due to this.  Now I'm going to wait and see if I'm one of the lucky ones.  For me, this deal is now over.

Steve
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2008 at 15:30

at least you are willing to let them try! some of your buddies dont seem so willing

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic