OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rock River AR15 pics.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock River AR15 pics.
    Posted: November/14/2004 at 17:30

here some pics of my newest AR, who else got some???

hmmm....pics coming, things arent working...

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2004 at 20:45

sorry guys, my comp bugged out when i tried to post them, so im going to try to do it tomarrow from work on another comp.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2004 at 16:52

I got a Bushmaster Anniversary Modular. It's OK.

I sure like my bolt gun better, but it's fun to shoot. 

Get some pics up!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2004 at 21:17

im trying to, didnt have time today, had to installsome cabinets, and the same goes for tomarrow, but if i dont get around to it tomarrow, ill definently try for wednesday, nothing planned then.

cory

Boomholzer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomholzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2004 at 18:34
I just finished a Cavarly Arms AR.  I put a SWFA supplied 3200 10x40 mildot on it.
My next project, after Christmas will be a 20" 6.8SPC 
Ill see if I can find a pic.

Edited by Boomholzer
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomholzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2004 at 18:48
Here we go:  Nuttin fancy.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2004 at 21:59

nice...any AR is kool...lol...hows it shoot??? isnt the lower 1 peice, or sumthing???

cory

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomholzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2004 at 22:20
Originally posted by redneckbmxer24 redneckbmxer24 wrote:

nice...any AR is kool...lol...hows it shoot??? isnt the lower 1 peice, or sumthing???

cory

Yes, the lower is one piece, and it is plastic.  I don't prefer that CAV lower over the other A2 or CAR lowers I have.  But, it is interesting, somewhat different, and does shoulder very nicely.  The upper to lower fit is very tight, you need a punch to remove the pin.

I shot it for the first time this last Friday, shooting off a 12pack of caffiene-free Coke on the range bench. I really did'nt concentrate enough to quote any groupings but I was doing better with that shot per shot than with my Savage .308.
No issues through it's first 30rnd magazine.
With the scope zero'ed and mounted, my first shot was only 1" low and on center (windage wise) at 50yards!  No bore-site done or anything.

Edited by Boomholzer
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2004 at 19:06

yeah, i got lucky with my VXII on my LVSF, i put it on a sandbag on my dining room table, removed the bolt, and concetrated the bore on a lug nut on a wheel about 10 yards off, and zero'ed the socpe to it, and put a target out at 50 a few days later when i sighted it in, it was about 1/2" low... i thought i missed, it was dead on the black line of the target. moved out to 120 yards, and was absolutely dead on, so i raised it 1 inch, and left it.

cory

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic