OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kaibab Buck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaibab Buck
    Posted: January/31/2008 at 15:54
Check out this buck, the guy was sitting is his truck eating lunch and it walked right by.  It was taken on the Kiabab in AZ.  The word is people have spent over $40,000 in tags trying to get him for several years and no one has and this guy drew out a tag and just got lucky.  They say he shot it and it ran off and he did not even chase it, then he went home to Kanab Utah and told another guy about it who new the story of the buck so they went back and found the blood trail and tracked him and found him dead.  What a moron, I cannot believe he did not go after it, I would have chased it for a week. 

43 inches wide, a gross score of 240

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 16:36
WOW!  That's an awesome set of headgear!

AZ has not only some of the biggest mule deer anywhere, but some of the biggest bull elk as well!

The Kaibab is legendary for both.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 17:33
I would like to see a photo of that buck when it is all finished! Unbelievable!
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 17:35
 That is an absolutely fantastic buck. Thanks for posting that .  I love big buck stories and photos. What a loser that guy is though.
 Hard to imagine that the Kaibab  deer herd was almost wiped out by overpopulation and subsequent starvation/ disease years ago.
I don't remember the timeframe, though.  1950s maybe?

Speaking of big bucks, didn't Chris Farris just get back from Mexico for desert mulies?
 I thought he was going in mid January, but didn't see anything posted recently.
dunagan15 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunagan15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 22:06
what a rack on that big boy, I woud have lived in the woods a good week until I found it.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 04:43
Judging by the size of the moron I can understand why he acted the way he did. He is about 3 lunches ahead and 5 sh%t& behind. Of course he had to be eating lunch at the time of shooting it.
Nice buck but a waste on someone who does not appreciate the moment and opportunity.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 06:41
You just CAN'T beat luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 07:53
thats a dandy
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 09:35
8 wrote,
He is about 3 lunches ahead and 5 sh%ts behind. Of course he had to be eating lunch at the time of shooting it.

Thats a classic quote if i have ever heard one..

Yeah thats an awseome trophy no doubt.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 09:36
its a nice mulie but not the biggest i have ever seen
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 09:39
I have only seen pic's never seen one on the hoof.
I will one day.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 09:46
i havent seen one bigger in person either but the biggest deer ever killed in wyoming went 293 and 7/8
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 10:03
I would pass out if I seen something that big knowing i was fixing to take it.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 10:05
there hasnt been a deer like that taken in the state since 1923, thats when it was shot, the next closest deer was in the 280 class and that was in the 1940's not normal for sure
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 10:25
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I would pass out if I seen something that big knowing i was fixing to take it.

LOL, that reminds me of what my cousin did the first time he went hunting with me.  We were hunting up in the snow and there happened to be a buck that was a 1x4 probably 25 to 28 inches that I had been seeing for several years in the off season during the rut.  I was not hunting but just took him out and we were sitting up on this big ridge and we saw him running across the flat below us coming towards the ridge we were on.  So I told him to get in a good spot because he was going to come right to us, we were sitting in a little saddle of the ridge and a natural crossing point for the deer.  When he got to the bottom we could not see him anymore as he went into the oak.  So we sat there and all the sudden he came out right below us about 30 yards away from him.  My cousin and I were about 15 yards apart standing on different rocks.  Mark did not even see him and I was trying to whisper to him that the buck was right below him but he could not hear me and I new real soon the deer would see him and take off.  So I finally said louder Mark he is right there.  He finally saw him but the deer heard me as well.  He pulled his gun up and still had his scope on like 24x (he insists on using a high power scope instead of binos Whatever) so he had to hurry and turn it down.  Then he went to shoot and nothing happened because he had put the round in his chamber so slow and carefully and it did not cock the hammer.  By now the deer was a good 100 yards away and Mark was just freaking out, he looked at me like what do I do and I said chamber a new round, so he kept panicing and hit the floor plate latch and dumped all his ammo on the ground.  At that point I could do nothing but laugh, he was just a cussing and we just had to watch the deer disappear. 
It is a pretty funny story of buck fever, that I love to remind him about often Big%20Smile.

Edited by supertool73 - February/01/2008 at 10:26
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 10:27
good thing he unloaded his gun by accident, he might of hurt some one!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 11:16
Oh yeah buck fever.I have seen it make people not know to scratch there watch or wind there a$$.Those do make for some great stories and good times.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 11:20
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Oh yeah buck fever.I have seen it make people not know to scratch there watch or wind there a$$.Those do make for some great stories and good times.
Short shirt tails too!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Cyborg
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 11:22
yes sir,I have a few hanging around the old deer camp myself.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 12:37
I'm thinking we all do............. LOL

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic