OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The Many Uses of Vodka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Many Uses of Vodka
    Posted: January/29/2008 at 12:07
 I thought Vodka was for Martinis!

Who  knew?!!!!

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka.  The stuff dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the  lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the  vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on wine stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp,removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water into a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshing ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

And silly me!

I've only been drinking the stuff. Boozer
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 12:16
okay #12 and #13 were proven a myth by the myth busters a while ago i watched that one the rest may be true
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 12:29
Ditto That's me too Chris, now that I know of it's many applications I feel like a LUSH. LMAO
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 13:34
Lets' fast forward to the part about helpin' white people dance!
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 14:07
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 14:24
or as charles barkley would say.
man vodka leads to drunkimifiacation. i hate dat feeling da next mornin!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 16:38
2 through 15 seem like a wasting of good vodka, do the bees and wasps drink themselves to death?  The vodka over the tooth works good after you swallow the first pint.

Duce Cheers
Duce
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 16:50

We had a large amount of honey bees looking for a place to build a colony at my house.  They formed a large clump on a tree about the size of a football and there were hundreds more in the air swarming around.  We called a bee keeper to capture them and remove them before they built a colony.  The next day the ones that were in the air that he could not get started clumping up again on the same spot of the tree but about the size of a baseball.  I called him back and he said it was not enough to really mess with and he told me a insiders trick on how to kill them instantly.  Fill a sprayer with warm water and a little bit of dish washing detergent and spray the bees with it.  It killed them instantly.  I was amazed at how many there actually were in that small clump when it broke apart and they started hitting the ground.  He said something about the way bees breath and soap making it where they can't breath.  Works great and cost less than Vodka.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 17:02
i usually buy cans of raid and spray the nest with that, or if its in a tree branch and 12gauge with #8 works awesome as well
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 17:05

Raid does work well for small wasp nest but I would not recommend it for a large swarm of honey bees unless you have a bee suit and lots of cans.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 17:09
Me skwirtem bees and run real fast.  Bucky
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 17:16
like i said a 12 gauge works wonders large nests then you double fist it two cans of raid and then run like hell and hope they arent those africanized bees

Edited by pyro6999 - January/29/2008 at 17:20
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 17:26
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

I thought Vodka was for Martinis!

Vodka?? In a martini?!?!?!?  Shocked Surely you jest, Sir!!!
Maybe in Texas.......Wink

We are a little more civilized out East here.....Big%20Smile 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2008 at 17:29

yummy bombay saffire is yummy expensive sh*t!

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 02:43
Imagine washing your hair with vodka and then going for a job interview!!!
Optimus Prime View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
RMS Jr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 03:56
Vodka, it's not just for breakfast anymore.....Yep,%20Thought%20So
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 06:25

We had a large amount of honey bees looking for a place to build a colony at my house.  They formed a large clump on a tree about the size of a football and there were hundreds more in the air swarming around.  We called a bee keeper to capture them and remove them before they built a colony.  The next day the ones that were in the air that he could not get started clumping up again on the same spot of the tree but about the size of a baseball.  I called him back and he said it was not enough to really mess with and he told me a insiders trick on how to kill them instantly.  Fill a sprayer with warm water and a little bit of dish washing detergent and spray the bees with it.  It killed them instantly.  I was amazed at how many there actually were in that small clump when it broke apart and they started hitting the ground.  He said something about the way bees breath and soap making it where they can't breath.  Works great and cost less than Vodka.

That's a good one. I wonder if it works on hornets and wasps?
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 07:30
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

That's a good one. I wonder if it works on hornets and wasps?

Ya'll got more balls than me.I would tell him to come show me if it worked or not.
After spending 15 minutes ducking hornets in a swamp in south Ga ont time.I hate bee's and snakes.An old buddy of mind decided to take a rock and hit a hornets nest that was about 2 feet round.Well they wasn't very happy with him or me for that.Those little buggers are fast.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 20:12
I will have to try a few of those recipes. I DO KNOW that tequila WILL NOT take the wrong shoe polish off a pair of Tony Lamas, however. Smoking%20Bandit     --Ed
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 21:37
alcohol, solvents and detergents (aprotic solvents) reduce the surface tension on the inflexible outer core shell of insects, removing the water repellancy of the carbohydrate polymer structure-- allowing water to enter the organ areas and they drown. soak a burlap bag in motor oil ,light it in the area of the insects and the smoke will paralyze them long enough to work with them--I worked as a bee keeper in high school.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic