OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bushnell 3200 or Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bushnell 3200 or Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40?
    Posted: January/20/2008 at 22:16
What's the opin on bushnell 3200's? Apparently they made some for Browning and I can get the browning for about $200, that's approx $100 less than I can find the 3200 for. How would you compare the two?
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2008 at 09:34
I have a couple of the  3200's and the Brownings and like them alot for the money. The Brownings  do not have Rainguard though, but I believe the glass is just  a touch better.  
marvinbeaverdip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2008 at 11:52
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

I have a couple of the  3200's and the Brownings and like them alot for the money. The Brownings  do not have Rainguard though, but I believe the glass is just  a touch better.  
yeah, I read that too. I'm sure someone makes an add-on rainguard though, if I find I need one.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2008 at 21:16
OK, I'm a bonehead.. I thought "rainguard" was in reference to the sunshade that the 3200's ship with. Apparently it's a coating that the elite's have? Does someone make a sunshade for the browning?
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 13:16
Duct tape.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 15:41
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Duct tape.

but I already duct taped the scope to the gun. Won't that clash? Maybe just use a different color?
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 13:17
Yes......maybe you could use pantyhose for a sunshade......which could double for a log chain if you get your truck stuck.....Roll%20Eyes !!
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 18:38

Yes......maybe you could use pantyhose for a sunshade......which could double for a log chain if you get your truck stuck.....Roll%20Eyes !!

Sooo many good ideas! You should write a book.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 20:20
I think this http://www.swfa.com/pc-5133-117-nikon-40mm-buckmaster-sun-shade.aspx will work better than duct tape or panty hose.
OK hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 09:57
I don't know much about the Buckmaster but do own some 3200's and like them alot.  I don't think you would regret a purchase.  I was not aware the Browning version did not have raingard.  That is good information to know.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 19:17
"5000 PantyHose Uses For Dummies"    Bandito   Uhh....I only need 4999 more ideas and I can call my editor!!
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 21:12

"5000 PantyHose Uses For Dummies"    Bandito   Uhh....I only need 4999 more ideas and I can call my editor!!
coffee filters?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 21:13
Originally posted by OK hunter OK hunter wrote:

I don't know much about the Buckmaster but do own some 3200's and like them alot.  I don't think you would regret a purchase.  I was not aware the Browning version did not have raingard.  That is good information to know.
I bought the browning, and I have to say that I really like it. My brother in law has a monarch, and I actually thought my browning had a brighter view. At 15x, and his at 14x, I could certainly see more definition in the target than he could.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic