OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 Target model Q's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 Target model Q's
    Posted: January/17/2008 at 16:57
I am looking for a good quality scope to ride atop a new long range toy. I'm considoring the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 MC side parallax adj, mil-dot , target turrets.  Anyone have experience with these?  I'm concerned about repeatability in the turrets.  I like the smaller Conquests but have never twisted on one enough to see if it's truly reliable.
" I'll be your Huckleberry! "
-TOMBSTONE
exhogflyer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exhogflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2008 at 08:06
I have that exact scope mounted on a target .243 that is a real honey to shoot, use it normally for 200-600 yds.Its typical Zeiss, meaning incredible glass, razor sharp focus and adjustments, nice solid feeling turrets, and repeatability is perfect.You will not be dissappointed, I like Zeiss so much I have 4. Attached is a pic of my shooter....
State Arms Rebel .50 BMG
sorry, couldn't hear your shot
Treestand56 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treestand56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2008 at 16:50
Have used Zeiss on two guns and the Conquest is worth every penny. Very pleased and would not hesitate.

Treestand56
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2008 at 05:38
Zeiss lover too.............
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2008 at 18:53
I just put a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest on top of a new rifle. Made the mistake of putting it on 8x and compairing it to my Leupold VX III 6.5-20x50 on 8x one evening. Do you want to trade my Leupold for your Zeiss? I'll take the chance on the repeatabilityBucky
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2008 at 09:51
yeah, zeiss ANYTHING is better than most.  have no worries.

J
casaceli View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casaceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2008 at 17:13
Does anyone know if this scope has a way to lock the turrets in place for travel or while hiking covering some ground? Can you at least "rezero" the turrets after adjustment so a quick glance will tell you if you are on our not.

I am debating between this Zeiss and the Sightron SIII 6-24x50 for placement on a savage model 12 long range precision varminter single shot 22-250.
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 12:25
casaceli, I believe the target turrets have a screw to loosen and then pull the turret up, out of the adjustment system and turn to zero. Mine has target knobs on it, which just pull up and turn to reset. I have been happy with the tracking on my Conquest, but have not box tested it or anything yet. All I have done is sighted it in, but this took few shots, as I measured from my group to where I wanted to hit, and turned the turrets to put the next shot there. Thats where it went, so I asssumed the tracking to be pretty accurate. I have never heard a Conquest owner complain about much of anything, including tracking. Non Zeiss fans complain about the plastic turret caps, but I think they are easier to screw on than fine threaded aluminum caps, but you wont have any caps with target turrets.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic