OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Fujinon??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledge437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fujinon??
    Posted: January/16/2008 at 15:06
Hello all. I have two Fujinon scopes that I love. Has anyone else tried them or have any info on them? I know they are no longer made. I also have a Leupold VXII 3x9x40 and a B&L 3200 3x9x40 that I wil trade for Fujinons. Or, if someone would rather, I will buy your Fujinon from you for cash money. Thanks and take care.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 16:06
Welcome to The OT!

What type rifles are the two Fuji's mounted on?
I don't recall ever seeing one "live".
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
sledge437 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledge437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 19:25
I have 3x9x42 on a Marlin MR-7 270 and a 6x42 on a Rem 788 22-250. This is what it looks like.
sledge437 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledge437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 19:26
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 20:14
Never seen one before, NICE looking setup. Were are they from?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
sledge437 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledge437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 21:50
Japan....a product of Fuji (camera and lens division).  I will always have a soft spot for Leupold, Weaver and Redfield when made in USA tho.....still the quality of these fujinons is incredible....wish they were still made.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2008 at 07:50
yeah, i love fujinon - i had a line on a few remaining scopes and they got bought out from under me -

i have fujinon binoculars that are simply amazing. great glass, coatings.

let me know if you find any scopes ;)

J
Jsimoneaud View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2008 at 14:30
I have 3 friends that each have Fujinon scopes, I looked thru them while on a hunt new years week. great scopes. they got them from a close out sale at sportsmansguide.com about 2 years ago, I can't find them anywhere now.
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2008 at 18:22

Didn't Smith & Wesson market a scope a couple of years ago--and didn't they look just like the Fujinon?    --Ed

sledge437 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledge437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2008 at 21:55
While the Smiths and Fujinons appear to be similar, the Fuji's are a much better scope in my humble opionion. Fuji's are out of Japan and I think Smiths are made in China.....probably explains  lot. So Ed, you are correct, sir!
crimsontide View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsontide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2008 at 17:38
The Fujinons, in my opinion, were very good scopes. Unfortunately, I no longer have one!!  I still have a pair of the Fujinon binoculars that I use all the time and they are very good quality.
Crimsontide
sledge437 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledge437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2008 at 00:30
I wish I could run across about 5 of them!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2008 at 04:13

E-bay has two Fujinon scopes for sale today. A 1.5X6X42 (NIB) and a 3X9.  --Ed 

Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2008 at 08:24
I bought two of the Fujinon 3x9s from the same place you did and they are incredible scopes.  I have one on a Wby. Euromark in a 7mm STW, rebarreled from a 7mm. Wby..  The barrel in a matte stainless steel and some how matches the scope perfect.  If I not correct, it has screw on lense caps and comes with a yellow filter, made of optics grade glass.  No, I do not want to sell mine.  The retail price for those scopes was pushing 400 dollars and I will not say what we paid.  The performance of the scope matches the retail price.  After I bought mine, I mentioned them on this site, but did not get as much feedback.  Good post.
jrod014 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2008 at 16:23
Yeah, Japan produces some of the best lenses in the world. Canon, fujinon, and a lot of other camera companies products are made in japan. Their lenses are crisp, durable and clear.

China is right behind them in technology for producing rifle scopes. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about American production and American made scopes. But most companies outsource to China and Japan because production is excellent and cheap.

It still doesn't mean that your getting a poor quality product. Some of the best stuff is made overseas.
robbie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2008 at 22:16
fujinon vs 4200 elite??  glass quality?? opinions?? thanks
sledge437 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledge437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2008 at 00:34
fujinon in my opinion. clearer and bighter. i have both and would say fujinon has a little bettter relief too.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2008 at 10:32
I would say the Fujinon and Elite 4200 are about the same, maybe with a slight edge to the Elite 4200.  But, I have never put them side to side and compared them.
Ricardus View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2008 at 13:04
Hi to everyone,
I am new to the forum.  I am a busy graduate student.  I still managed to attend the Market Hall gun show in Dallas about two weekends ago.
I came across a gentleman "W. B. "Junior" Tabor.  He seemed to be very knowledgeable about optics and was displaying some target and tactical riflescopes, lazer rangefinders, a well designed spotting scope and a couple of binoculars.
The tacticals had side adustments and were 6-24X50 and 8-36X50 priced at between $359-459!  The clarity of the optics was excellent (he claims 97% of light transmission). 
The gentleman told us his professional story which was intriguing to say the least.  He said that he had worked for Fujinon in the lens side of the house and had pioneered some sort of glass coating and had a patent or patents if I remember correctly.  After 28 years, he retired, and since Fuji still uses his lense coating technology, instead of payment to him in liscensing etc., he gets them to make lenses to his specs and then ships them to Shanghai to have his telescopes hand-assembled. 
He does not want to get involved with the large distributors because of the cost of the middleman and the fact that his design will suffer. 
This was all his story as best as I can remember it.  I hope I have not misrepresented him, and if so, I apologise ahead of time.
Frankly, I don't know whether he understood my questions about the targe knobs, about tracking, or MOA elevation and windage adjustment for long range shooting.  He insisted that brass was fine.  The adjustments seemed to be fine 1/8th clicks that were audible and tactile.  I don't want to say that he was intentionally evasive but his answers were not satisfactory to me about the above queries as to range of adjustments and tracking for return to point of impact.
He might be a knowledgeable optics guy but that does not make one an expert on the requirements that are entailed by target or tactical scopes.  Once again, I may not have made myself clear and he might have misunderstood my questions.
I am looking to purchase a telescope for my DPMS LR 308 and have come down to the Burris XTR 3-12X50 and the SS10X42.
Does anyone know about this gentleman?  He resides in Flowermound, Texas.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2008 at 15:58
Nope. 

Is he selling these hand-assembled scopes?  What are they called? You actually looked through them and thought they were nice?  That's very good news. Another scope company/importer!   Smoking%20Bandit          --Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic