OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paramudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest
    Posted: November/06/2004 at 17:14
Just got my new Conquest. I can't believe how bright it is.  It's a 3x9x50 and it is so much brighter than my Nikon Monarch.  It's not quite as bright as my Swarovski Pro Hunter, but for the money it's a great buy.
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BarrittWE01a.htm
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2004 at 21:03

I can't agree with you more.  You are really going to like it.

ranburr

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2004 at 18:25

ZEISS ROCKS!!!! plain, and simple.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2004 at 09:27
i compared my new conquest 3-9x40 with my S&B 1.5-6x42 in lowlight, dark, and light flare and honestly if there was a difference, it was hard to tell. as long as the conquest tracks and holds POI like the S&B, I'll never buy another scope besides conquests
R7 Shooter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R7 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2004 at 10:54
On the Conquest series - when increasing or decreasing magnification, does the reticle size change or does it appear to remain the same size throughout the entire zoom range? I was considering the purchase of a 4.5-14 Conquest.
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2004 at 12:01
it stays the same because it's reticle is located in the 2nd or rear focal plane
only front or 1st focal plane reticle change size to stay the same size in relation to the target when the power chenges
R7 Shooter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R7 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2004 at 12:26
Thanks! Was not sure how the Zeiss Conquest was designed as far as reticle location. I am used to having a reticle which remains the same size regardless of magnification used - glad the Conquest works that way.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic