OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

mueller apv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mueller apv
    Posted: January/15/2008 at 21:47
well for some reason I keep coming back to this scope I am looking for something to go on my encore it will either be on the 204 or the25.06 probably the latter but are these any good I need a budget scope what could they be compared to they say good things in the write ups but those I am sure are skewed. what do they compare to?
pros;

right size price and power

cons price? too cheap?
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 04:20
I thought the Mueller website said that the APV was for low recoiling rifles. Has anyone else gotten this impression?   --Ed
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 04:23
Here is the 2007 Tbone scale where Meuller showed up, If it is with the FF2 it should be pretty good. It is fully multi-coated and cost effective. I have no personal experience but they are selling up in Michigan. Though made in China the company is up here and advertise quite heavily in various statewide outdoor publications including Michigan Out-of-Doors.

2007 T-Bone Riflescope Optical Rating Scale

10 - Swarovski Z6, Zeiss Victory

9.5 - Kahles CL MultiZero*

9 - Schmidt & Bender, Swarovski PH & American, Zeiss Classic

8.5 - X.O.T.I.C.

8 - Kahles KX

7.5 - Zeiss Conquest

7 - Leupold VX-7, IOR Valdada

6.5 - Bushnell Elite 4200, Nightforce, Nikon Monarch

6 - Leupold Mark 4 VX III & VX-L, Weaver Grand Slam

5.5 - Burris Black Diamond XTR & Euro

5 - Burris Signature Select, Meopta, Pentax Lightseeker, Super Sniper, Trijicon

4.5 - Sightron

4 - Bushnell Elite 3200, Leupold VX-II, Simmons Aetec (pre-Meade)

3.5 - Nikon Buckmaster

3 -  Burris Fullfield II, Leupold Rifleman & VX-I, Millet, Mueller, Redfield USA

2.5 - Leatherwood, Simmons, Swift

2 - ATN, Tasco

1.5 - Barska, Leapers

1 - BSA, NcStar

nitis View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 08:57
so who made that list some joe blow or someone with some clout?  I also read about the low recoil on the mueller site but what exactly does that mean?  The eabco site spoke highly of it and had a new scope designed by them for them off of the apv.

On another not I have never been real impressed with the ff2s but would run one in a budget situation

anyone compare them to a weaver classic v? I have acouple of those and like em.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 10:08
Originally posted by nitis nitis wrote:

so who made that list some joe blow or someone with some clout

Evil%20Laugh%20out%20Load

Hey Doug...Is the Sightron (4.5) mentioned in that scale an S2?
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 11:11
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by nitis nitis wrote:

so who made that list some joe blow or someone with some clout

Evil%20Laugh%20out%20Load

Hey Doug...Is the Sightron (4.5) mentioned in that scale an S2?

That one did puzzle me, maybe tbone1 is joe blowBig%20Grin. I always thought the S2 was right there with the Monarch and 4200.
nitis View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 12:01
I meant no disrespect to who ever made the list

I could make a list to but it would not mean anything

So is this a legit listing?
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 13:04

It is well known @ O.T. and been pretty much a standard around here for a few years. The one I posted was the latest update to include scopes like Mueller. I had noticed the Sightron rating before. I am sure the Mueller is a good serviceable scope for some applications. It rates higher than the bottom line scopes and is right there with the Burris FF. Maybe a 2008 update is in order and as is with everything, caveat emptor. Generally you get what you pay for with optics and the mid range scopes provide a lot of bang for the buck if you can budget at least $200.

If you can get to $200 I would like to suggest the Nikon Team Primos @ $199.95. http://www.swfa.com/pc-9244-2119-nikon-3-9x40-team-primos-riflescope.aspx

This scope is last years 3-9x40 Monarch. I have one and have had it side by side with a recently purchased 3-9x40 4200 Bushnell. The quality of the glass is great for the price range and as the Tbone scale shows is right up there.

Your own eyes are the best judge. Almost any scope will get you on game or target during the day without obstructions. Where the better scopes start to shine is in low light and heavy cover at longer range. They have better contrast, resolution and brightness.

Once again, the Meuller is supposed to be in company with the FF2. That is not too bad of company.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 13:04

Just playing....Juggle

Yes, IMO, The List is very legitimate. I'd run with it.....Wink

Edited by cheaptrick - January/16/2008 at 13:05
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 13:07

The rating on the scopes were done by a group of people who KNOW scopes. I personally trust and agree with most of it. The Muellers seem to be a good scope for the money. The recoil in my opinion would eliminate the big guns. The MAG types. I have mounted one on a 22-250 and I have bee impressed it has held up well and it has held the zero. NO its not an Elite 4200, Zeiss or Kahles, but for 125.00 (4.5x14x40 APV) you get a good product. The other thing that has impressed me about Mueller is their CUSTOMER SERVICE. I hear it CAN NOT BE BEATEN. They will go above and beyond. Now thats hard to beat....

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
nitis View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 18:32
well I am looking for a go to scope for my encore in 204 ruger so sounds like a good choice to me for the money wish it had a little more power but oh well
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2008 at 20:08
They do make a 8.5x25x44 AO, but you will have to put up anoth 50.00......
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic