OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Magic Gopher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magic Gopher
    Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:06

Just click on the Magic Gopher, if you figure out how it works let me KNOW!!!!

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:13
Hold the phone!!!.....That creeps me out!!!
Eek

Edited by cheaptrick - January/15/2008 at 16:14
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:31
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

It's just a clever little math trick.  The formula (take any 2 digit number, add the two digits together, then subtract the resulting number from the original number) ALWAYS yields a number divisible by 9 between 0 and 81.  If you will notice, this game always uses the same symbols beside all of the numbers divisible by 9 (0, 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81).  You don't immediately see this pattern because of all the other meaningless numers and symbols thrown in.  Then, they just rotate the symbols next to the numbers divisible by 9 so it looks like the symbols are generated randomly, but since all the symbols beside these particular numbers are always the same, it always "magically" selects the same symbol you picked.

Edited by RifleDude - January/15/2008 at 16:35
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:33
damn engineers are smart!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:36

Warning-SPOILER BELOW-(I think)

If you do it a few times, you'll notice that the symbols next to the numbers change every time you play, and each of the the symbols is used with many numbers on the chart. I'm no mathematician, but I'll bet that the equations you are asked to perform will result in only a limited number of answers, regardless of the two-digit number you initially choose. Each of those answers has the same symbol next to it. (The same symbol gopher "chooses" each round of play!)

Edited to add: beat by a fast-typing engineer!  Doggone you Ted!

Edited by RONK - January/15/2008 at 16:39

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:37
Ah hell....And I thought that little guy was REALLY magic too!!

What's next Mr. Wizard (Buzz Killer), you going to tell us theres no such thing as The Tooth Fairy!! Head%20Banger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:41
yeah that beer i sold you ya that was non alcoholic beer so your not really drunk
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:44

Calm down, Mark.calm down...thats it ...now just take your medicine and climb back on the bus... No, buddy the other one... the SHORT one...
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:52
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

What's next Mr. Wizard (Buzz Killer), you going to tell us theres no such thing as The Tooth Fairy!! Head%20Banger

No actually, the Tooth Fairy IS real.  The last time my 10 yr. old daughter lost a tooth, I heard noises in the house that night and managed to take a pic of her before she magically vanished...

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 16:57
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Calm down, Mark.calm down...thats it ...now just take your medicine and climb back on the bus... No, buddy the other one... the SHORT one...

Some called Einstine a "dummy" too...Mooner 
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 17:02
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

No actually, the Tooth Fairy IS real.  The last time my 10 yr. old daughter lost a tooth, I heard noises in the house that night and managed to take a pic of her before she magically vanished...

She's way hot!
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 17:10

Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Some called Einstine a "dummy" too...Mooner 

Really?  Even the ones who could spell Einstein correctly?   (Please don't kill me! Baseball%20Bat)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 17:20
Laugh
MAN..........I love this forum!!!!!!!!
Rocker
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 18:19
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

She's way hot!

And then, when she was leaving, she jumped into an odd looking vehicle (that looked much like an outhouse) with this rather shady looking character, and off they went into the darkness...
Ted

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 19:22
Nut%20Kicker thats funny ted!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 19:38

Is that an ATV of some sort?

I just know we'll be seeing a lot more of that picture...The look on his face is priceless!

Edited by RONK - January/15/2008 at 19:43
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 19:50
i like the mullet!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 20:07
Since we're there, mull this over
Check out the different types
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 22:56
tahqua, that link is very disturbing! Loco  If only there was a mullet smiley.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
sigsmoker View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sigsmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 23:18

Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

It's just a clever little math trick.  The formula (take any 2 digit number, add the two digits together, then subtract the resulting number from the original number) ALWAYS yields a number divisible by 9 between 0 and 81.  If you will notice, this game always uses the same symbols beside all of the numbers divisible by 9 (0, 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81).  You don't immediately see this pattern because of all the other meaningless numers and symbols thrown in.  Then, they just rotate the symbols next to the numbers divisible by 9 so it looks like the symbols are generated randomly, but since all the symbols beside these particular numbers are always the same, it always "magically" selects the same symbol you picked.

The Golpher showed me the lottery numbers for Friday the 18th? I don't see any symbols? What are you talking about?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic