OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Target turrets on a Monarch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLRVRAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target turrets on a Monarch
    Posted: January/14/2008 at 21:02
 I have 2  6.5 x 20 Monarch i bought last spring when they were on sale. I don't much care for the target turrets at least the windage one, when you are carrying your rifle.
 Is it possible to change them out for regular caps & turrets? If so where would you find them?

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 12:49
You should have BOTH the low profile and the target turrets with your scope. Mine did.

Did you buy the scopes new?
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
OLRVRAT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLRVRAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 17:02
 Yes i purchased them both new.
 I have the target turrets and the other turrets & caps are as tall as the target turrets not low profile.  The caps are 1 1/4 " long.
 Thanks
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 17:14
http://www.swfa.com/pc-8507-218-nikon-65-20x44-monarch-ucc-riflescope.aspx
So with the low profile turrets on, it looks like the scope in the picture?
The covers are too high for you, right?

You could leave the covers off and take note of where your W/E dial numbers on your low profile turrets, checking to make sure they don't move....??? Not ideal, I know.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
OLRVRAT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLRVRAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2008 at 18:48
Yes, that's what it looks like. The windage one on the side makes it akward to carry.
 I also have a 4x12 and was wondering about putting caps and turrets similar to it on the others, if it was possible.
 It's not that important, one's on a cooper 22-250 & the other is on a ruger 77 varmit 220 swift and it's not that i pack them around much. i just wondered if it could be done And this seem's to be a good place to ask! Lot's of knowledge here i think so it don't hurt to ask.
 Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic