OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New inexpensive rimfire is on the way 93F Savage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New inexpensive rimfire is on the way 93F Savage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sigsmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New inexpensive rimfire is on the way 93F Savage
    Posted: January/12/2008 at 21:56
Here we go again ... I bought a simple Savage 93F in .22 Mag today. 
I will put the Simmons 4 x 32 8 point full view scope on this one that I have laying around.
Then when I get some extra money ( what is that? ) I'll see what this rifle will want on it.
I'll be sure to shop with SWFA again.

I have that nice 93R17-JTV with the Mueller I got on it but wanted a second rimfire for maybe something to carry into the woods.

The .17 is a good one for bench target shooting and long range groundhogs, but I don't think it will do as well sitting on a rock looking for gray squirrels. 
I want to try and shoot this one with v max hornady and some other ammo that gets good reviews.

Don't know what got into me?
Maybe the price of ammo lately has driven me to smaller calibers. I'm sure I'll like the new gun, it should be useful in a number of ways that the other 93 in .17 HMR won't be.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 17:05
Originally posted by sigsmoker sigsmoker wrote:

The .17 is a good one for bench target shooting and long range groundhogs, but I don't think it will do as well sitting on a rock looking for gray squirrels. 

I couldn't dissagree with you more!!!!  We have 3 93R17's and we shoot the hell out of squirrels with them.  As a matter of fact, we're going this weekend.  We treat it just like Deer hunting....... get dressed up in camo, creep into the woods, sit in treestands or on the ground and keep very quiet.   And they kill 'em DEAD baby!  Head shots are so cool!

Plus, you can shoot them close or out there a ways and don't have to worry about where to aim like you do with the .22s.
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic