OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Tripods, sun shades, lens covers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite 8x42 lens cover/pouch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFMF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite 8x42 lens cover/pouch
    Posted: January/12/2008 at 21:12

I just realized today that one of my objective lenses has chips and scratches in the middle of the lens.  I think it happened when I tossed it into something on truck seat for a short ride to the other side of the field.  After repair,  I want to purchase a good, quick to open cover, for all the lenses, perhaps integrated into a harness.  The factory covers are insufficient.  I was thinking someone made a harness system with a kind of "all encompassing easy open cover" that went around the whole bino.  Any ideas?  Any other suggestions?  I use them for hunting, don't want them swinging around, which a harness would solve, but I really want some good covers as part of the deal, on the objective lenses.  What about Butler creek spring open scope covers on each barrel, plus a regular sliding eyepiece cover over the top?  Any ideas or reports on what you use would be great.

Thanks,
DFM
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2008 at 10:25
DFMF,

We have several customer who use the butler creek covers on bino's.

If you have the 8x42 Elite E2 the objective covers for those are 33obj

All you would need now is a bino buddy and your ready to GO!!!Break%20Dance
DFMc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 23:30
I incorrectly called it a Bushnell Elite, actually, it is the older Bausch & Lomb Elite 8 x 42.  One of the original waterproof models, maybe 10 yrs. old?  Model no. is 61-0842.  Your suggestion of the Butler Creek objective covers may be the best idea to protect them. 

I tried to measure mine carefully after reading your reply, and looks like 1.79 inch, measured with dial caliper, or 50.5 to 51 mm. measured with a rule. Same cover as you mentioned, or different?

DFM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic