OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Compar the Weaver T Series & Grand Slam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboys78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compar the Weaver T Series & Grand Slam
    Posted: November/03/2004 at 23:05

Compar the Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14x40 and T Series T36 36x40. To burris Fullfield II or Leupold VXII and VXIII, Bushnell Elite 3200 and 4200, in regards to value and price?

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2004 at 06:48

i dont like weaver, simply becuase they're weaver, and i beleave they lack preformance, alot of people like them, but i dont, my vote will go to another scope. the elite 4200 is a VERY nice scope.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
akpls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akpls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2004 at 09:59
I have a 1.5-5 Grand Slam mounted on a Marlin 1895M.  It has been dropped, drenched and frozen in the field as well as endured too numerous to count sessions at the range.  It continues to perform without a flaw.  To me it's better than my Fullfield II and Vari-X II, but not quite as good optically at the edges as the Vari-X III's I have.  I have no experience with the Bushnell's or the new Leupold VX's.  The Grand Slam has been a very pleasant surprise considering it's price.

Edited by akpls
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2004 at 11:20

I do not like that jumbo power ring on the Weaver.  If you get the Weaver, all the ones that I have seen required Leupold extension rings.  I know of at least one person who discovered that it was not possible to use Weaver style rings with this scope on his rifle.

ranburr

akpls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akpls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2004 at 17:39
Originally posted by ranburr ranburr wrote:

I do not like that jumbo power ring on the Weaver.  If you get the Weaver, all the ones that I have seen required Leupold extension rings.  I know of at least one person who discovered that it was not possible to use Weaver style rings with this scope on his rifle.

ranburr

That may depend on your rifle.  It doesn't seem to be a problem on the Marlin lever action.  I'm using Weaver GS bases with low Leupold QRW rings.  I can see where it might be a problem on a bolt action though.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic