OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

kahles vs. elite 4200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kahles vs. elite 4200
    Posted: November/03/2004 at 20:25

Could one do better with an elite 4200 on a stainless all-weather rig rather than a kahles 2-7x36?  Its all splitting hairs I suppose, but I'm interested in the elite 4200 1.5-6x36 with rainguard.  Kahles is a good $200 more...

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2004 at 20:39

i would go with the 4200, no need to spend the extra money for the kahles if you ask me, and i dont particularly like kahles, if i was spenind the big money, i would go ahead with a swarovski, but the elite will serve you more than well, and its fog proof.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2004 at 21:11
that's what I'm thinking...
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2004 at 22:18

I've gotten spoiled.  If they don't speak Deutch, I don't buy their optics.  Then again, the 4200 is a great scope and I seriously doubt that their is a $200.00 diference in the quality.

ranburr

bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2004 at 22:52

The kicker for me is the rainguard coatings.  I've had my share of instances where this would of made a big difference in getting a shot off.  I'm gonna throw the 4200 on a stainless model 7 I think.  Thanks for the replys. 

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2004 at 23:00
Save your money and go with the Elite. The Kahles is a great scope with wonderful optics. It sounds like your planning on some foul weather hunting. The Elite will take it all in stride, no problem!!
bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2004 at 23:16
Yea, just this past week we encountered some rainy days during a special doe only gun hunt and was wanting an elite on top of my rifle.  Lens covers or not.  I've also accidently breathed on my eyepiece with below freezing weather to end up looking at a cloud while a whitetail bounded away.  Thanks again for the replys.
bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2004 at 18:37

I will give the Kahles the nod for being what seems like a nicer scope...is it $200 nicer though??.. i don't know.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2004 at 18:57

i dont beleave so. and the rainguard coating is VERY nice to have on a freezing cold rainy morning.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic