OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

High Standard Ar-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Standard Ar-15
    Posted: January/06/2008 at 16:39
Hey Guys,
I just got back from a gun show in Biloxi,Ms. I was looking for my next M-4 when I stumbled on a dealer who had some High Standard AR's for sale. They looked really nice and the finish was even and uniform . Price was $ 750.00 for a carbine version with flat top, but it was not m-4 configuration with barrel cut-out. I almost bought one on a whim but thought I would run it by y'all to see if anyone had any experience with HS AR's. Since I had never seen one before, and the fact it was $150.00 cheaper than other brands put the brakes on.
 Any help or comments ?
Derek
P.S. anyone know if they are manufactured, imported , or just contracted out by HS ?
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 18:01
Man let's get to some serious stuff... Is the light house still standing,  What about the "white house"? Did the "Witch" downtown survive Katrina. 

Uncle Silver has lots of memories from KAFB and Biloxi...
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 18:49
I have never heard of High Standard AR's.
No chrome chamber for that price, huh?

Check over @ ARFCOM. They will know.

Edited by cheaptrick - January/06/2008 at 18:49
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 20:58
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Man let's get to some serious stuff... Is the light house still standing,  What about the "white house"? Did the "Witch" downtown survive Katrina. 

Uncle Silver has lots of memories from KAFB and Biloxi...

Light house and White house (both on hwy 90) is still there. White house is in need of serious repair - almost blown away. Not sure what the witch is.
Derek
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 21:52
unless you are hand selecting the parts, they are all pretty much the same which is good because worn out replacement parts are easy to get.

HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 22:12
Thanks Dale,
The HSTX 6551 is the model I looked at. As I said, it looked well made with excellent finish, but looks can sometimes be deceiving. I was hoping someone here had experience with them. I joined AR15.com tonight to see if I could learn more, but I haven't received my email confirmation yet.
Derek
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 22:52
Derek,

The Witch was a weather vain on top of one of the older buildings down town.  It was near, west I remember, of  the musem or where the Mardi Gra musem was twenty years ago. She is featured on the main street Biloxi logo.  She survived Elania and maybe Cameal.

Silver (3383 stus and alumni hugues hall)

And ya'll thought all we did was drink and chase your women...
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic