OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ior valdada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimpenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ior valdada
    Posted: January/05/2008 at 22:18
I am considering buying the IOR Valdada 2.5x10x42 30 mm hunting scope. Can anyone give me some info on it? Is it a first or second plane focal reticle? The info I have says it can function in high humidity and rain. Does it have some kind of rainguard coating on the lenses? Is it a good scope? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2008 at 23:01
It is a SFP reticle.  If it is the same as the tactical version it will have 1/2 MOA adjustments instead of 1/4 MOA on most scopes.  IORs are fantastic, I have 3 of them and they are very durable and rugged.  The glass in IORs is amazing you won't be disappointed in an IOR.  Another option to check out is Meopta, I have a few meopta pieces of glass and comparing them side by side with IOR optical clarity I think the glass looks just as good.  You have more options with Meopta and much cheaper prices.  I have an Artemus 3000 on a 45-70 and it is doing great, I really really like it.  But if money was not a concern I would get the IOR.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 03:33
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

If it is the same as the tactical version it will have 1/2 MOA adjustments instead of 1/4 MOA on most scopes. 

Negative. 1/4 MOA clicks.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 07:40
Get%20Your%20Popcorn%20Ready
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 09:54
[QUOTE=supertool73]  If it is the same as the tactical version it will have 1/2 MOA adjustments instead of 1/4 MOA on most scopes. 

Negative again. Your Tactical is incorrectly advertised as having 1/2 Moa clicks. Close, but no cigar.  They are in fact 1/10 MIL. clicks. (Approximatly .36 moa per click. )

edited for spelling error.

Edited by RONK - January/06/2008 at 09:57
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 11:42
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

[QUOTE=supertool73]  If it is the same as the tactical version it will have 1/2 MOA adjustments instead of 1/4 MOA on most scopes. 

Negative again. Your Tactical is incorrectly advertised as having 1/2 Moa clicks. Close, but no cigar.  They are in fact 1/10 MIL. clicks. (Approximatly .36 moa per click. )

edited for spelling error.

Umm not quite, they have a mil version and a MOA version in a few of their scopes now.  The 2.5-10x is one of those scopes. 

MOA version SFP
http://www.swfa.com/pc-10156-292-ior-25-10x42-tactical-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx
Mil version FFP
http://www.swfa.com/pc-10157-292-ior-25-10x42-tactical-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

Edited by cheaptrick - January/08/2008 at 17:59
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 11:46
From the IOR sight

Technical Data Tactical http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03h

Magnification 2.5-10x
Objective diameter 42mm
Field of view at 100 yards 34-11.9 feet
Exit pupil diameter 16.8-4.2mm
Eye relief 3.5 inches
Diopter adjustment -4 to +4 DPT
Reticle adjustment range 88 MOA
Click adjustment 1/2 MOA
Tube diameter 30mm
Length 13.75 inches
Weight 17 oz

Specifications Hunting http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/02d

Magnification 2.5-10x
Objective diameter 42mm
Field of view at 100 yards 34-11.9 feet
Exit pupil diameter 16.8-4.2mm
Eye relief 3.5 inches
Diopter adjustment -4 to +4 DPT
Reticle adjustment range 88 MOA
Click adjustment 1/4 MOA
Tube diameter 30mm
Length 13.75 inches
Weight 17 oz

Edited by tahqua - January/06/2008 at 11:51
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 12:12

It is my understanding that many IOR Tacticals have, at least in the past, been advertised as having 1/2 moa clicks, when they are in fact calibrated as 1/10 mil clicks, (which are preferable if you place any importance on having the dials correspond to the reticle, MP8 is a milling reticle.
 I was unaware that they currently produce and market both styles now and I apologize for trying to inform you of a potential stumbling block.  
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 12:22
Who knows, anymore. Even from the manufacturer we can get varying and sometimes bad info. Witness the Kahles etched reticle thread.
Regardless, I have not used IOR but some members around here have. By far most of them like them and it would seem as though their optical quality gets you into some pretty good company.

Edited by tahqua - January/06/2008 at 12:33
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 12:32
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Who knows, anymore. Even from the manufacturer we can get varying and sometimes bad info. Witness the Kahles etched reticle thread.
Regardless, I have not used IOR but some members around here have. By far most of them like them and it would seem as though their optical quality gets you into come pretty good company.

Exactly. They are by most accounts very good optics for the money. Customer service may or may not still be iffy, but if you buy from SWFA, you will be treated fairly.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 13:16
No argument here, just posting what the IOR site had with links so that the O.P. could look it up. I don't own IOR, but those are the facts from the companies site.
A lot of us here pass on information that we have gleaned from others. This is also for the benefit of the O.P. There is also the search function here. There are literally dozens of hits regarding IOR in the last year.
Point; I dont mind passing on info if it helps the O.P. It doesn't take first hand knowledge to pass on what I have learned from other members here at O.T. and IOR has good ratings.

Edited by tahqua - January/06/2008 at 13:36
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 14:01
 (Proud owner of IOR Tactical 2.5-10x with 1cm, or 1/10 MILLIRADIAN clicks.)

Edited by cheaptrick - January/08/2008 at 18:07
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 14:15
BTT
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 14:31
Well since you guys are all having such a good time interacting :>) Let me just very calmly say in answer to the opening post.....no they offer no type of rain coating. Second I will still say they are heavy, tight in my opinion on eye relief, and their service is not very well established in this country. Good scopes, probably........one I would take over a conquest.........no.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 14:45
Get%20Your%20Popcorn%20ReadyGet%20Your%20Popcorn%20Ready
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 16:23
It only weights 2 oz more than a comparable 3-9 conquest.  But the IOR has a 30mm tube so that would make up the diff.  Eye relief is 3.5 which I used on a 7mm and never had a problem.  Butt the IOR is more expensive so the conquest may be a better option.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2008 at 13:50
Okay all, I want to publicly say my bad for acting like an ass getting bent out or shape and going overboard.  I apologize and am sorry, I have been meaning to do this for days, but you all know how pride works it has been getting the best of me. The rebukes and rips to me are and were deserved.  My excuse is I had a bad morning as I had some problems at work that had to bring me in on a Sunday and I was pissed anyway and went overboard and did not read between the lines and overreacted.  I actually wanted to delete my post right after I wrote it but being new did not allow me to do it, so I just had to sit and look like an ass. So my bad I hope to get a second chance from you all.  I am actually a real nice guy who does not get pissed to often who loves to share info and learn from others.  I have almost 20 years of shooting experience and several years of tactical training experience.  So anyway I'm sorry.

Thanks 

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2008 at 14:06
Not to worry, we all get our day in the sun around here. I know I've done it.
Is that the reason for the new avatarCool
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2008 at 14:08
Thanks
No, I like to change them often.  If i see a new one I like better I will probably change it again.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2008 at 14:21
id still have mine but it had some issues
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic