OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CitiBank and First Data - ANTI-GUN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CitiBank and First Data - ANTI-GUN
    Posted: January/04/2008 at 12:25

It has come to our attention that First Data has terminated their relationship with a Texas based company (CDNN Sports, Inc.) solely based on the fact that they sell firearms.  Below is a quote from June Rivera-Mantilla of Citi Merchant Service / First Data Merchant Services Corporation.

We discussed with Mr. Crawford said termination due to the sale of firearms in a non face-to-face environment.  Keep in mind that a violation of the Gun Control Act occurs when a gun offered online is sold to an individual in another state:  the act prohibits selling a handgun to a resident of another state.  Shipping across state lines is also banned, yet guns for sale online reach people across the country.  We at Citi Merchant Service are unable to monitor or track adherence to these Gun Control laws. 

CDNN is a federally licensed firearms dealer.  It is legal to sell and ship firearms across state lines; secondly it is not Citi’s responsibility to uphold the law.  The state and federal government have many restrictions and laws that govern a multitude of consumer products including such products like automobiles and alcohol.  Will Citi terminate their contracts with online alcohol dealers based on the fact that it is against the law to sell alcohol to a minor and Citi will not be able to monitor or track these sells.  Will Citi terminate their contracts with online automobile dealers because they are selling automobiles that can exceed the maximum speed limit although Citi will not be able to monitor or track these violations?  These examples may seem ridiculous to Citi / First Data, but they are no different than the excuse used to terminate CDNN’s contract.

If you do any business with CitiBank or First Data, please reconsider replacing them with a firearms friendly company.  Additional please contact Citi and First Data to express your concerns in regards to their anti-gun policies and tactics.

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 12:53
Thanks for the info. I am in the process of changing from my present provider and this helps.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 13:09
looks like i am one step ahead then i changed to amex last year
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 13:14
Just more BS. There's a list of the anti-gun buisinesses, I think it's on the NRA website, or there is a link there.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 13:37
another ebay .....
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 13:39
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

another ebay .....

Problem is, there aren't many alternatives. Gunbroker doesn't get close to the same traffic.

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 15:10
eBay is not anti-gun.  Read this thread completely.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 15:16
they may not say they are but they may as well be you cant buy brass or bullets off ebay anymore, just reloading tools and gun parts now
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 15:20
Did you read all the info on the link I posted?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 15:22
yes but they still jerked anything off there site that could be made into ammo because of the  virginia tech shooting

Edited by pyro6999 - January/06/2008 at 18:24
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
treeshepherd View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treeshepherd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 17:34
Here's an article that may be of interest.  I canceled my citi card acount.
VINCE IN BONO MALUM
treeshepherd View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treeshepherd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 17:34
oops here it is.  http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15299
VINCE IN BONO MALUM
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 18:06

***Message from Matt Halprin - New Listing Restrictions on Gun Parts***

July 30, 2007 | 10:00AM PST/PT

Matt Halprin

In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.

As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team ? along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. ? have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety

This is the statement to which I refer.  Look- I've bought stuff like  scopes ( from SWFA,etc) off of ebay, but  I surely miss those restricted items like Encore barrels,etc....Plus, this statement certainly doesn't sound pro-gun- that's for sure !

Edited by martin3175 - January/05/2008 at 04:15
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2008 at 11:21
Tends to make you wonder how many drug dealers and thieves have accounts there at that bank - that the bank is unaware ofDirty%20Harry, and just exactly why cant that bank monitor every violation of law involving moneyParty - (whos your daddy Devil ?)     

Ouch Interesting concept that the bank thinks it is their business to monotor how funds are spent, makes you not want to use debit cards - huh.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - January/05/2008 at 11:27

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2008 at 11:36
The GUNGRABBERS Indiana%20Jonesso Citibank, and Ebay Hiding Let me tell ya what I think Cencored !!!!!!!! They can kiss my Cencored !!!!!!!
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2008 at 20:12
Since my brother works in management for Citi Bank I asked him- here is the reply:

What's unfortunate about the attached quote is that Citi no longer has any merchant processing operations.  We sold that to First Data several years ago.  (First Data is an American Express spin off).   I think who ever is attributing the change to Citi is incorrect - it should be a First Data issue.  Another note, First Data was recently taken private.  All the stock was purchased by a private equity company though I forget the name.  K.  used to work for them so we had some FDC stock but since the buyout we no longer have any.  

I don't have as strong a feeling about guns as you, and dad, do.  However, I am very opposed to limitations on purchasing then as long as they are purchased for valid reasons by non criminals.  The real issue is that we need to uphold valid laws relative to the mis use of weapons.  If a gun is used in a crime, there should be additional penalties.  Guns used for hunting, protection or target practice should not be limited.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 15:17
It has been that automobiles are more dangerous than guns. More people that drive cars that have parts purchased on EBAY have killed more than ten times the people harmed by guns. Any automobile manufacture that builds a car that can be used in a crime should be closed. EBAY should be held accountable. All excutives of any lender that loans money for the purchase of an automobile that is used in a crime should be held fully accountable for the crimes commited.
BUY MORE HORSES!!!
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 15:20
Mother's Against Drunk Drivers don't go after Buicks!!    It's a scam........

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 17:42
They are starting to demand drug testing on anyone receiving government aid, it should include Wall Street and bankers and insurance companies.

Duce Yippee
Duce
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 19:13
CHEESE AND RICE! I don't want to change banks, but I am now, sons of biscuits, cork suckers!   Loco

Edited by rifle looney - April/10/2009 at 19:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic