OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New member here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member here
    Posted: January/03/2008 at 13:46
New here, just wanted to introduce myself. 

I am a avid hunter and into self defense training and am getting involved in long range shooting.  I have my first formal precision rifle class coming up soon.  I love trying and learning about new optics.  IOR and Meopta are my two favorite brands amazing glass and quality in both brands.

Thanks
Jason

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 13:48
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

New here, just wanted to introduce myself. 

I am a avid hunter and into self defense training and am getting involved in long range shooting.  I have my first formal precision rifle class coming up soon.  I love trying and learning about new optics.  IOR and Meopta are my two favorite brands amazing glass and quality in both brands.

Thanks
Jason

ST welcome to the OPTICSTALK.

what kind of self defence you into.What style rather
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 13:59
Welcome Supertool
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 14:08
welcome to the ot make your self comfortable and enjoy the ride
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 14:28
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

[

ST welcome to the OPTICSTALK.

what kind of self defence you into.What style rather

I have been attending classes at Front Sight for a couple years now.  They teach the modified harries technique.  The bladed off push and pull thing.  But as we all know when you start training real tactics the whole stopping and blading off before a shoot-out doesn't really happen.  Big%20Smile  But I have learned a lot and enjoyed the ride and made and met a lot of good friends.

I have my 2 precision rifle courses coming up there in March and April then hopefully in the Fall or 08 I can get out to Central Virginia Tactial and train with master Flea.  Word on the street is he is one of the best teachers and precision shooters out there.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 14:38

St,

Cool I have studied WING CHUN for about 10 years now.it's a close quarters fighting system that works really well with self defence.It combin's angles and the use of oncomming energy's with out wasted motion.but it is brutal.most of the people i have tought didn't understaind that the person they are about to fight off wants to hurt them really bad and they are going to have to hurt them really bad first.they get squimish about it but oh well

Enuff blabing from me welcome to the OT again and if your ever around ATL Ga stop by we can swap some knowledge.

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - January/03/2008 at 14:40

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 14:41
I figured out after I posted you were talking hand to hand while I was talking gun training.  But Front Sight teaches a few hand to hand classes, but I have just not hit any of them up yet.  I am to addicted to the rifle and handgun tactics classes, they are just to fun.  
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 14:48
there is a place here in douglasville that dose alot of tactical classes from indoors to outdoors and such.I have been eye balling them to try and get in one.they stay pretty booked up with all the law enforcment people from around the metro area. but maybe one day i'll get luck and get a spot in one.

We also do alot of training with knifes.thats pretty neat.thing you wouod never think about.

silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 16:02
Welcome.  We will ragg on you after we get to know you. Naughty
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 17:29
Welcome aboard, I'm pretty normal except for the twitch.....some members are downright strange. They keep files on most of us.......:>)

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 18:39
JEESH, You see the size of that file on me? Shocked Crikey!!!!! Pyros aint little either, and Rifledude's well just ask him.

Cyborg
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 19:37
Thanks for the welcome all, I think I am going to be able to learn a lot about optics from you guys.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 20:17
you might not learn about optics but we will teach you bad habits for sure, most include spending huge sums of money on scopes guns and table dances, i mean boobs, i mean booze
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 06:38
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

you might not learn about optics but we will teach you bad habits for sure, most include spending huge sums of money on scopes guns and table dances, i mean boobs, i mean booze

yeah I have spent a ton of Money on GUN"S,CARS and WOMEN in my short life and the rest I just wasted

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 10:26
There are a few here that know a great deal, the rest of us are here purely for entertainment purposes.

Cyborg
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 13:46
Welcome to O.T. and cool avitar.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 18:46
That was funny, Big Daddy!!    Excellent   --Ed
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2008 at 11:37
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

There are a few here that know a great deal, the rest of us are here purely for entertainment purposes.

I'll second that notionCheers

Greetings

did you remember to fill out the background questionaire http://www.fbijobs.gov/54.asp

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - January/05/2008 at 11:41

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2008 at 12:32
Shoot, I must have missed that questionnaire. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2008 at 16:40
Welcome to the forum from me too!..........Aka! Squeeze,,,,Squeezer,,,,,BSBS%20Flag (don`t take those initials literally though),,,,,,,insteee-gater Stiring%20The%20Pot,,,,,,,,,comedianBig%20GrinRoll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing,,,,,,and an just an all-round good guy!!Big%20Smile.........Although once in awhile, I do take care of some like so!...Nut%20Kicker OR Mean%20Computer...................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic