OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

new england any good

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterken8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new england any good
    Posted: January/02/2008 at 21:51
hi for 200 doller is this gun shoot ok  270 cal  hunterken8@yahoo.com
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 21:53
are you talking about a new england firearms single shot?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
hunterken8 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterken8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 22:06
yes i am
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 07:10
mixed review from my experiences with them, my father in law had one in a .223 and it was a piece of junk, his father also has one and its a shooter, so i cant say that they are good or bad, i guess its a $200 rifle, so its a roll of the dice
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 07:48
I think it has a lot to do with how tight the action locks up when closed. Some seem to really shoot while others are only medicore.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 08:09

I've got one in 30/30 and it's a shooter...1.5 inch groups at 100 yds are the norm. I put a Advanced Tech collapsable stock on it for my son to use when he was 10 yrs old and it worked perfectly ( as he grew- so did the l.o.p. ) . You can switch barrels, but H&R insists that they do it for you. Mine does lock up nice and tight, and  I do concur that seems to be the clincher for accuracy. If yours doesn't, I imagine that H&R can work on it for you ( call'em first to be sure ) .

Edited by martin3175 - January/03/2008 at 09:12
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 08:30
Gun-tests magazine just reviewed the NEF in a 17 mach 2 and rated it an A as compared to a Marlin 917 mach 2 and a Savage Mark II mach 2 (that interestingly was delivered without an accutrigger), that were rated A- and F respectively.  (The later because of the poor trigger, which would be remedied quickly with an accutrigger, which it should have come with).  I have read other good reviews and have thought about buying one.  They thought the quality of the rifle was good.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterken8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2008 at 20:17
thanks
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterken8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2008 at 20:51
has any body shot the new england 308 survivor does it shoot any good for 225.00
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2008 at 22:14
I've shot dozens of NEF single shots in several different calibers.  Some shoot good, some don't.  It's a $200 rifle, so it should be viewed in that context.  You aren't likely to be awed by its elegant lines, superb craftsmanship and fine fit and finish, because it has none of those qualities.  What it is is an inexpensive rifle that's simple and reliable and you won't mind mistreating a little.  The ones I've used had terrible triggers.  They work and some shoot decent, maybe even good for what they are, but that's about all you can say about them.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Smokey53119 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey53119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2008 at 22:31
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

You aren't likely to be awed by its elegant lines, superb craftsmanship and fine fit and finish, because it has none of those qualities.  

I agree

If the Stevens 200, Mossberg ATR, and now the Marlin XL7 weren't available new for only about $75 more the NEF it would be more attractive to me as a beater toy.  Throw in used Remmy 700's etc. at about the same price point and its a tough market.  Some of the higher end NEF's look pretty nice, but the reports I read all say about the same thing as what was previously mentioned here.

Of course that also means that if a guy could get a used NEF for let's say $135ish out the door it might be fun to fool with one for awhile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic